Interchange cap - 120 per game

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Interchange cap - 120 per game

Post by j-mac31 »

No cap per quarter, does not include using the sub (although I assume it will count as one when the substituted player comes off) or changes in between quarters.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/a ... hange-cap-

Inevitable move, but I was hoping the sub rule would be scrapped when this came in.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Interchange cap - 120 per game

Post by Gyoza »

Leave the game alone you f****** imbeciles.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Couldn't give a f*** anymore. The game is a stinking pile of shit these days. If by some miracle I am a member next year, I will just attend games just to boo all day and night.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

so 120 in 2014 and 2015 then will be 100 then 80 then 60...... slowly but surely they will drop it year by year

serious f***tards
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Basically: Clubs don't want a rule, AFL ignore and change/put it in place anyhow.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Jazz_84 wrote:so 120 in 2014 and 2015 then will be 100 then 80 then 60...... slowly but surely they will drop it year by year

serious f***tards
So we'll go back to the 1960s where you had one guy on the bench, and he'd come on with ten minutes left. :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

I think it's a great idea and should be dropped further. Will slow the game up and hopefully revert to more structured, positional play (like the 80s!). right now the game resembles a bunch of seagulls fighting over a leftover lunch with blokes rotating on and off every 8 seconds...stop the interchanges happening so frequently and we'll get Aussie rules back!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Choppy wrote:I think it's a great idea and should be dropped further. Will slow the game up and hopefully revert to more structured, positional play (like the 80s!). right now the game resembles a bunch of seagulls fighting over a leftover lunch with blokes rotating on and off every 8 seconds...stop the interchanges happening so frequently and we'll get Aussie rules back!
I'd love the game to go back to being more positional (although I'd say more like the late 90s/early 2000s given the skills and athleticism these days), but I thought the sub rule might do that too but didn't. I think the interchange cap would go further to do that, but as you said, probably only if it was even lower.

Having said that, I'd really prefer if they didn't f*** with the game.

And I still can't see why they need to keep the sub rule too.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.