delistings....

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

delistings....

Post by tom9779 »

henno,reynolds, cartledge. a few rookies gone

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 32150.html

bolton,pevrill lucky IMO.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

One more to go yet if we plan on using our PSD pick.

If I was Bolton I wouldnt be getting settled in yet.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I was a little worried when i read that Sheeds thinks Henno is a player that can be re drafted... if we waste a pick on him i will scream! :shock:
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

cartledge?

I thought he might still get a go.

delisting him, does it make us more likely to take leuenberger in the national draft with pick 2?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Bugger me. Ben Jolley as well! Even though he lacked a bit of leg speed, I thought he was starting to show a bit...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jolley did really well towards the end of the year.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Whilst I liked the look of Jolley I don't think he is ever going to turn into a player that will make it into any starting 22 consistantly so sadley in what is not a cut throat buisness there is no room for him.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

good delistings, although i was a bit sad about Jolly, they said he might get back onto the rookie list though
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Cut throat business?? Are you serious? Surely that's a joke when Bolton gets another contract, Jolley and Cartledge both depart and the latter two showed one hell of a lot more that Bolton ever will (who incidentally was #4 pick :evil: )
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I have mixed opinions of Mark Bolton. I think he's a handy player, but that's all. He will never be a match winner and he will never be a key position player. What seems to be the problem is that everyone expects more out of him simply because he was pick #4 in the '97 draft. Well, that aint his f****** fault. He didn't walk around with a neon sign on his head saying "you must pick me at #4". The Essendon football club chose to ingnore other "star" recruits and chose him. So throw your rotten eggs at the recruiters responsible for missing out on the likes of Adam Goodes, Chad Cornes, Simon Black, Luke Power, Nick Stevens or Matthew Scarlett instead. That is very shitfull from the EFC. And to continue on poor decisions, they have re-signed him at the expense of a (yet to be known) player. Again, not Bolton's fault. The EFC have created the Mark Bolton bagging machine, pure and simple.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Apsalutely Spot on BD
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I agree that the recruit has been rubbish. Mark Bolton is a handy player at times, I also agree. Mark Bolton is not going to help Essendon Football Club win a premiership. He is not the future of the club, as evidence by the one year contract. He should have been delisted. Plain and simple.

Yes, I'll support him while he's a player for the club, but I'm not happy about it.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

IMO, Bolts deserves to stay. Sure, he is not the best player in the team, but he works his but off and has the right attitude...

Henno going is no real surprise for me. He did not play this year with the shoulder and in past seasons has not shown enough...I don't think it would help to cut both Bolts and Henno in the same season...

Also, last year we cut a number of trouble makers from the club and as such, I don't think they could have gone then...

For mine, Bolts will have to have a blinder of a season this time around in order to get another contract next year, but overall, I can understand why he is still on the list all things being equal...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Crazyman wrote:IMO, Bolts deserves to stay. Sure, he is not the best player in the team, but he works his but off and has the right attitude...
Doesn't matter, he isn't good enough to warrant a further year on the list. In a rebuilding phase, you have to cut the crap and give others a chance to see if they're any good.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Well it's official...... Austin Lucy has been delisted :?
I reckon this is pretty harsh going by some reports that said he was coming along well in the reserves.... He's 19 and only had one year on our list???.... very harsh....
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

Boyler_Room wrote:I agree that the recruit has been rubbish. Mark Bolton is a handy player at times, I also agree. Mark Bolton is not going to help Essendon Football Club win a premiership. He is not the future of the club, as evidence by the one year contract. He should have been delisted. Plain and simple.

Yes, I'll support him while he's a player for the club, but I'm not happy about it.
Lets face it, were not going to win a premersip in '07 so it hardly matters. I'm told he trains the house down. Perhaps he is there to show the young kids how its done, while also being a player who can fill a spot when the first picks go down.

In any event, he is now contracted until the end of '07, live with it!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

patoman wrote:Well it's official...... Austin Lucy has been delisted :?
I reckon this is pretty harsh going by some reports that said he was coming along well in the reserves.... He's 19 and only had one year on our list???.... very harsh....
A little surprising but i get the feeling that he has only been let go to make room on the list, he will probably be re drafted or rookied by the club.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
patoman wrote:Well it's official...... Austin Lucy has been delisted :?
A little surprising but i get the feeling that he has only been let go to make room on the list, he will probably be re drafted or rookied by the club.
Can he be rookied?

He wont be picked up in the PSD by us thats for sure. All reports were that he was a real defensive prospect. Does this further indicate that we will be targeting a defender, therefore Hanson in the draft no matter what Carlton does? I thought Lucy and Lee were going to be our next FB CHB combination.

Could be a surprise with Gibbs making it to 3rd pick.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Crazyman wrote:IMO, Bolts deserves to stay. Sure, he is not the best player in the team, but he works his but off and has the right attitude...

Henno going is no real surprise for me. He did not play this year with the shoulder and in past seasons has not shown enough...I don't think it would help to cut both Bolts and Henno in the same season...

Also, last year we cut a number of trouble makers from the club and as such, I don't think they could have gone then...

For mine, Bolts will have to have a blinder of a season this time around in order to get another contract next year, but overall, I can understand why he is still on the list all things being equal...
That looks to be the plan with Bolts. Shape up or ship out!!!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Crazyman wrote:For mine, Bolts will have to have a blinder of a season this time around in order to get another contract next year...
I would agree too, if it wasn't for the fact that people have been saying that about Bolton for the past 5 years!!!

He has never produced and yet he still gets kept on the list!!