Commentary is junkety junk

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Commentary is junkety junk

Post by Choppy »

Gotta say it, just watched the Bulldogs/Roosters game tonight...and switched to the Hawks/Eagles game at times too...the standard of commentary in the NRL (Fittler aside - he is woeful) is so much better than the AFL commentary.

Ray Warren is dead set Australia's best commentator hands down. He could do anything...bet your life he could come to Ch7 and do the AFL far better than Brooce McAveney who is just dreadful. Dreadful. Way he carries on when Buddy goes near the footy...holy Toledo!

Give me Rabs any day!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Commentary is junkety junk

Post by BenDoolan »

Yep, anything is better than Broocey. He is deadset fken rubbish. I said it the other day. His style and repetitive streeeeeeeetching of key words in his call has become like finger nails on the blackboard. From now on, it's volume "mute" and turn on SEN or MMM.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I can't stand "Rabs". And yet he still shits all over Bruce.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Bruce was ok in the 90s, since Ch7 returned with the footy he is just a parody of himself. Total fake.

Ch7's love affair with certain players is sickening. Especially Hodge. Last night copped the usual 'how good is Hodge crap', followed by a 1/2 time story about his comeback from injury.
Then an end of match interview. Throughout the game we cop random camera shots of him just to check to see if he's doing something fantastic on his own.
When Lewis marked inside 50, Bruce was so involved in the Hodge wankfest that he called him Hodge. f*** off!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Royza wrote:Bruce was ok in the 90s, since Ch7 returned with the footy he is just a parody of himself. Total fake.

Ch7's love affair with certain players is sickening. Especially Hodge. Last night copped the usual 'how good is Hodge crap', followed by a 1/2 time story about his comeback from injury.
Then an end of match interview. Throughout the game we cop random camera shots of him just to check to see if he's doing something fantastic on his own.
When Lewis marked inside 50, Bruce was so involved in the Hodge wankfest that he called him Hodge. f*** off!
Hahahahaha....did he? I missed that. What a faarking goose.

I guess he had to turn his attention to one of his love interests. Delicious Cyril wasn't out there, and Buddy Boy isn't in the scintillating form that Broocey would like.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

May I also add Tom Harley to the shit list (well pretty much all the 7 commentators, but he shits me the most). Self-important wanker and every time they show a replay of a big hit/bump he has to point out that "there's nothing untoward" or similar - which is mostly f****** obvious and no one was thinking otherwise f***wit.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Brian Taylor.
Dwayne Russell.

No further comment required.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Bruce has lost his marbles....swear to God. He used to be much better when I was a kid. Now just rubbish. Just shut up and call.

BT too I used to like but talks so much shit.....so over it.

I like Dennis and Huddo most personally. Neither really shit me.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also all of the 7 commentators spend far too much time commenting on umpiring, particularly every time a free kick isn't paid, which is most of the time. :evil:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Dennis is the best by a fair margin for mine.I actually think he and bruce work well together.Bruce can be annoying but I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as most of the ex players. They get way too much airtime. They do bring some insight, but for every gem, there is amountain of shit to mine through.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Royza wrote:Bruce was ok in the 90s, since Ch7 returned with the footy he is just a parody of himself. Total fake.

Finally got to watch the "93 prelim against the Crows with Brucey Mac. commentating.

He was informative, accurate, incisive and further more, entertaining.

Switch to the recent Hodge debacle and he is now just embarrassing.

At least he is not Sandy!!! :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark