PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB 2010

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Re: PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB 2010

Post by Western Red »

Thanks Grassy - I am also a Redleg mate and appreciate your updates!

Whats the deal if they get rid of Jars? We start all over again and there will be no success for another couple of years! Actually I have never had success with the Redlegs being only 37!!! But having grown up on Planet St it was hard not to support them!

Spoke to my brother who goes to all home games (usually the trouble maker in the PigPen) and he is just as disheartened that Jars couldn't get the job done and now we are back to square one. Any chance Rob Wiley might come back and lend a hand?

Cheers mate and keep up the good work! f*** the rest of em - they need to learn not to open the topic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Actually,I'd rather encourage 'em to read it.Especially the ones in PERTH.If ever thery get BORED on a Saturday Afternoon,come down to LATHLAIN for a good therapy session,on the P155.

Where in the Pen does your bro stand and is he the one who yells out "REDDDDDDDLEGGGGGGGGSSS" by any chance?I will most likely hear him from the SHARK PIT keeping ROCK and his SHARK Boys company next week.

I''d like to think the Failure goes deeper than JARS.Most folk are saying,in losing ZUCCA,JADDA,JONESY and a couple of others and the Club not replacing them is the Major cause for us going backwards.We do have a good bunch of young kids who can play.But without a SOLID CORE of expereinced players,they would be chasing tail.That was the greatest fear of our supporters and fair enough,it turens out to be justified.

But last week when they STILL Insisted on playing that STUPID f****** Style(?)of CHIP,CHIP,CHIP around the backline,EAST PERTH said thank-you very much and went BANG for 22.21 153.And worse,the boys were doing it to INSTRUCTION.JARS' by the sound of it.WHY FFS?Did they not see what the RESSIES did the very game before when they moved the ball forward,kicking long often to a good TALL target,who then dished off the Handpass and good ones to moving players and whadda you know,we scored 18.7 to win by 51 points,by playing a Long direct STYLE OF FOOTY,whilst DEFENCE did their job by keeping things tight.

Ever heard of RICK CURTIS?Not many bPERTH folk would now who he is if they don't go to the RESSIES,but despite the slow start,he's got them at 9 - 7(6th in a Tight Comp),playing good solid footy and possibly challeging for a Finals berth.He's been PAUL MAHER's assistant for a couple of years,I don't know what his credentials are,but by Jingoes,is he giving it a good crack?!

Got the Bye today,so I'm heading off to GIL FRASER OVAL to have a look at ARMADALE'S COLTS(3RD)HAVE A GOOD hIT OUT AGAINST wesley/curtin BEFORE THE fINALS START NEXT WEEK.Then MOSS ST for THE DERBY.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Actually,I'd rather encourage 'em to read it.Especially the ones in PERTH.If ever thery get BORED on a Saturday Afternoon,come down to LATHLAIN for a good therapy session,on the P155.

Where in the Pen does your bro stand and is he the one who yells out "REDDDDDDDLEGGGGGGGGSSS" by any chance?I will most likely hear him from the SHARK PIT keeping ROCK and his SHARK Boys company next week.Does he know any of the VIC PARK RAIDER boys like BERNIE and BILLY,the FAT POM,ROCKET? :D

I''d like to think the Failure goes deeper than JARS.Most folk are saying,in losing ZUCCA,JADDA,JONESY and a couple of others and the Club not replacing them is the Major cause for us going backwards.We do have a good bunch of young kids who can play.But without a SOLID CORE of expereinced players,they would be chasing tail.That was the greatest fear of our supporters and fair enough,it turns out to be justified.

But last week when they STILL Insisted on playing that STUPID f****** Style(?)of CHIP,CHIP,CHIP around the backline,EAST PERTH said thank-you very much and went BANG for 22.21 153.And worse,the boys were doing it to INSTRUCTION.JARS' by the sound of it.WHY FFS?Did they not see what the RESSIES did the very game before when they moved the ball forward,kicking long often to a good TALL target(SIMON HORNER - Navy Lad),who then dished off the Handpass and good ones to moving players and whadda you know,we scored 18.7 to win by 51 points,by playing a Long direct STYLE OF FOOTY,whilst DEFENCE did their job by keeping things tight.Whilst the odds were possibly EAST PERTH's way.GREAT EFFORT!

Ever heard of RICK CURTIS?Not many PERTH folk would Know who he is if they don't go to the RESSIES,but despite the slow start,he's got them at 9 - 7(6th in a Tight Comp),playing good solid footy and possibly challeging for a Finals berth.He's been PAUL MAHER's assistant for a couple of years,I don't know what his credentials are,but by Jingoes,is he giving it a good crack?!

Got the Bye today,so I'm heading off to GIL FRASER OVAL to have a look at ARMADALE'S COLTS(3RD)have a god hit out against WESLEY/CURTIN before the finals start next week I believe.Then MOSS ST for THE DERBY.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

ARMADALE DEES won easy(Too easy with some Complacency,selfishness creeping in some efforts)by 75 points 20 .12 132 - 7.15 57 .Glad I went there,because they lost both games on ELLENBROOK,with the Ressies losing their score of 7.5 after a HEAD COUNT.Tch,tch.

Saw THE DERBY Classic with OLD EASTS returning to The WINNERS LIST with a hard fought win over SOUTH in a Free scoring affair.

20.11 131 V 19.5 119.

STOP THE PRESSES.

ANDREW JARMAN has RESIGNED and will head back home with Family at the end of the season.

Is NEIL DANIHER interested in a Coaching job whilst in WA?Would TD do it?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Not surprised Andrew Jarman was a dud coach. He always came across as a complete and utter wanker.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It may have appeared that way that he couldn't coach.And he forgave me after I gave our Boys the same treatment last year as I gave ESSENDON here after a BAD LOSS - i.e.KISS THE FINALS GOODBYE YOU,.......get the idea.

