Congratulations E.F.C

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
DYSON#2

Congratulations E.F.C

Post by DYSON#2 »

2. Scott Gumbelton (Peel)
18. Leroy Jetta (Sth Fremantle)
20. Tom Hislop (Tassie)
36. Alwyn Davey (South Adelaide)
42. Bachar Houli (Western U18)
47. Kyle Reimers (Peel)

=D> Well done Sheedy & Co.... Its about time we used our draft picks properly. I am sure i am speaking on behalf of the board in saying we are delighted with our results. We were the best at the draft in 06. Bring on 07
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Yeah well done great pick ups =D>
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Gumby, Jetta, Hislop, Houli should all be 100+ game players.

Davey, well see what happens. Reimers a project player who will need a few years to build up a body.

We clearly had the best draft of all teams. Can't wait to see them hit the training track.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Tall skinnys and a few midgets, whats not to like.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

This is the icing on yesterdays cake. Bring on the footy
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Happy so far, time will tell how they turn out, but have started next year well with the pick ups.

Rapt to get Jetta so low and Bouchi (spelling)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Same was said about Bolton and McAllister.

Let's wait a couple of years first, but yes on reputations we've done well.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lot of interstate boys in this group!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

rama_fan wrote:Same was said about Bolton and McAllister.

A lot has changed since we picked up Bolton. Junior competitions have improved, and recruitment has become more professional IMO. It is unlikely that a top 5 pick will be a dud these days. Our drafting has improved, and I think we can be confident that we drafted as well as we could have. Davies may be the exception, but the rest were excellent choices.

Mcalister was never anything special, just a moronic pick by Sheedy.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I know, but as always the proof's in the pudding.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Windy_Hill wrote:Lot of interstate boys in this group!
Given his obvious enthusiasm in being taken by the Bombers, Gumbelton will forget where Perth is, if handled correctly.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Thought they might have taken Hansen instead of Gumbleton but Gumbleton sounds good. Good to see that they went for a few players with pace. Time will tell how they turn out but looks promising.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Why did we pass on pick 68? Was it because we are going to take Mal in the PSD? Do we have any more room for additional players in the PSD?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

2QIK4U wrote:Why did we pass on pick 68? Was it because we are going to take Mal in the PSD? Do we have any more room for additional players in the PSD?
Nope. We passed so we could pick up Mal.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It all looks pretty good.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

You've gotta been rapt with that. A potential gun CHB, and potential gun midfielders. Little surprised they didn't go with Hansen, but Gumby fits the mould also. Just note the word "potential", that's all it is at this stage guys.

Just browsing through Carlscum's forum, there are quite a few green eyed wankers who really, really hate our guts. So take pride fellow Bomber fans, we have really shitted off the pansies at princess park. They are annoyed that their own recruiters picked Grigg ahead of Leroy Jetta. Thanks dickheads! And boy are they ever pissed off with the way we got Mal Michael. Any blues fans browsing through here? Well here you go
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:You've gotta been rapt with that. A potential gun CHB, and potential gun midfielders. Little surprised they didn't go with Hansen, but Gumby fits the mould also. Just note the word "potential", that's all it is at this stage guys.

Just browsing through Carlscum's forum, there are quite a few green eyed wankers who really, really hate our guts. So take pride fellow Bomber fans, we have really shitted off the pansies at princess park. They are annoyed that their own recruiters picked Grigg ahead of Leroy Jetta. Thanks dickheads! And boy are they ever pissed off with the way we got Mal Michael. Any blues fans browsing through here? Well here you go
Can you increase the size of the picture about 100-fold? That would be more appropriate :lol:. And i don't see how the Blues can be so annoyed about any club that is actually making a profit and thus propping the financial basketcase of an excuse they call a club :wink:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

rama_fan wrote:Same was said about Bolton and McAllister.

Correct, though Gumby has very BIG wraps.........
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

i am happy
i know they have to prove themselves at AFL level first but the way things work these days; the top 4 picks we had should be 100+ game players.

Davey is an interesting prospect, but hopefully a successful one, lets hope sheeds has pulled of another miracle
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Looks like our best effort ever at the draft table at this early stage, although I thought we would have grabbed Hansen over Gumbleton. Time will tell who was the better option. In all honesty, I don't know too much about Gumbleton, but if he's playing senior WAFL footy, then that's an excellent start. I was under the impression that Gumbleton was more of a CHF than CHB, but that's just what I've heard rather than what I've seen.

When I saw we'd picked up Jetta I nearly fell off my chair... and then Bachar Houli so deep after the wraps he was getting.

I'm looking forward to next year. My only query is where Hislop will fit into an already stacked forward line.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant