Notting is now essential

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Guys, wake up.

Notting isn't a tall defender, let alone a KP defender. He's in the same mold as NLM, McPhee and Cole - tall quickish players who can play on tall midfielders/medium defenders and peel off and attack.

So given we've got those three already, why would we want him?
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Any offers on Troy Makepeace? Was very surprised the Roos delisted him,A very good player down back IMO............ :evil:
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Tim Notting would be a great pick up as he can play anywhere!!!! Being only 27 he should have at least 4-5 years in him yet. Has come from a highly successful side so he will be drilled with what is needed and would add some great experience. And mind you, he is a good Wimmera boy, and the Wimmera boys always go well at Bomberland!!!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Is Notting actually available or are people just assuming that he will leave the Tigers...

Chad Jones was delisted by the Roos, he is also a tall KPP but i don't know a lot about him. James Ezard from the Power has also been delisted, he is a small forward but would still be handy for the club.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Is Notting actually available or are people just assuming that he will leave the Tigers...

Chad Jones was delisted by the Roos, he is also a tall KPP but i don't know a lot about him. James Ezard from the Power has also been delisted, he is a small forward but would still be handy for the club.
unhappy with brisbanes offer, threatened to walk out.

probably very similar to JJ's situation here.

I would say the lions will offer him the deal if they can. just had a baby with his partner(don't know if she would be too keen to move down to victoria).
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

From what I've heard, the issue isn't the money but the length.

Given who Brisbane have lost this year, is no-one else questioning why they're offering a 27yr old only a 1yr contract?
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

antcl wrote:From what I've heard, the issue isn't the money but the length.

Given who Brisbane have lost this year, is no-one else questioning why they're offering a 27yr old only a 1yr contract?
Does Dean Solomon sound familiar
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

with a full strength team we have a decent amount of good defenders : fletch, NLM, McPhee, McVeigh, Slatts. Then there is Lee and Bradley (who can only improve with age)

I dont think we are in too dire straights back there...
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Brumaz wrote:with a full strength team we have a decent amount of good defenders : fletch, NLM, McPhee, McVeigh, Slatts. Then there is Lee and Bradley (who can only improve with age)

well you could say with the worst defense in the league we hit rock bottom this year.....
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

tom9779 wrote:
Brumaz wrote:with a full strength team we have a decent amount of good defenders : fletch, NLM, McPhee, McVeigh, Slatts. Then there is Lee and Bradley (who can only improve with age)

well you could say with the worst defense in the league we hit rock bottom this year.....
As I've said many times before. Throw Lucus back there and you have a back 6 of

M Johnson, Fletcher, Mc Veigh
Mc Phee, Lucus, NLM

I think that is a pretty good back 6

With Bradley and Slattery rotating through and Lee and Lucy hopefully also given opportunities all going well we might see some improvement in our depth back there in coming seasons so I agree with Brumaz, the backline is not our priority, we have already planted the seeds through recent drafts and are now just waiting to bear the fruits of our labours.

Notting woudl be a waste of a PSD pick, our No 1 priority is midfielders and small forwards with precision delivery and decent pace. However having said that, I dont see any available so far.

If we cant fill our needs, we should draft a young one who slipped through the draft.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Dont need Notting. Need a CHB as priority #1, perhpas Lee or Lucy can fill this role or the club can draft Hansen. At this stage Essendon should be very sceptical of drafting anyone over 25 from other clubs.

The club needs to rebuild and is not likely to figure in premiership calculations in the next couple of seasons.