Sheeds will consider Aker

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Good to hear Loz, hopefully he will be a don next year!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Aker for PIck 20 would be a splendid result. For God sake, Sydney gave up Pick 20 for Teddy Richards!!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

saw acker tonight standing a the bar behind where i was sitting i was in my bmbers guernsey i wanted to go up to him and shake his hand and say welcome haha
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Why didnt you Jazz!? He would have loved it!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

lol i know but i wasn't allowed in the section he was it, would have been fantastic though
Kakadu Kangaroos
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Should yelled out to him then :P

"HEY AKER!!"
"Yeah what?"
"COME TO ESSENDON!!"
"Alright"
"GOOD STUFF"
"I ate a whole red candle"

:roll:
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Thats awesome jazz, would have been great :P

You see many brissie players around up there?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gossy wrote:Thats awesome jazz, would have been great :P

You see many brissie players around up there?
na i bumped in Voss and Brown at Rugby state of origin 2 years back but thats about it
Kakadu Kangaroos
marlo
Top Up Player

Post by marlo »

I guess Aka will be looking at Real Estate around Windy Hill.
After all, he can't play for the Bombers without getting into the culture of how Essendon fans are serious about their team.

The culture around Moonee Valley City is like no other atmosphere in the AFL.and unless Jason gets the true feel for this city he won't be baptised. Jason will definately need to do some pre-season training in studying the territory.
It's no earthly good him living in another part of town and expecting to be accepted. It's just the way it goes,as many bomber fans expect loyalty to their city, as well as Windy Hill.

Firstly Jason,acknowledge the supporter base at Essendon, and frequent the businesses within the city, also look at all the players from yesteryear from bomberland, they were humble, upstanding, and rarely would there be any scandal attached to an Essendon player.
AKA, you being a family man, would fit in well at bomberland, so please don't even consider going to another club, we have a jumper waiting for you. :)
Last edited by marlo on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janus0111
Top Up Player

Post by janus0111 »

While i like the idea of aker adding some class to our delivery into the forward line i agree that we should be tough on the trade. With him still contracted to brisbane next year on what is believed to be a big wage brisbane might be inclined to take less at the draft table to clear more cap space. soloman appears to be a suitable replacement for them with the retirement of b scott, solly could give back the agro they lose.
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

Brisbane are in serious cap trouble. If Voss dosent play next year they have to pay him $950k regardless due to his backended contract. If he does play you would expect that figure to push up towards 1.2 mil. Even with the vet list thats 475-600k gone Aker is also on a backended contract with the last year worth 400k. Without a trade they could speld 1 million on two players.

I can't see the doggies being able to spend the money that they will need to pay in the first year (or the second) to pay Acker. Collingwood definately wont be able to afford him without some big trades. Brisbane will offload him to the biggest deal with low cap implicationsm, which will mean either the highest draft pick or a draft pick and cheap player. They wont be interested in trading for an expensive player because that just pushes up their cap.

I can't see anyone being willing to trade second round picks in a big draft for Acker so they might just have to settle for pick 36 or 36 and 52 or 36 and a player. Who knows?
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Jeez, Beery, can you feel my tears of pain for the Bears through cyberspace? I am so upset about their predicament. :cry: