Raph Clarke

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
nomolos
Club Captain

Raph Clarke

Post by nomolos »

Even bigger shit c*** than Stephen Milne

Discuss
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Raph Clarke

Post by swoodley »

played poorly today but I fail to see how you can compare him with Milne :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Was pretty bad today... wanst really the best match up for Shannon Byrnes....cant blame him for the loss though, that goes to all the players that missed the easy goals.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

He's f*cking hopeless. My dad hates him - my dad's a Saints fan. :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Ossie wrote:He's f*cking hopeless. My dad hates him - my dad's a Saints fan. :lol:
can see why he hates him, dunno how he is in the team even before today, total pretender at the best of times
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Not in their best 22 by a long shot... but not alone... Expect Lyons to target experienced players to replace the bottom 4 or 5 players in their 22.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Gwilt and Armitage would have been handy for them today... Dawson did a pretty good job though i thought.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Filthy wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Gwilt and Armitage would have been handy for them today... Dawson did a pretty good job though i thought.
Mrs M ...I love ya..but were you pissed? Hahah ...he is hopeless :D
hahaha im serious i thought he tried hard today.... yes he stuffed up one major time when Hawkins goaled but he took some great marks as well.... i guess im sort of saying that he did well considering that everyone wanted Maxy Hudghton to play... :P

ahhh well im still bummed that the Saints lost.... :(
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

St.Kilda better hope they have a good run of injuries again next year. They didn't play any first year players this year which will mean they'll basically have first year players from two drafts next year.
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

robrulz5 wrote:St.Kilda better hope they have a good run of injuries again next year. They didn't play any first year players this year which will mean they'll basically have first year players from two drafts next year.
Not quite accurate Rob. Jack Steven debuted in Rd 18 or 19. You're right about the injuries. Bloody good run. No excuses. Not good enough when it counted.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

visiting saint wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:St.Kilda better hope they have a good run of injuries again next year. They didn't play any first year players this year which will mean they'll basically have first year players from two drafts next year.
Not quite accurate Rob. Jack Steven debuted in Rd 18 or 19. You're right about the injuries. Bloody good run. No excuses. Not good enough when it counted.
Sorry didn't realise about Jack Steven. You have a pretty good group of 26 players or so but really need to give more young players a chance next year because if you don't you'll have no choice but to bottom out in a few years time when star players retire and other start to reach the end of their career.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

visiting saint wrote:
Saints were good enough, and against any other team, you would have won by 4 goals. Crucial misses in the 1st and 2nd stuffed you.
Wouldn't be suprised to see them go 21-1 or 20-2 next year and end up winning the flag. This team is far more mentally strong than under Thomas.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Rossoneri wrote:
visiting saint wrote:
Saints were good enough, and against any other team, you would have won by 4 goals. Crucial misses in the 1st and 2nd stuffed you.
Wouldn't be suprised to see them go 21-1 or 20-2 next year and end up winning the flag. This team is far more mentally strong than under Thomas.
Yep.

2 oustanding teams deservedly played off in the G.F. this year.

Badelaide and the Doggies (free of injury and with Barry Hall up front) will be the only chellengers next year - and even then I think they are both a fair margin away.

Injuries will be all that stop these two great teams from going around at the big dance next year.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

robrulz5 wrote:
visiting saint wrote:
Sorry didn't realise about Jack Steven. You have a pretty good group of 26 players or so but really need to give more young players a chance next year because if you don't you'll have no choice but to bottom out in a few years time when star players retire and other start to reach the end of their career.
I agree that we've got another couple of years with a fair crack with this group. Lyon's also done a lot of good recruiting work in addition to what you see on the field in the 22 each week. There are a fair crop of young guys pushing for selection and there will be more with another pre-season under their belts. They just couldn't crack it for a spot this year with such a good H&A season.
I also think that our bottom 6 aren't quite there. Players like Dempster, Gwilt, Raph Clarke are borderline selections for me. It's due in good part to the appalling management of recruiting under bloody Grant Thomas. Two first round picks, three second round picks and one or two third rounders for : Barry Brooks, Cain Ackland, Fergus Watts, Mark McGough, Matthew Ferguson and a couple of other zero return investments. All of these guys were picked up after Roo, Kosi, Dal Santo, Montagna, Sam Fisher and Matt Maguire. That's why there's plenty of 25 year olds in the Saints line-up and not many in the 22, 23 and 24 age bracket. It's hurting us now and it will get more pronounced if the young fellas that Lyon and Drain have picked up don't come through.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

what will happen to macguire :?:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:
visiting saint wrote:
I don't think they'll win as many games next year but they may still improve. Without trying to put down their efforts, I noticed at the start of the year that they had a magnificent draw and I doubt their draw will be as good next year.

Besides, the number of wins in the season gives you position but not the flag...Geelong rested players with niggling injuries in the run home and gained the reward of having almost afull list to choose from.

Not many teams have won the flag from top spot in the last 15 years.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

DYSON#2 wrote:what will happen to macguire :?:
I would take him. McGuire and Pears down back with Hooker, allowing Hurley to play upfront with Neagle and Gumbleton.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Rossoneri wrote:
I would take him. McGuire and Pears down back with Hooker, allowing Hurley to play upfront with Neagle and Gumbleton.
No point if he won't be on the field. We don't need another man made of matchsticks.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

Will be interesting to see. I'm guessing that we'll keep him. Had a solid year for Sandy without breaking into the seniors. The big question is his ability to keep up with the pace at elite level. His leg was busted very badly and reports from Saints fans who go to Sandy games are that he's a bit slower than he was. With Max retiring he'll probably be kept, but only if the coaching staff reckon he's got the grunt to keep up with the big boys. I fear that we may have seen his best and much like Nathan Brown, will never be the same player after a badly broken leg.