sheedy, international rules and our club....

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

sheedy, international rules and our club....

Post by tom9779 »

Is it good for our club to have our coach in Ireland at a time when we have to make some of the more important drafting decisions this club has faced in the past 6 years?

I mean I would prefer Sheeds was spending more time looking at/reviewing draft targets and having discussions with our recruiting team than coach Oz over in Ireland.

thoughts?

Anyone else prefer too see our coach back in Australia in this very important period pre draft day?

cheers

tom
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

He is away for 3 weeks. He was at the draft camp and that's where they would have interviewed players etc. He would have watched videos of all the players we are looking at.

I'm sure the recruiting department would have it all under control. We have pick 2 so that's pretty easy to work out who we will take.

I don't have a problem with him being in Ireland. With email, internet etc now he can pretty much keep up with going ons as they happen.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

BERT wrote:He is away for 3 weeks. He was at the draft camp and that's where they would have interviewed players etc. He would have watched videos of all the players we are looking at.

I'm sure the recruiting department would have it all under control. We have pick 2 so that's pretty easy to work out who we will take.

I don't have a problem with him being in Ireland. With email, internet etc now he can pretty much keep up with going ons as they happen.
Absolutely Bert.....and he is getting up close and personal with some of the best talent in the land so who knows where that leads to in the future. :wink:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Important point, Filthy. Not only has he done his homework on the draftees, but now he's getting his chance to do some homework on the top lads in the country already playing AFL.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

No problems. Any decisions that needed to be made in his absence would've already been made prior to him leaving (e.g., de-listing Lucy). And his absence wouldn't have any impact on the decision-making process regarding future list management decisions.

Just so long as he doesn't come back and try to implement some half-baked ideas or recruiting strategies he sees in Ireland, i have no issues with him doing the International Series coaching gig.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Got no problems with it at all. He knows what is going on here.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

the more time he spends with cambell brown the more likely he will end up at essendon.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

bowzer wrote:the more time he spends with cambell brown the more likely he will end up at essendon.
Would you like to see this Bowz????
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Maybe its an indicator that Sheedy isn't the main one having a say on who gets drafted.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Nah, no probs with Sheeds over in Ireland. three weeks away is nothing.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Got no problem with it as long as Essendon makes the 8 or thereabouts next year
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I would prefer Sheeds to be here to be honest.

The National Draft is cool, I'd say we've got that sussed out.

The PSD though, there would still be some prime cattle retained on club lists, but still unsigned.

I'd like it if Sheedy was here trying to woo one of those good unsigned players to Essendon given that now we can literally commit to a player with out anyone standing in our way.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lets be thankful....the less Sheeds has to do with it the more likely we will actually draft some talented players
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:Lets be thankful....the less Sheeds has to do with it the more likely we will actually draft some talented players
Dodoro will still be there ](*,)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!