Fremantle favourites to get Tarrant

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Fremantle favourites to get Tarrant

Post by swoodley »

Reported on Channel 7 news here in Perth tonight.

They say that the Eagles are not willing to agree to Collingwood's demands and as such the dockers have firmed as favourites to get him.

The deal as reported revolves around the Dockers 1st round pick and one of Crowley, Schammer or Drum. They also said that the Dockers have offered Tarrant $400k per year for three years.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

$400k!!
he aint worth that surley. if i were freo i'd be saying no.. he aint worth a first round pick and one of the players listed.... one or the other id say
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

oh and freo were looking to be in a nice position too..... oh well
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I really rate Crowley. If the pies could get Crowley and 1st round pick for Tarrant they would be absoloute idiots not to IMO. Would love to have him at the Bombers, athletic yet tall, very hard to match up on for opposition. Collingwood demanded the eagles give them Rosa and 1st round pick for Tarrant, like West Coast were ever going to accept that lopsided deal.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The Dockers want him as they figure he will get less attention given that he would be playing alongside Pavlich.

I reckon this deal will get done...Basil Zempilas on Channel 7 ws just about creaming himself when he was doing the report.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Are fremantle the biggest trade idiots in the afl?

Well of course..

BUT

Crowley/Schammer AND a first round pick?

f*** me.

Crowley and Schammer will turn out to be better players than Tarrant and they're throwing in a first round pick as well :?: :?: :?:

I would happily exchange a second round pick for Crowley or Schammer anyday of the week and they're just letting Collingwood screw them over like this?
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Fremantle want to go further in the finals and they offer a huge amount of money and quality players for someone who goes missing when the heat is on.

Looks like they havent lost their trading nous
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Seriously, any AFL club that is looking to offload some non-performing, over paid "star" just needs to call Freo these days. It's like "Connelly! It's Sheeds here mate. How you been keeping? Ahh, that's good. Now, I've got an absolute doozy of a player for you. Yeah, Solomon is his name. Lovely skills, quick, disciplined...can't believe we're loosing him! Anyway, why don't you send over Pavlich, Carr, Bell and Sandilands, and a first roundpick, and we'll see what we can do..."

No idea.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Don't rubbish them too loudly or they might realise the error of their ways - eventually
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Deals done. Tarrant to Freo, Medhurst to Shitsville...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They seriously are dead set stupid. They have forwarsd, they need toughness down back.

Any team willing to give up their first round pick for Tarrant should be executed.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Deals done. Tarrant to Freo, Medhurst to Shitsville...
Is freo given up there first round pick?