ANZAC Game Prematch

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
nudder12
Club Captain

ANZAC Game Prematch

Post by nudder12 »

I'm a fan of Birds Of Tokyo, but that's just rubbish that we should have a rock/pop band playing before this signifcant match.
Only way I'd accept it is if they were playing covers like "I was only 19" or something like that.
Can't see what benefit it brings to anyone to be doing this.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: ANZAC Game Prematch

Post by rockhole »

The AFL seems Hell bent on a whole heap of shitty diversions which detract from "The Game" We now have wall to wall advertising, totally using ground announcers, appalling entertainment and loud music and advertising between quarters when you are trying to discuss the game. "The Game" does not need all these bullshit "enhancements to the fan experience". It can stand on its own merits without some prick on a microphone screaming out "We are Essendon, We are Essendon". FMD!!!

I am a bloody muso, but playing rock music on Anzac Day is sacrilegious.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:52 pm The AFL seems Hell bent on a whole heap of shitty diversions which detract from "The Game" We now have wall to wall advertising, totally using ground announcers, appalling entertainment and loud music and advertising between quarters when you are trying to discuss the game. "The Game" does not need all these bullshit "enhancements to the fan experience". It can stand on its own merits without some prick on a microphone screaming out "We are Essendon, We are Essendon". FMD!!!

I am a bloody muso, but playing rock music on Anzac Day is sacrilegious.
Spot on Rocky!

It shits me to tears with all the garbage noise during the breaks. Just STFU so we can have a conversation in the stands! As you quite rightly described - it’s BULLSHIT!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

This is where I’m glad I’n not a Fulltime AFL Club Supporter,with no disrespect to Essendon.

We get plenty of PA from the Ground Announcers at various grounds in the WAFL,but nowhere to the extent of what the AFL does.

Mind you,occasionally I have to sit near the ground announcer and warn them when the siren’s about to go,sometimes 3 times before Bouncedown.

ANZAC DAY our way is generally Keep It Simple.The only thing I worry about is whether or not the poor old Bugler will run out of breath.I sort of mentally will then through it!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

GA & club members sold out.
Sunny & 20C.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

There’ll be a few coming over from The West on their Annual ANZAC DAY Match Trip!

Happy Days for them! :D
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

We don’t need a band as entertainment on ANZAC Day. It is just a purely bad call by the AFL. We should start a petition to stop it.

I also can do without all the woo haa between quarters. Its so forced.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Any Danger of AWFULL backing down on this?As if,..... :roll:
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:31 pm We don’t need a band as entertainment on ANZAC Day. It is just a purely bad call by the AFL. We should start a petition to stop it.

Agreed MH...I think they are watching too much American football.

I would sign any petition started. I can`t believe the RSL doesn`t/hasn`t voiced some sort of objections to this.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

desmondo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:49 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:31 pm We don’t need a band as entertainment on ANZAC Day. It is just a purely bad call by the AFL. We should start a petition to stop it.

Agreed MH...I think they are watching too much American football.

I would sign any petition started. I can`t believe the RSL doesn`t/hasn`t voiced some sort of objections to this.
OK, have written to the RSL stating that 'at the very least' they should raise an objection to the 'partytime' theme with the AFL.