Bombertalk Footy Quiz

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Bombertalk Footy Quiz

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Could it be Derek Kickett?
Shit yeah! Was the last clue the give away?
I knew he started his career late and I couldn't think of many players who in their 2nd year and with their 2nd club played in a GF.

Wouldn't have any idea about the last clue, I haven't seen the 1990 GF and don't really intend to watch it...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Round 10 1996. The lights go out at Waverley and the match against St.Kilda is completed on the Tuesday night. The AFL allowed clubs to make changes to their original sides, who were the inclusions and who was dropped for Essendon?

There were 5 changes.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Wouldn't have any idea about the last clue, I haven't seen the 1990 GF and don't really intend to watch it...
Absolute f****** disaster. I was sucked in by the start of the game. We kicked the first two goals (both to Salmon) and I thought we were in for a good day. We only kicked another 3 goals for the match :evil:
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Round 10 1996. The lights go out at Waverley and the match against St.Kilda is completed on the Tuesday night. The AFL allowed clubs to make changes to their original sides, who were the inclusions and who was dropped for Essendon?

There were 5 changes.
Well, I was there and it was an amazing 'experience'.
No players were "dropped", they were either "rested" or injured.

I know James Hird came in along with Justin Blumfield (for his first game). I know I (Ben Doolan) missed Part II along with Bomber Thompson.

I had to look up the rest. Chris Daniher, Scott Cummings and Che Cockatoo-Collins also went out, and Steve Alessio, Danny Morgan (now there's a household name) and David Calthorpe also came in.

I didn't go back for Part II - I chose to listen to the rest of the game on 3AW. I laughed out loud when Rex and the gang gave James Hird a vote even though he only played the remaining 35 minutes of the match! Some bloke went ballistic in the crowd outside their commetary box and banged on their window screaming abuse because Nathan Burke didn't get any. Rex got up, opened the door and yelled abuse back. Funny shit!
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Round 10 1996. The lights go out at Waverley and the match against St.Kilda is completed on the Tuesday night. The AFL allowed clubs to make changes to their original sides, who were the inclusions and who was dropped for Essendon?

There were 5 changes.
Well, I was there and it was an amazing 'experience'.
No players were "dropped", they were either "rested" or injured.

I know James Hird came in along with Justin Blumfield (for his first game). I know I (Ben Doolan) missed Part II along with Bomber Thompson.

I had to look up the rest. Chris Daniher, Scott Cummings and Che Cockatoo-Collins also went out, and Steve Alessio, Danny Morgan (now there's a household name) and David Calthorpe also came in.

I didn't go back for Part II - I chose to listen to the rest of the game on 3AW. I laughed out loud when Rex and the gang gave James Hird a vote even though he only played the remaining 35 minutes of the match! Some bloke went ballistic in the crowd outside their commetary box and banged on their window screaming abuse because Nathan Burke didn't get any. Rex got up, opened the door and yelled abuse back. Funny shit!
Yes.

Rexy was awesome when at 3AW. Loved it when he cracked it at the fans!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Who am I?

:arrow: I was recruited from Tasmania in the 1970's

:arrow: I was an exceptionally speedy wingman

:arrow: My career was cut down by serious health problems

:arrow: After emergency surgery, I attempted a comeback but was unable to break back into the senior team

:arrow: I am a cousin of a famous former test cricketer
Essendunny
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Ian Marsh?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

GoalSneak wrote:Ian Marsh?
Spot on!
Essendunny
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Name the five Essendon stars who went on strike over pay at the beginning of the 1970 season.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

GoalSneak wrote:Name the five Essendon stars who went on strike over pay at the beginning of the 1970 season.
This is just off the top of my head.....

Geoff Gosper, Don McKenzie, Barry Davis and Geoff Pryor.

Just can't get the 5th name yet :-k
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Daryl Gerlach
Essendunny
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Correct.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Who am I?

:arrow: I played at 3 different clubs in my 80 game career

:arrow: I debuted in the VFL/AFL at the age of 24

:arrow: I was a very speedy player who loved to kick a goal

:arrow: I had a chance to draw a game against Essendon at Windy Hill after the siren, but the crowd was allowed to interfere with my attempt

:arrow: I passed away at a very young age - 43
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Steven Clarke in 1991
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:Steven Clarke in 1991
Correct - althought it's Clark without the 'e'
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

In the 93 grand final who knocked the ball to denham who in turn gave it to long for 'that' goal.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:In the 93 grand final who knocked the ball to denham who in turn gave it to long for 'that' goal.
Bit of a trick question that one I think. It was a pack situation in a marking contest. I believe Andrew McKay actually spoiled Harry Madden's attempt to mark the ball....
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:In the 93 grand final who knocked the ball to denham who in turn gave it to long for 'that' goal.
Bit of a trick question that one I think. It was a pack situation in a marking contest. I believe Andrew McKay actually spoiled Harry Madden's attempt to mark the ball....
Im gonna say no because it's not how I remember lol. Im going by the commentary
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Well then, how would you describe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTgiW77c-WY

The commentary doesn't actually describe how the ball gets into Denham's hands. Sandy Roberts just says "Williams waits at the back.....but it's to his opposite number, Denham". Williams didn't touch the ball.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Well then, how would you describe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTgiW77c-WY

The commentary doesn't actually describe how the ball gets into Denham's hands. Sandy Roberts just says "Williams waits at the back.....but it's to his opposite number, Denham". Williams didn't touch the ball.
Think he's got your there Bonce.