Cops raid Thompsons house

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Cops raid Thompsons house

Post by desmondo »

Not sure what the f*** this is all about, but just hope Bomber`s ok...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/v ... 3123e1feaa
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Cops raid Thompsons house

Post by F111 »

ESSENDON great Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson ... home raided as part of a ... Victoria Police investigation.

Police successfully executed a search warrant ... on Friday, foxsports.com.au can reveal.

It’s believed police spent several hours at Thompson’s home,...

Victoria Police confirmed ... they searched a property owned by a 54-year-old man on Friday January 5. It’s understood that man is... Thompson.

Officials would not reveal what the purpose of their search was.

Victoria Police said no charges have been laid ...

Thompson’s current whereabouts is unknown.

Last March Thompson pocketed $7 million after selling his stake in a farming property at Armstrong Creek.

In April, Thompson conceded the Essendon drug saga will “probably end up killing” him following the breakdown of his marriage to his second wife Jana.

Thompson, ... was fined $30,000 for his role in the saga.

“It just sits in my guts and churns and it still does and it’s going to probably end up killing me because I can’t let it go,” Thompson said at a Law Institute of Victoria event on drugs in sport.

“People tell me I’ve got to let it go, but I can’t.

“I don’t like the game anymore, I don’t want to work in the AFL system, I don’t want to associate with people. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.”
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Well Well Well......

Let's see the media reaction to Bomber...as opposed to Hirdy.

From my recollection - Hirdy was stalked by media flogs - not raided by police (who supposedly need evidence)

"When the truth comes out l think we'll be in a very good space"
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Love how every article has to plaster the details of the supplements saga to this story. I guess I’m not surprised. Even if Bomber got caught up in a public altercation, the supplement saga would dominate the report.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Doesn't this just boil down to bad tenants in a property owned by Bomber?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm Doesn't this just boil down to bad tenants in a property owned by Bomber?
Possibly. I can’t figure out from any of the reporting whether Bomber actually resides at the address. If not, then what’s the big hoo ha? I notice that 3 other properties were raided in this operation. I take it that the owners of those properties were also questioned?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just the way one radio(MacQuarie)or TV(ABC)report sounded,it seemed to me Bomber didn't live there,he just owned it.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

some scrungy Melbourne rag wrote:BOMBER Thompson says a bikie who moved into his Port Melbourne home would not leave, the Sunday Herald Sun can reveal.

Police quizzed Thompson on Tuesday about his relationship with Thomas Windsor, who allegedly has links to the Rebels bikie gang and was living at his Port Melbourne property.

Thompson, who was released without charge, has strongly denied involvement in any criminal activity.

“What a bizarre week. I think they realised that I’m not in the gang,” he said.

Police allegedly found drugs when Thompson’s Rouse St home was raided this month.
That's it. A connection to Martin. Is he available for '19 ;)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Great stuff. Surprised the latest report didn’t mention the supplements program and the $30K fine he was given.

Farken sheisters
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Who told those F**king Scumbags in our Media exactly when he was arriving overseas? :evil:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Bomber charged and bailed on a number of chatges. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I’m saddened by his spiral into this shit. Such a great player, bloke, and coach. An such a f****** waste. The only person who can help Bomber is himself.

:(
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Knowing we have to be careful

The thing that annoys me most on this hearing is that Bomber spent over an hour seeking bail with the police vigorously opposing as he is a "flight risk" as he had a US holiday booked (really???)

While international students are regularly granted bail and gleefully skip the country within 24 hours on a friend's passport.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

s'dreams wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm Knowing we have to be careful

The thing that annoys me most on this hearing is that Bomber spent over an hour seeking bail with the police vigorously opposing as he is a "flight risk" as he had a US holiday booked (really???)

While international students are regularly granted bail and gleefully skip the country within 24 hours on a friend's passport.
Cops always do that as a matter of course. So many do skip overseas.
Not saying he's guilty but what happened with the supplements saga is enough to put anyone on the glass pipe. And by the sounds of it, he'd only be joining half of Australia.
I've never seen a more troubled looking guy than Bomber lately - fighting off his demons. I hope they treat him gently. "Dealing" by definition, often only means a few more grams than "User."
Of course if it was my Bogan next door neighbours, the cops wouldn't be interested if they moved a truckload (I know, because I've rung the cops so many times) but a high profile face like Bomber makes the papers and that's what they want.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Rover99 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:05 pm
s'dreams wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm Knowing we have to be careful

Of course if it was my Bogan next door neighbours, the cops wouldn't be interested if they moved a truckload (I know, because I've rung the cops so many times) but a high profile face like Bomber makes the papers and that's what they want.
So true, same here, reported the neighbour often with no result at all.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I believe the trafficking charges have now been dropped. Bomber has been more than compliant and the media of course played it up.

It is sad to see him as he is.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

mdso wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 pm I believe the trafficking charges have now been dropped. Bomber has been more than compliant and the media of course played it up.

It is sad to see him as he is.
trafficking charges dropped? where did you get that from?
sorry, I haven't seen it reported.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

It was initially reported and has now apparently been dropped. Media dropped off that side of the story which was never a story in the first place.

Let's hope that it is a case of tenants who came and wouldn't go and left some stuff behind. Not the kind of enemies one would want to make.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.