Ben Hart a bomber?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Ben Hart a bomber?

Post by paddyl90 »

Channel 10 reporting Essendon has shown interest. I am not confirming that but that's what is reported. Wont get more than a year out of him. Two if lucky. I say no.

Whats your thoughts.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

A great player in his day but his ady has been and gone. He's missed a fair bit of footy in the lasy few years due to injury so he's not a good prospect (imho)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

I reckon no. Like you say Essendon would be lucky to get 2 years out of him. I would rather them redraft Lucy.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Picking up Hart wouldn't be the worst idea. At the least, he's a solid player with moral fibre (unlike some of the other reprobates we've picked up like Zantuck) who could replace the hole left by Solomon.

But then again, if you told me that having Hart in the team would deny a bloke like Jay Nash or Andrew Lee at least getting 6-8 games to prove themselves, i'd be against the idea of getting him.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Club has denied interest in the Age this morning.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rather take Henno back.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Crowny wrote:I would rather them redraft Lucy.
Me too.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Hmmm not a bad option but i would definately consider others first before drafting him. :?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hart soldiers on
18 November 2006 Herald-Sun

DELISTED Crow Ben Hart has nominated for the AFL drafts after Port Adelaide showed little interest in the 311-game defender.

Hart, 32, said three or four clubs had expressed minor interest in him with Essendon and Geelong believed to be among them.

If Hart is overlooked in next Saturday's national draft he will be eligible for the pre-season draft on December 12.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I have been an advocate of picking up Hart in the PSD. He is a hugely experienced and sensible footballer. He has a body shape that can play effectively for 1-2 more years.

Our backline needs a guy with his experience to help guys like McPhee, Lee, Bradley and NLM develop a better tactical game

Definitely worth a look
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:I have been an advocate of picking up Hart in the PSD. He is a hugely experienced and sensible footballer. He has a body shape that can play effectively for 1-2 more years.

Our backline needs a guy with his experience to help guys like McPhee, Lee, Bradley and NLM develop a better tactical game

Definitely worth a look
Hart would be great as a quick fix, but we are re-building and maybe going for a younger player is a better option.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

The club has said we have no interest in him what so ever.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

No no no. Bad move.

But then, I said that about Campo and Heff last year and did anyone listen to me? :P
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

nothing more than a flanker these days, got plenty of them who will provide the team with more in both the short and long term.
bomber_girl
High Draft Pick

Post by bomber_girl »

Speculation that Essendon was interested in taking the veteran in the pre-season draft was scotched by the club last night, saying it had no interest in the defender.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bomber_girl wrote:
Speculation that Essendon was interested in taking the veteran in the pre-season draft was scotched by the club last night, saying it had no interest in the defender.
Thats just a ploy by the club to push him further down the pecking order
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We can't just go an replace Rioli with a player who will get injury after injury.