7 WAFL Clubs SeriouslyConsider Boycotting AFL Host Clubs

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

7 WAFL Clubs SeriouslyConsider Boycotting AFL Host Clubs

Post by grassy1 »

Just got a Call from a fellow WAFL Supporter that saw the report on 9 tonight,that the threat from the 7 WAFL Clubs(CLAREMONT,EAST FREMANTLE,PERTH,SOUTH FREMANTLE,SUBIACO,SWAN DISTRICTS and WEST PERTH)to Boycott Premiership matches for 4 points against the AFL aligned Host Clubs(EASTPERTH and PEEL) is VERY REAL.

To be Honest,I'm not sure how far we'll get with this if the WA Football Commission come out swinging and threaten the suggested fine of 25 Grand a Forfeit.I'll keep Tabs on this On OzFooty.net and see where a move like this is headed,but watch this space,.....
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: 7 WAFL Clubs SeriouslyConsider Boycotting AFL Host Clubs

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote:Just got a Call from a fellow WAFL Supporter that saw the report on 9 tonight,that the threat from the 7 WAFL Clubs(CLAREMONT,EAST FREMANTLE,PERTH,SOUTH FREMANTLE,SUBIACO,SWAN DISTRICTS and WEST PERTH)to Boycott Premiership matches for 4 points against the AFL aligned Host Clubs(EASTPERTH and PEEL) is VERY REAL.

To be Honest,I'm not sure how far we'll get with this if the WA Football Commission come out swinging and threaten the suggested fine of 25 Grand a Forfeit.I'll keep Tabs on this On OzFooty.net and see where a move like this is headed,but watch this space,.....
What are they whinging about? It's not like other codes haven't got the same issues FFS. Are they the classic whiners over there in WA?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well Yes,but you usually find they come from WEST COAST EAGLES,used to Jumping up and down until they get their own way.

Proof of that was JOHN WORSFOLD's OUTBURST at WA's usually Moronoic Sports Journos when he Did his lolly and DISGRACEFULLY called them "f****** spastics!"In WA at least,if anyone else did that,their ARSE would be GRASS!They'd be FINISHED in their then Occupation.But not KING WOOSHA!He has the run of the town,as does his club.Ever seen the WA Media seriously TACKLE West Coast on any issue,including the days when COUSINS and Co ran Amok?

But there's more at stake than that right now.And that's how far this PISS WEAK FOOTBALL COMMISSION of our's is prepared to Stand up to the AFL(which they aren't),the AFL Clubs in their efforts to RUN down a 128 year old competition.That's the REAL NUB of all this and whilst we all agreed on the needs of the AFL Clubs to field RESERVES TEAMS,it certainly wasn't within the WAFL Competition,but a revamped AFL Reserves competition,which they know FULL WELL they could afford,after BOASTING to all and sundry about how they were both rolling in it at the end of 2011.That is,until EAST PERTH and PEEL turned TURTLE and grabbed the SHORT TERM GRAB for CASH!

Now with the HOST CLUB SCAM back,these 2 have all but SMASHED the SALARY and POINTS CAP whilst the COMMISSION make up the rules as they go along.It's already a Nightmare situation,with WEST COAST RUBBING Our Noses In it,by Moving in On FOUNDATION DAY(1st Monday in June)and saying it adds to the day,whilst ARROGANTLY telling us that people can go to both(WAFL and AFL - WCE v RICHMOND) if they wanted.They know that won't happen,with the once or twice a year attendees disappearing to nowhere or retiring to their Loungerooms or nearest sports Bar.That PUNCHES a mighty Big Hole on the takings of the Home teams that day.

They could quite easily move the game 1 day forward,knowing the break between Monday and their next game is only 5 Days.Usually they Screech like STUCK PIGS if that happens,but are strangely quiet on this one.For the time being though,I'm afraid we're going Nowhere with this,unless the 7 Clubs remaining go to the VICTORIAN Press.Now I know a lot of you will laugh when I suggest we go to PATRICK SMITH and CAROLINE WILSON,but if you knew Our Press,there's NO COMPARISON!Our FOOTBALL MEDIA is BLOODY HOPELESS with any dissenters(BOB MAUMILL and BRAD HARDIE,just observing or Out of the way)or others like DENNIS COMMETTI and GERARD NEESHAM most likely told by CHANNEL EAGLE and the WA FOOTBALL COMMISSION to SHUT UP!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:Well Yes,but you usually find they come from WEST COAST EAGLES,used to Jumping up and down until they get their own way.

