Solomon

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Solomon

Post by rama_fan »

Fremantle have offered him 2 years
We have offered him one.

Fremantle have desperately tried to find a trade for him.

What have they offered that we haven't been happy with?

I would be happy with a 3rd round draft pick or a player of Marcus Drum's quality.

Surely this deal will happen tomorrow, or else Solly will just walk to the PSD and we'll get nothing for me.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

His bags are packed, just needs the marching orders. He'll go between 1 and 2 tomorrow.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Solomon

Post by Sismis »

rama_fan wrote:Surely this deal will happen tomorrow, or else Solly will just walk to the PSD and we'll get nothing for me.
Are you part of the trade as well :shock:
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Hopefully we get Marcus Drum then Solly can replace him in the WAFL at Perth so he will feel comfortable running around in Red and Black again!!! :D :D :D
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

How is Solomon only worth a 3rd rd draft pick???
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Re: Solomon

Post by Megan »

Sismis wrote:
rama_fan wrote:Surely this deal will happen tomorrow, or else Solly will just walk to the PSD and we'll get nothing for me.
Are you part of the trade as well :shock:
Can we trade Rama Fan and Solly for Judd?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I reckon we could get a second round pick for him. But I wouldnt mind having Marcus drum. Looks the sort, is tall and quite quick.
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

nomolos wrote:How is Solomon only worth a 3rd rd draft pick???
Because he has done nothing for 2-3 seasons!!! A 3rd rounder is a steal!

I reckon if we get Drum on his own ... we'd have bent over Freo. Does Drum 'want' to leave?
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

topdon wrote:
nomolos wrote:How is Solomon only worth a 3rd rd draft pick???

I reckon if we get Drum on his own ... we'd have bent over Freo. Does Drum 'want' to leave?
Not that I know of :?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Drum is also being mentioned as a possible inclusion in the deal for Tarrant.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

What garbage.

2004 arguably our best player apart from McPhee. solly came 3rd in the B&F.

2005 - Played the season with a knee injury and was only pulled out for surgery in rd 17 when we were officially out of contention for top 8.

2006 - No excuse. Poor season. But the guy was playing out of position alot.

One thing is for sure...Solly is worth more than a 3rd rd draft pick.

If Essendon dont get adequate ruturn for Solly it will bite us in the ass. He is in for a BIG season next year. I dont care what anyone says.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Not as confident as you are but I agree, I think he will get back to his best and his best is pretty good so we should expect adequate compensation.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I would be suprised if there is a trade now. Freo have traded there 1st pick for Tarrant and Essendon won't accept a 3rd round for him so he might go in the PSD or stay with us.
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

I'd like to see anyone defend sheedy for this one. Absolute shit.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

SuperSonic wrote:Absolute shit.
Depending on how those drafts we acquired turn out and Solomon's form, that could describe either Connolly or Sheedy's performance in this trade. You just don't know.

One thing is certain, though: if Solomon plays at Freo like he did for us in 2005/06, then even if Freo gave us a cheese sandwich we'd be better off.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

He's with his mate Tarrant now. Whats the bet they have blinders next year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Tamworth Bomber wrote:He's with his mate Tarrant now. Whats the bet they have blinders next year.
Yep, I agree. They'll both be "blind" at the pub before and after the game.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

The Bombers traded Solomon and draft selection 52 in exchange for draft selections 42 and 47.

This is a disgrace!!! Solly is still young with a few years still ahead of him... He's a Premiership player and from what you hear is generally well liked around the club... I'm not gonna try and defend his season this year but his overall record with us would be pretty bloody good!!! I reckon he will have a great season next year and all we get out of it is pick 42!!!!..... yeah we get 47 instead of 52 but five places at that end of the draft probably aint gonna matter that much...... Hey I might be wrong and we might get some gun at #42 who turns out to be the next Hird or Fletcher but I really do think this trade is gonna come back and bite us in the ass!!
Much the same as when we let Hardwick go...... :(
Time will tell and I hope i'm wrong....

GO BOMBERS!!!!
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

have any of you guys considered the fact that maybe $oloman didn't want to stay? The club stood firm on a one year deal. That was all he deserved IMO. He has held the club to ransom before and was now holding out for a 2 year deal. If he wasn't traded, he may of walked in the PSD. He needed to pull his head in and take the one year deal and prove his worth to the Essendon Football Club, not hold out for a deal he did not earn!!! Good bye Dean, good luck at your new home, Bombers, let's close the book on this deal and move on trying to replace him with a more skilled, disciplined and dedicated player.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Golly gosh my man/woman I agree one million %, well summed up
ace076 wrote:have any of you guys considered the fact that maybe $oloman didn't want to stay? The club stood firm on a one year deal. That was all he deserved IMO. He has held the club to ransom before and was now holding out for a 2 year deal. If he wasn't traded, he may of walked in the PSD. He needed to pull his head in and take the one year deal and prove his worth to the Essendon Football Club, not hold out for a deal he did not earn!!! Good bye Dean, good luck at your new home, Bombers, let's close the book on this deal and move on trying to replace him with a more skilled, disciplined and dedicated player.