Lions and Birds

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Lions and Birds

Post by Rover99 »

Thinking of you Grassy and thinking just how much you must've enjoyed tonight. Lions did very well for a bunch of bottom dwellers and for the first time in a while, I reckon they showed a hint of things to come. Liked their dogged defence and quick rebounds and kicking for goal was generally straight. Again, a weird first game, considering WC started so well, I think the Lions may have had our terrible heat and humidity to thank for that. Still 32deg and 86% humidity up here today. Been a terrible summer and had heavy rain all last week. Clangers everywhere and everyone just bombing it into space and unable to take a mark with the greasy ball. In the end, WC just gave up. Looks like they picked up a couple of injuries too. Will be interesting to see what it does to WC egos and also, whether the Lions can repeat their form on away games. Even though they were a pushover last year, I can only say that the Gabba has been a graveyard for us in the past so with their recent depth, I hope we don't underestimate them in 2019.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Lions and Birds

Post by grassy1 »

I enjoyed the result Rover,but I only heard part of the 3rd Quarter on the Radio,getting ready for a dinner.

The Eagles will want Kennedy and Riolli back for starters,but must not falll into the trap of rushing them back too soon.

They started off like a house on fire,but took the foot off the pedal and let Brisbane right back in,where they never looked back.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

One thing both sides did was kick non-stop , up and down the ground all night.. Hardly saw a handball. Lions were mostly better at the contest and clearances. But everything looked pretty messy with the greasy ball and damp grass. I liked the way the Lions took charge of the ball at the end of the quarter when they had the lead . No last minute leaked goals. Few nasty sprains for WC Id say.
I only hope our team was watching because that's what they have to do today, move it forward relentlessly. If we get into handball land again and start going backwards I give up!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If that’s plan Acomi g from the Coach and assistants,we’re in trouble already.I hope today defies that belief.

I’ll have to tune into the Radio,as it won’t be on Free to Air Telly this way.