Notting is now essential

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Notting is now essential

Post by dingus »

With Solly going, we need this bloke on our list next year. I can't see any viable alternatives.

As Crap as Solly was this year (He was crapper than crap, and that's pretty crappy) He was able to play most of an AFL season. We're not getting anyone in the "superdraft" who can do that next year, and I feel we are now one defender short of a backline. A couple of our kids are nearly there, but need at least one more season. I feel.

The only alternative may be to send Slucas permanantly to the backline next year , have McPhee and NLM running out of half back, Welsh and McVeigh closing down pockets and Fletch dominating at full back.

:shock:

On reflection, f*** Notting.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Nah, get Notting. The boy can play. Can kick to a target more than 30m away too, something Solomon struggled with.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Notting would be OK, but as you just worked out yourself, send Lucus back to HB where he was AA and B&F and our backline looks OK.

We should also expect some improvement from Bradley who I certainly havent given up on yet. So whilst Notting would add some depth and give us another option, it wouldn't necesarily be our first priority in the PSD.

Not sure whoelse is available? anyone??
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

It's such a shame that KB has turned out to be such a crap defender. If he could have taken a tall on the backline for us, our structure would be tops.
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

I saw in the Age this morning that Notting kicked 2 goals 14 behinds this season - im not so sure about him being a good kick. I noticed Thornton wasn't traded, does this mean he will go into the pre-season draft? He might be an option for half-back - don't know if he's got the size on him to play as a CHB tho.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

[quote="Sol"]Notting would be OK, but as you just worked out yourself, send Lucus back to HB where he was AA and B&F and our backline looks OK.

We should also expect some improvement from Bradley who I certainly havent given up on yet. So whilst Notting would add some depth and give us another option, it wouldn't necesarily be our first priority in the PSD.

Not sure whoelse is available? anyone??[/quote]

The Cloke Boys [-(
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

gringo wrote:It's such a shame that KB has turned out to be such a crap defender. If he could have taken a tall on the backline for us, our structure would be tops.
Truly you are a total dickhead. :evil:

At that advanced age of 20 (and now 45 games under his belt) he is a failure as a KPP? Give me a break....he should spend a year as a floating wingman (unmatchable on) where he played as a teenager against men in the WAFL before getting drafted to us to get another 20 games more under his belt and more experience and THEN try him at KPP.

As for your comments about Jobe....total ignorance.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Filthy wrote:
gringo wrote:It's such a shame that KB has turned out to be such a crap defender. If he could have taken a tall on the backline for us, our structure would be tops.
Truly you are a total dickhead. :evil:

At that advanced age of 20 (and now 45 games under his belt) he is a failure as a KPP? Give me a break....he should spend a year as a floating wingman (unmatchable on) where he played as a teenager against men in the WAFL before getting drafted to us to get another 20 games more under his belt and more experience and THEN try him at KPP.

As for your comments about Jobe....total ignorance.
Other than his size, what has KB done to suggest that he will ever make it as a key defender, or as a defender at all for that matter? Other than the fact he was a high draft pick??? Whoooops!!!!!!

A "floating wingman". Awesome. Let's free someone up on the wing with no skills, who is slow and can't run out a game. And then let's have players like Hird and McVeigh who can use the ball manning up on people.

"Unmatchable on"??? I couldn't agree more. As we saw this year when he was chucked into the middle, teams don't bother manning him up. So you are spot on there.

Keep punching, sunbeam.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

notting would be nice if he is available.

i feel there is no money at brisbane.

they will offer what they can.

i am amazed brisbane only got pick 34 for aker.

thats a crummy deal for a club that just needs draft picks(ie cheap good youngsters until they are free of the voss debt amongst others)
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Thornton would be a better bet I'd say. If Carlton can't come to the table with him.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Notting would be a great pick up. He would add some stability to our backline and can also run forward.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Notting >> Solly, at current form standards anyway. Would be a very good pickup, and is experienced at 27.

Depends a lot on who else decides to nominate for the draft.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Notting would want a bit of $. Not sure he would be worth it at 27.

I think we should start to develop defenders like Lee and Lucy (AA U/18 FB don't forget....)
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Notting would be a great pick up,BUT PLEASE PLEASE,no one with the surname of CLOKE!
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

get nots
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

DYSON#2 wrote:get nuts
:shock: Whatever floats your boat.

:wink:
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Notting would be fantastic. Hope he comes!
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Think Notting would be handy & add some experience to our younger guys.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Forget Notting.

Lee should be playing CHB or possibly Hansen if drafted.

There is enough experience in the team already. Play younger guys like Winderlich and Slattery who wouldn't get regular games with Notting in the team. We need to rebuild, quick fixes don't help when you come second last (only by percentage).
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Notting is a tall wingman, not a CHB.

I know sismis would prefer one of the Clokes, preferably Jason.

I would prefer to get venereal disease than Jason Cloke.
Last edited by Rossoneri on Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.