Everitt to Carlton?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Everitt to Carlton?

Post by Boyler_Room »

As it becomes less and less likely that a deal will be struck between Hawthorn and Sydney for Ruckman Peter Everitt, the likelihood of Everitt being forced into the Pre-Season Draft is growing. Given Carlton's severe need for a ready-made ruckman, will we see them pick up midfielders in the NAB Draft in the likes of Bryce Gibbs, and then secure the services of veteran Everitt with their first pick in the Pre-Season Draft?
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Carlton come out and said they wouldn't recruit anyone over the age of 24. I think Spider wouldn't end up there.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sydney and Hawthorn seem to be playing high stakes poker and both could end up losing if they don't get their shit together in the next few hours.

Hawthorn know they are going to lose him but will their pride allow them to lose him for nothing rather than end up feeling like they got shafted by Sydney?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Surely Carlton don't want to add to their atrocious record of the past 5 seasons (3 spoons included), by recruiting a 32 year old pensioner. You would think they'd have learnt from their abysmal recruiting of Stephen O'Reilly, Corey McKernan and Mick Martyn LOL! Then again, I couldn't give a flying toss what happens to them. In fact......RECRUIT HIM, YOU DICKS
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Spider will go to Sydney regardless. Hawthorn should take what they can get for him or they will get nothing. The same wankers in charge of this debacle were in charge at Port with the Nick Stevens fiasco a copule years back.