But PERTH's History suggests,we've ruined more coaches more than they've ruined us.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Go ThE MiGhTy RoYaLs
I bleed black with a red sash
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Your CRUNCH Match will come this week against WEST PERTH this week at LEEDERVILLE.Possibly theirs as well.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Hey I was there to watch 100+ point flogging my year was made :P
I bleed black with a red sash
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I saw the bit about SUMA being a possibility.

Thank Christ I saw that the Night before.Too early to choke on WEETIES. :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Saw only the LEAGUE and wished I went to the KINGSLEY TAVERN for Drinks with Workmates. #-o

PAINFULL

64 point loss and lucky it wasn't more,with EAST FREO BLAZING Away for 16.21 .

Handpass from MOODY punched through for a RUSHED Behind,instead of taking a SET GIMME from 15 out,directly in front

SAID IT ALL :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

On a seperate note for you Red.

COLTS got done easy by 48 points and now face dropping out of the 4 if PEEL knock us off.

RESSIES won again with some Good footy and a 69 point Turnaround after Half-time.

Speaks Volumes about the way RICK CURTIS has got them playing with a NEVER SAY DIE Spirit and a MUCH BETTER FORWARD LINE STRUCTURE and MOVEMENT of the Ball.

Colts
EAST FREMANTLE 14.12 96 v Perth 7.6 48

Reserves
East Fremantle 11.9 75 v PERTH 16.14 110

3 Forwards in HORNER,FRY and McLEOD kicking 13 Majors.With great contributors in KADE LANG(obviously out of favour with Jarman)BERNIE SNEEUWACHT,CHRIS BILLINGS and a host of other players.

RICK's got 'em playing GOOD,CONSISTENT HARD FOOTBALL which is MOST PLEASING to the eye.He could get them to 13 - 7,but guess what?That could get us to 6th and Miss the Finals,I kid you not.The competition's that Tight and the Draw doesn't favour us.Could only happen to us of course,but that's a Fate RICK and his Team Does Not Deserve. :(
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

SACK JARS!

Honestly,whilst I believe most of today's side Contributed to our SOUL DESTROYING LOSS yesterday,I'm afraid ANDREW needs to PULL THE PIN NOW!

Why bother WASTING your Time,if they're gunna produce the SAME OLD Kick to KICK style with a VITAL Game Up for Grabs?

Just for the record -

Colts
Perth 8.11 59 v PEEL THUNDER 13.11 89

Reserves
PERTH 24.11 155 v Peel Thunder 9.5 59

League
Perth 13.18 96 v PEEL THUNDER 15.13 103
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

At BASSENDEAN this Saturday to watch us take on SWANS in the 2nd leg of the DOUBLE HEADER which sees WEST PERTH play CLAREMONT after the CARDIES took their BEEF with Venues West elsewhere for a day.

As a consequence,our RESSIES and COLTS will be at BOMBO VALLEY on Sunday where both seasons will be on the line to extend them into SEPTEMBER.Any SLIP UPS will be FATAL.

Hoping for at least 2 wins and Maybe our LEAGUE Might just change their style of play for just 1 day.Just MAYBE!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Proper Updates in the next few weeks when I'm on Holiday .

LEAGUE 2 Wins 18 LOSSES WOODEN SPOONERS (8th since 1981)

RESERVES 12 WINS 8 Losses 5th Lost last game against WP by 26 points

COLTS 10 Wins 10 Losses 5th Won last game by 99 points.ALL TOO LATE.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Red,a bit of Junior Imfo for yer,.........

Grand Final Results from the weekend.

13's - BELMONT BOMBERS d Vic Park Raiders by 15 points
14's - VIC PARK RAIDERS d Thornlie Lions by 6 points
15's - SOUTH PERTH STINGRAYS d Vic Park Raiders by 17 points
16's - LYNWOOD/FRERNDALE d Thornlie Lions by 21 points

All Grand Finals went down to the Final Quarter with the 14's going Right down to the Wire with the Raiders Full Back taking a Timely Mark in the Goalsquare ON the Final Siren.Phew!My mate Bernie's boy,little Ben forced a CRUCIAL Turnover to get the RAIDERS a Mini Break midway through the Final Stanza.Lots of good footy being played with some Potential CHAMPS coming through our Ranks in the LYNWOOD/FERNDALE Junior Football Club.

We did have a Combined 17's Comp with EAST PERTH which Bugs me a bit,but what bothered me even more was the EAST PERTH Clubs filling the 1st 4 spots.Something to keep an eye on.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Cheers Grassy - got some friends with kids in the Belmont 13's win!

Not a great year for the red and black otherwise - Railways went down to the Diorites in Kal on the weekend as well I believe!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I never asked CHRIS MAYNE if he had a Younger brother.Or JOEL FIEGERT.Or MICHAEL JOHNSON,DION WOODS?

Good on the BOMBERS there,but I would have been in the GOLD,BLACK and BLUE Camp for that.If I got out the door earlier. :roll:

Got WESTIES in the 2nd Semi of the 18's in the SANFL.Playing our BITTER ENEMY in Port in the 2nd Semi.Ressies out at the 1st Hurdle.

ANDREW KRAKOUER Won the SANDOVER with 44 Votes,followed by LUKE BLACKWELL on 36 and JASON SALECIC following his Runners - up spot last year on 32,3rd.Our best was AARON ELARI with 23 votes with TENDAI polling 20 votes and YOUNGY 17.That's a comined 60 votes of a Measley club total of 95. #-o