selwood....judd all over again??

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

selwood....judd all over again??

Post by tom9779 »

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 8207.html

obviously his brother is going to give him a big wrap......is he another like judd(great talent, some skeptical about his injury....)

I haven't watched much of the selwood lads in brisbane or west coast...

would we be considering him at number 2?[/url]
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

cant be ruled out, will be considered. But we have other positions on the Ground to cover first.
25% chance
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Midfielders are great to have but I doubt we'll use number 2 on Selwood. If Gibbs is still available, we will probably take him but if not then it would have to be one of the big three - Hansen, Gumby or Loony
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

YES YES YES TAKE f****** SELWOOD. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ESSENDON PICK THIS KID HE IS A GUN
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Boncer: is Selwood paying you more as his publicist than Henneman was :wink: :lol: ??
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Boncer: is Selwood paying you more as his publicist than Henneman was :wink: :lol: ??
I've played against this guy. Not for about 3 years now mind you but I've never been in more awe of a guy that I'm playing against. The kid has the talent, believe me I've experienced first hand just how easily Joel Selwood can tear you apart. Dam bastard got me dragged for the first time all season. I realise there is a big difference in playing in juniors and playing AFL but I guarantee you this guy will be a star.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

boncer34 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Boncer: is Selwood paying you more as his publicist than Henneman was :wink: :lol: ??
I've played against this guy. Not for about 3 years now mind you but I've never been in more awe of a guy that I'm playing against. The kid has the talent, believe me I've experienced first hand just how easily Joel Selwood can tear you apart. Dam bastard got me dragged for the first time all season. I realise there is a big difference in playing in juniors and playing AFL but I guarantee you this guy will be a star.
I don't doubt it. All the top 5 draftees will be excellent by the sounds of things.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
I don't doubt it. All the top 5 draftees will be excellent by the sounds of things.
I'm sure they will to. Knowing and playing against the bloke may make me slightly biased.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

How did he pull up after his knee injury?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

boncer34 wrote:
Maybe you're shit? :wink:
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
I remember some guy saying the same thing about James Davies! How Davies racked up 40 possessions in a school game and how everyone was in awe of his talent......ooops
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Selwoods an intersting one. Some people compare him to Luke Ball or Shane Crawford.

And others say that he isn't pure inside or outside, but more of a really canny link man. They also question his speed and disposal.

I don't think Essendon should select him, because very few have him rated as being the #2 best player (even ignoring the knee). Plus since we have such KP needs, it just wouldn't add up to me. But I'm going to be interested how Selwood develops.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
That could be it to.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
I remember some guy saying the same thing about James Davies! How Davies racked up 40 possessions in a school game and how everyone was in awe of his talent......ooops
Difference being that Davies hid away in the private school system and didn't play in the highest comp at underage level.

Selwood on the other hand tore in that comp as a 16 year old, was an All-Australian, the captain of AA team in fact and would've gone as the number 1 draft pick last year if he was a few months older.

Knee injury stopped him from doing exactly the same this year, but once he's got that right he should be fine again.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Id prefer them to pick Selwood as well. We need a quality long term midfielder.

People say we have problems in the backline, and that's true. But we have more problems in the midfield.

Ask yourself this. Consider our starting 3 midfielders (which in my mind, would probably be Stanton, JJohnson and Watson).

Now ask yourself, how many of those three players would get a game in the starting midfield of any other club in the comp?? Im a fan of all of them, don't get me wrong, they're not bad players, but I couldnt think of many clubs who would slot any of them into their starting three.

Sheeds is obsessed with big men. That's why we have tons of them on the list. But this time f**ks sake, please take a midfielder with Pick 2. We desperately need a good one.