Proof of that was JOHN WORSFOLD's OUTBURST at WA's usually Moronoic Sports Journos when he Did his lolly and DISGRACEFULLY called them "f****** spastics!"In WA at least,if anyone else did that,their ARSE would be GRASS!They'd be FINISHED in their then Occupation.But not KING WOOSHA!He has the run of the town,as does his club.Ever seen the WA Media seriously TACKLE West Coast on any issue,including the days when COUSINS and Co ran Amok?

But there's more at stake than that right now.And that's how far this PISS WEAK FOOTBALL COMMISSION of our's is prepared to Stand up to the AFL(which they aren't),the AFL Clubs in their efforts to RUN down a 128 year old competition.That's the REAL NUB of all this and whilst we all agreed on the needs of the AFL Clubs to field RESERVES TEAMS,it certainly wasn't within the WAFL Competition,but a revamped AFL Reserves competition,which they know FULL WELL they could afford,after BOASTING to all and sundry about how they were both rolling in it at the end of 2011.That is,until EAST PERTH and PEEL turned TURTLE and grabbed the SHORT TERM GRAB for CASH!

Now with the HOST CLUB SCAM back,these 2 have all but SMASHED the SALARY and POINTS CAP whilst the COMMISSION make up the rules as they go along.It's already a Nightmare situation,with WEST COAST RUBBING Our Noses In it,by Moving in On FOUNDATION DAY(1st Monday in June)and saying it adds to the day,whilst ARROGANTLY telling us that people can go to both(WAFL and AFL - WCE v RICHMOND) if they wanted.They know that won't happen,with the once or twice a year attendees disappearing to nowhere or retiring to their Loungerooms or nearest sports Bar.That PUNCHES a mighty Big Hole on the takings of the Home teams that day.

They could quite easily move the game 1 day forward,knowing the break between Monday and their next game is only 5 Days.Usually they Screech like STUCK PIGS if that happens,but are strangely quiet on this one.For the time being though,I'm afraid we're going Nowhere with this,unless the 7 Clubs remaining go to the VICTORIAN Press.Now I know a lot of you will laugh when I suggest we go to PATRICK SMITH and CAROLINE WILSON,but if you knew Our Press,there's NO COMPARISON!Our FOOTBALL MEDIA is BLOODY HOPELESS with any dissenters(BOB MAUMILL and BRAD HARDIE,just observing or Out of the way)or others like DENNIS COMMETTI and GERARD NEESHAM most likely told by CHANNEL EAGLE and the WA FOOTBALL COMMISSION to SHUT UP!
Wow, I'm all fired up after reading that! Someone needs to stick up for the local comp. Good onya Grassy, I hope there are many more behind you who can put the bullies back in their place :evil:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Thanks mate.I really think more people WINDY HILL way(and TULLAMARINE in future)need to know the kind of SHIT WEST COAST get up to and now with some COSY BED PARTNERS in FREMANTLE just Tiptoeing behind them,still learning the ropes........on the AFL's behalf!They'd NEVER ADMIT of course,alongside the SPINELESS WA FOOTBALL COMMISSION! :evil:

Ask yourselves if Every VICTORIAN based AFL Club will get an AFL Backed Youth ACADEMY?That's fine with the new clubs(GC and WS) still finding their feet,but WEST COAST and FREMANTLE?Like they need them.Will you get one?Or the other 8 clubs?Don't hold your breath.Might be on the Aggenda with the SA Based AFL Clubs,but they'd have to get past JOHN OLSEN at the SA FOOTBALL COMMISION 1st.Now there's a man who thinks Australian rULES Football is more than the 2 Big Boys in town and is more than Prepared to Stand up for what is right.

I think it's time for your's truly to Declare that I am on the SAVE THE WAFL COMMITTEE.If you remember my real name,I think you can join the dots on who it is.Thing is,I'm a bit too depressed to know how far we can take this,unless we take our Cause EAST.That way,there are Journos your way who Can PULL THE PANTS DOWN of WA FOOTBALL'S AXIS OF EVIL(WAFC,WEST COAST and FREMANTLE + the AFL) and EXPOSE THESE SELFISH,BACKSTABBING BASTARDS for what they really are. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1ST CLASS,SELF SERVING,BULLSHIT AGGENDA SETTING PRICKS!!!!!
AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:Thanks mate.I really think more people WINDY HILL way(and TULLAMARINE in future)need to know the kind of SHIT WEST COAST get up to and now with some COSY BED PARTNERS in FREMANTLE just Tiptoeing behind them,still learning the ropes........on the AFL's behalf!They'd NEVER ADMIT of course,alongside the SPINELESS WA FOOTBALL COMMISSION! :evil:

Ask yourselves if Every VICTORIAN based AFL Club will get an AFL Backed Youth ACADEMY?That's fine with the new clubs(GC and WS) still finding their feet,but WEST COAST and FREMANTLE?Like they need them.Will you get one?Or the other 8 clubs?Don't hold your breath.Might be on the Aggenda with the SA Based AFL Clubs,but they'd have to get past JOHN OLSEN at the SA FOOTBALL COMMISION 1st.Now there's a man who thinks Australian rULES Football is more than the 2 Big Boys in town and is more than Prepared to Stand up for what is right.

