Leon Davis

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Leon Davis

Post by Rossoneri »

One of the greatest injustices in this world will be if you ever got a premiership medal. In your 3 GF, you have contributed nothing, nothing at all. In fact today, you have 5 touches and one goal, and that is actually the best GF you have played. The team had to carry you, you will forever be remembered as a poor big-game player.

That said, hope he plays next week!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Leon Davis

Post by BenDoolan »

I reckon he'll be dropped. He is a spud.
Essendunny
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

They have to keep him in, so that we can tease him even more, and he also increases St Kilda's chances of winning
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Amen.

I assume Brian Taylor still thinks he's the best player in the league.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ironically, he saved their neck in the end with his one goal

but yeah, you could have put money on him turning in a dud game
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Only marginally eclipsed by that other great dud, Milne.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

rockhole wrote:Only marginally eclipsed by that other great dud, Milne.
A bit harsh on Milne i reckon.... he may have only kicked the one goal for the match but his chasing and pressure set up a couple of other Saint goals. Milne definately wasn't the worst player out there.... Davis has that title.

Leon won't play next weekend... Goldsack or Lockyer will take his spot.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The guy just can't hack it in GF's. The only big game I remember him playing well in was ANZAC day last year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:The guy just can't hack it in GF's. The only big game I remember him playing well in was ANZAC day last year.
He is a disgrace to the name Leon.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
A bit harsh on Milne i reckon.... he may have only kicked the one goal for the match but his chasing and pressure set up a couple of other Saint goals. Milne definately wasn't the worst player out there.... Davis has that title.

Kicked two, including one in the crunch final quarter didn't he?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Davis always bemuses me in big games and not because of his performance. The bloke plays his best football running through the middle, he is purely a confidence player and he needs 3 or 4 touches early so he is on. But where do Malthouse and co. insist on sticking him in big games? Down in the bloody FP. FFS put the guy on the ball like you did last season and he'll rip this GF apart.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

it's an improvement on his 2002 effort!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Yeah, perhaps. Milne has definitely contributed more than Leon. And didn't you just love the wagging finger after his one and only goal as if he had just slotted his sixth.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It's FACTUALLY Incorrect to say he hasn't won a Flag.

Won a COLTS Flag with PERTH,alongside the likes of CHANCE BATEMAN,DARREN GLASS,RYAN HARGRAVE and SCOTT STEVENS. Yes,he plays for COLLINGWOOD but FFS,get off the guy's Back will yer?

1st ABORIGINAL to play 200 games for them and he shares a Locker with the COLLIER boys,SYD COVENTRY and LOU RICHARDS.Not bad for a Guy many here like to Freely Bag! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Yeah guys Perth Colts, that gives him legend status #-o
I bleed black with a red sash
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

grassy1 wrote:It's FACTUALLY Incorrect to say he hasn't won a Flag.

Won a COLTS Flag with PERTH,alongside the likes of CHANCE BATEMAN,DARREN GLASS,RYAN HARGRAVE and SCOTT STEVENS. Yes,he plays for COLLINGWOOD but FFS,get off the guy's Back will yer?

1st ABORIGINAL to play 200 games for them and he shares a Locker with the COLLIER boys,SYD COVENTRY and LOU RICHARDS.Not bad for a Guy many here like to Freely Bag! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Laughable to try and hold him up as some kind of aboriginal icon....not fit to polish the shoes of a guy like Michael Long.
It's interesting that you mention the 200 game thing, raises a new question - is the the least effective player ever in multiple GFs with 200 games or more experience?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BomberinJapan wrote:
grassy1 wrote:It's FACTUALLY Incorrect to say he hasn't won a Flag.

Laughable to try and hold him up as some kind of aboriginal icon....not fit to polish the shoes of a guy like Michael Long.
It's interesting that you mention the 200 game thing, raises a new question - is the the least effective player ever in multiple GFs with 200 games or more experience?
You'd have to think so. But Van Der Haar did SFA in 83, 84, 85 & 90...
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

That's a good point about Vander now that I think about it. I've heard all the stories, but only ever seen him play in those GFs so never really understood how good he apparently was.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BomberinJapan wrote:That's a good point about Vander now that I think about it. I've heard all the stories, but only ever seen him play in those GFs so never really understood how good he apparently was.
Oh, make no mistake, he was a sensational player when on song. His marking was spectacular, he could play a number of roles (up forward or in defence) and was exceptionally skilled for a big man on both sides of his body. He was a beautiful long kick as well. If he didn't drink, smoke and party so hard he could have been an absolute legend of the game. But then again, maybe he was as good as he was because he did those things.... :-k

He played some great finals, but never a good GF.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH3F4iu-DOU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH3F4iu-DOU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

On One Week at a Time they have just shown Leon Davis' stats and he has had 10 kicks total in his 3 GF's! :lol: :lol: :lol: