The protected one

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: The protected one

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm
desmondo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 pm So Ablett doesn`t want to be known as a sniper??? maybe he should stop elbowing people in the head, that`s a start.
As Sam Pang said last night on The Front Bar - “when it comes to champions, their elbows are sacrosanct”
It’s all the opponents fault. Viciously head butting Gary’s elbow. Lucky they weren’t suspended for 12 weeks for such an act...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Bugger it.

I put a couple of lazy bucks on Ablett to Win the Charlie At $34,since he can’t be touched. :roll:
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

If Abbott were to win another Brownlow he would be the only triple Brownlow Medallist playing and isn't the other triple alive Robert Harvey?

Speaking of protected species - the rules are the rules like up the shaking pole incident - either apply them as they are written or change the wording then everyone will be to understand the new jargonese but please, please, please, stop making it so dam confusing for everyone. It ruining the game.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If Ablett or Fyfe did Win the Charlie and someone really Cleaned up to the tune of $Thousands,there should be an Inquiry into just who did Win a Packet.

Apart from little ole me,who reckons Ablett might be a chance,but not so much Fyfe.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Ablett punched a Sun in the face off the ball right in front of the umpire, didn't get reported mind and will undoubtedly get off.

I simply can't believe the AFL and its double standards.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:32 am Ablett punched a Sun in the face off the ball right in front of the umpire, didn't get reported mind and will undoubtedly get off.

I simply can't believe the AFL and its double standards.
It is expected that Anthony Miles will be cited by the MRO for careless contact with Ablett’s fist. It will be rated as careless and low impact. He will be offered 1 week.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I put another Dollar on Ablett for the Brownlow Friday Night,before his odds trim up. 8)

So,he’s in the spotlight again,eh?

Unbelievable! :roll:

What’s it going to take?For him to do a Jack Dyer,only for him to get Manslaughter? :shock:

They’ll get him off in no time!

Calling Ray Dunn(RIP),from up above.Can you come out of retirement to defend an alleged “Son of God”!

Or are you too busy up there,stopping GOD from throwing out rogues out of the pearly gates? :lol:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 pm I put another Dollar on Ablett for the Brownlow Friday Night,before his odds trim up. 8)

So,he’s in the spotlight again,eh?

Unbelievable! :roll:

What’s it going to take?For him to do a Jack Dyer,only for him to get Manslaughter? :shock:

They’ll get him off in no time!

Calling Ray Dunn(RIP),from up above.Can you come out of retirement to defend an alleged “Son of God”!

Or are you too busy up there,stopping GOD from throwing out rogues out of the pearly gates? :lol:
The ol' saying "he turned on a threepenny bit" comes to mind.

Did you come across some old footage of it back in the day? Sends a poor message if there is no action on this. You could ask what it would be if it were sent through to the league then before.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Nah,afraid not.

The saying I heard,with Peter Landy’s voice springing to mind.

If he gets off this time,be interested to know what betting plunges there are on him to Win the Brownlow,apart from my lousy $3. 8) :-"
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Geelong have described it as clumsy. :lol: :roll:

It looked intentional to me, lowish impact to the chin, straight right. No jumper punch either.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:44 am Nah,afraid not.

The saying I heard,with Peter Landy’s voice springing to mind.

If he gets off this time,be interested to know what betting plunges there are on him to Win the Brownlow,apart from my lousy $3. 8) :-"
Well there you go. I guess you named the price but lost the bet. Landy did say that a lot. Was it a quest?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Is he Cooked this time,or will he worm his way out,AGAIN?! :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:06 pm Is he Cooked this time,or will he worm his way out,AGAIN?! :shock:
He is fooked!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good.

I can only hope some prick from high places,who’s put a shed load on him,is bleeding over this. :evil: :lol:
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Let's just make it easy for us poor dummies who can't get clear on the rules..... ANYONE who indulges in head high contact with anyone else is guilty automatically and will get a week's holiday. Concuss someone even accidently on purpose 3 weeks. Whoever you are NO more playing favourites AFL you all need to go to Spec Savers.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

mdso wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:55 pm Let's just make it easy for us poor dummies who can't get clear on the rules..... ANYONE who indulges in head high contact with anyone else is guilty automatically and will get a week's holiday. Concuss someone even accidently on purpose 3 weeks. Whoever you are NO more playing favourites AFL you all need to go to Spec Savers.
Makes sense. That’s the problem. The AFL only likes convoluted, perplexing things.