I think it's time for your's truly to Declare that I am on the SAVE THE WAFL COMMITTEE.If you remember my real name,I think you can join the dots on who it is.Thing is,I'm a bit too depressed to know how far we can take this,unless we take our Cause EAST.That way,there are Journos your way who Can PULL THE PANTS DOWN of WA FOOTBALL'S AXIS OF EVIL(WAFC,WEST COAST and FREMANTLE + the AFL) and EXPOSE THESE SELFISH,BACKSTABBING BASTARDS for what they really are. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1ST CLASS,SELF SERVING,BULLSHIT AGGENDA SETTING PRICKS!!!!!
AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!
=D> =D> =D>

Maybe get some ideas / assistance from your counterpart (Olsen) in SA :wink:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I have passed that idea on to my Cohort to pass that on to the WAFL Council of PRESIDENTS.Don't know far I'll get with that.

I'm surprised the WAFC,FREMANTLE and WEST COAST haven't moved to get me REMOVED from my position(Match Day)given the Grief I've given them all these years On FOOTYGOSS!
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Was always about the money Grassy

The WAFL's self-titled G7 clubs will get access to an extra $120,000 a year as part of a fresh financial package related to the East Perth and Peel alignments with West Coast and Fremantle respectively from 2014.

And there will be a long-term push to "naturalise" the East Perth and Peel lists over time so that, other than AFL-listed players, they will eventually contain no out-of-zone players unless they become uncompetitive.

These were the key concessions won by the seven unaligned clubs over the past two weeks at a series of meetings.

Yesterday, after East Perth and Peel were briefed on the rule modifications in the morning, the seven unaligned clubs unanimously agreed to accept the revised conditions in the afternoon, removing the threat that clubs would boycott practice games against the Royals and Thunder.

The original financial package offered to the WAFL clubs as part of Peel's and East Perth's alignments allowed for an increase of $70,000 in the cash component of their annual management grant from the WAFC, with $20,000 to go on each club's balance sheet annually, $10,000 per club to go towards investigating cost savings and shared services and $50,000 per club to go into a competition development fund.

The revised financial package will still see clubs receive the equivalent of a $150,000 financial package but it will include an extra $120,000 cash in management grants to go with the other elements.

Peel and East Perth will be able to retain out-of-zone players on their lists as of June 30 this year, and will be able to follow through on recruiting players they have formally approached already provided transfers can be finalised through normal WAFL channels, enabling Peel to continue to pursue Cruize Garlett.

But they will not be able to approach any more out-of-zone players and the aim will be to eventually have teams which consist entirely of local and AFL-listed players.

If uncompetitive, they could apply to the WAFC's football affairs committee to recruit out-of-zone players at the end of a season.

WAFC chairman Frank Cooper and G7 spokesman Haydn Raitt hailed the agreement last night and called for everybody to get on with the business of playing and promoting the 2013 WAFL season.

"The players they (East Perth and Peel) have got now will play with them. There is no migration of those players at this stage," Raitt said.

"What we are concerned about is if that they do start off too strong and end up one and two in the first year, we will have members and sponsors thinking it is a contrived competition and not having a bar of it.

"We are happy and it is now important that we push forward and make sure that our sponsors get behind the WAFL now and our members join up."

Cooper labelled the outcome a "reasonable starting point" that would be under regular review.
"We are happy and it is now important that we push forward.""G7 spokesman *Haydn Raitt *

Majority of members already feel it's become a contrived competition.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It was once it was CLEAR the COMMISSION,WEST COAST and FREMANTLE were going to ENTRENCH themselves in our Competition Stocksy.How long?Forever if a Press release was to be believed,which to my way of thinking was them AGAIN Rubbing our Noses in it.

Just Hope RAITT and Company know what they're doing,because I don't think 150 GRAND is anywhere near enough to cover Lost Membership,Lost Sponsorship and an even Further Drop off in the Average Jo/es who go once or twice a year.As for Promotion of the Comp by the Commission and Commercial TV Coverage?Don't hold your breath mate.

I think I've said it before,but at the moment,I'm not sure how far we can take our Meetings on Saving the WAFL,as I'm a bit bloddy DEPRESSED about it all at the moment.But don't worry,if I get the chance to CORNER Frank Cooper and his Pack of CRONIES,...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: