Perth Football Club 2019

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Perth Football Club 2019

Post by grassy1 »

I held this back for a while,not daring to breath as each week passed by.

For the 1st time in 41 years,since our last League Grand Final appearance,we have started the season 5 - 0.

Amazing,but perhaps not,given how well the team has blended in,with contributors frequent every week.

I just hope the mid season draft doesn’t pry too many away from us.If I had my way,there wouldn’t be a mid season draft,as those pricks at AWFULL House don’t seem to want to give the State League Clubs anything back,while AFL Clubs will spend $60Grand minimum on each player that is picked up.How about giving us $20Grand Minimum,if you want to pick up say,excitement machine,Michael Bennell.

He doesn’t get too many possessions,but he knows where the goals are and can take a few screamers as well.

I don’t want to hold him back,but I’d put an injunction on all WAFL players going to the AFL until the Annual Draft in about 6 months.

Still,I have enjoyed what I have seen so far,with the action due to continue in just under a fortnight,after the WA v SA State Game,before I piss off from the Dorkers v Richmond game,as the Dorkers and Weagles have pissed off Interstate Football Fans.

How the State Game is a curtain Raiser to an AFL Fixture,beggars belief.The AFL Fans here don’t care about Interstate Footy and didn’t say Boo,when Western Australia THRASHED the once mighty Big White Vee in Melbourne for the 1st time ever.

Worse yet,I heard on pretty good authority,each quarter was to be 27 minutes straight,with no Time on.Outrageous,but that is a sad sign of the times,when bureaucrats with no feel for the game,make such idiotic decisions.If the AFL fixture needs the required between the Curtain Raiser and AFL Fixture,move the State Game forward half an hour to 11.30,so the Combatants get the 4 Quarters of 20 minutes plus time on.

Caaaarrrnnn Western Australia!

Caaaaarrrnn The Mighty Demons! :twisted:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: Perth Football Club 2019

Post by Windy Hille »

How are the Demons travelling at the minute? Haven’t heard from my relo in a while so haven’t got an update.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

We’re 6 - 3 with a Bye this week,playing Peelmantle next week.

We kicked our lowest score in over a Century last week,kicking 1.4 10,against the ever strong Subiaco 11.13 79.

Mind you,we had a breeze for 1 Quarter,they had it for 3.When we had the breeze,it rained like stink!

A complete contrast to the week before,when you could be excused for wearing boardies.Flippers May have come in handy last Saturday.

We we 2 key players down for the 2nd half,1 of them 10 minutes into the game,with a sling tackle by Subiaco’s Clancy Wheeler going unpunished at the Tribunal. :evil:

Apparently Busted shoulders are ok when you sling tackle. Or Wheeler’s 150th,had the Tribunal going all soft on him.He should have copped 2 weeks for that dangerous tackle and I made my displeasure about that quite clear on WAFL World.

Yeah,we got smashed by the Invincible Subi last week,we lost 2 key players in the process,but if we are good enough,we will get back to Winning ways and start posting Wins on a regular basis again!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Anyone still in town,give me a PM if you’re around Lathlain,before I attend to match day duties at 2PM(WST) and I’ll see if we can hook up.

Cheers,Grassy. :wink:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Won today against the Old Enemy(East Perth - a Carlton equivalent to you guys)by 35 points!

We had to really,with all their Injuries and whilst we didn’t crap all over them by a long way,it was good to get the Win,go 7 - 4 and 2 games clear of 5th,after a workmanlike performance.

Your mate Leggett Benny,only had 22 disposals,but he was busy as ever,doing what he could with his No Nonsense style!

Colts lost by 35 points,but the Ressies won by 12 Goals,scoring 19.3 thank-you very much!

Commiserations to our Colts boys,But well done to the Senior Teams for getting the Job Done!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Doing ok considering the poor preparations this season. Must be an air of confidence and belief in the club after years of melancholy.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Next 3 games before we take on Subiaco on a bloody Thursday night,no thanks to Bloody,f****** 7,will probably determine how we end up.

We are WELL Overdue to beat West Perth and Today’s the day to do it!Last time we made the Finals,we beat them up in South Gero by 25 points.Mind you,we had a towering target called Brett Spinks,who flattened one of the poor old Rigoll brothers with a Monster mark on the West Perth Members’ Wing.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Didn’t happen Saturday,when we had our chance to really make a statement,dammit! :roll: :evil: #-o
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Lost all 3 at South Gero last week against West Perth.

Won all 3 at Home against South Fremantle yesterday.Fantastic finish to the League,when you all thought we were cooked a couple of times,trying to haul back an 18 point deficit.

It didn’t seem like much,but whenever we got within 12 points,South would find an answer.We just couldn’t seem to find a spark,to cap off our efforts,with 1 key Backline player(Michael Sinclair)done for the day with concussion.

Add to that,Cody Leggett came off halfway through the last,apparently on one leg.Leggers was very frustrated,as he kicked something inside the Interchange Bench for all the world to hear.

But we found 1 by simply lifting in the last 10 minutes for 1 Supreme effort,kicking 3.1 and rendering South Winless for a 4th consecutive time.

The excitement came to a crescendo,when with scores level with about 1/2 a minute to go,we found Gordon Narrier marking on the lead just before the siren.

Siren goes,he just needs to score against a slightly tricky Nor-Easter that had been blowing from the Airport direction.

No worries Gordie,he puts it through to the absolute elation of the Red and Black faithfull here,giving us a Crucial Win,a solid footing in the 5 and a possible chance at the Top 3.

Great Day for the Redlegs yesterday!The Bye,which people wanted to be rid of,comes at an important time,allowing some sore players to freshen up,before the last 5 games to come,before possible but not yet secured September action.

Of the 2 key players injured,hopefully they’re both alright.Michael Sinclair should be ok,with the week’s rest allowing him to take it easy for a few days or so.

But don’t know what the go is with Cody Leggett.Hopefully it’s no more than bad cramp,having run himself into the ground with 23 disposals and 12 tackles.

We’ll need him for sure against Claremont,possibly to keep Bolton quiet with good,honest hard tagging,not allowing Bolton a sniff!

Looking forward to it already,even if Claremont knock off Subi at Leederville today,which I think they are quite capable of doing.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Perth 8 - 7 after a 5 Win start.

Sitting in 5th,but 2 games clear of the Eagles Reserves and Peelmantle!

Win(with a Peel loss)and we’re in the Finals,for the 1st Time in 22 years!

The other possibility doesn’t come into it!

JUST WIN BABY!

Caaaarrrrnnn The Mighty Demons!

Tear the egirls a new one! :twisted:

We’re not here to play cutesy pie with our Co Tenants!

This is FULL BORE WAR!!!!!!!!!!’ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Lost to the Eagle Reserves by 19 points,beat East Fremantle by 13 points,to keep us in the Top 5.

Now we must go down to Peel to Earn our spot in the Finals and make sure we play a part in Finals for the 1st time since 1997.

Hell of a long wait there.

Gotta get the job done 1st and despite their Injuries and loss to bottom team Swan Districts to knock them out of Finals contention,Cam Shephered And Peel won’t be playing to do us any favours,that’s for sure.

Hopefully,we can get the job done!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Does Tapper still frequent the club? (Question provided by relo)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Not sure Windy.

Perhaps you could PM a photo of him?

Plenty to pick from in the Club Bar,when your team inches within a Win of Finals.Especially the 1st time in 22 years.

Should be a good contingent heading down to Peel,with what’s at stake.Reckon many times more than what you would normally see.Hopefully,they’ll be roaring with delight,so I can hear it behind an enclosed room. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Don’t know the Final makeup of the Peelmantle Team Yet,given the dorkers have named an extensive bench.

But they did save up Gerard Ugle to play his 150th game,against his old club.

So if anyone who followed Perth thought Peelmantle had nothing to play for,they thought wrong!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Lost by 3 points to bloody Peel,Will probably lose our Finals chance when bloody West Coast blows East Fremantle Away to stroll into the finals,with a few thousand bandwagon hopping wankers jumping on their wagon.

I’m too depressed right now,but will pick up the pieces quickly enough,when hopefully the Aussies wrap up The Ashes!

But for now,I hope I can drown my sorrows with half a dozen cheapskate Syrup Beers(Uber)to send me home,the way I feel now! :-& :roll: :lol:

C’mon Aussie,c’mon,c’mon! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The Cruel Irony of the last behind we scored,was that it was our boy Cody Leggett,that missed on the run with 12 seconds remaining,Ben.

Whether he kicked too straight,only for the wind to push it to the right,I don’t know,but sadly he missed.

Now,it’s all down to East Fremantle who sold their Home Game to West Coast,to play the game at our Home Ground(and f****** west coast :evil: )and hopefully win the game they didn’t last week,at the same ground.

It’ll be that much harder for them,without promising Big Man Luke Strnodica,who went off looking the worse for wear.I don’t know if it came from a collision,a shitmixing bump or tackle,but there were no reports from it.Whodunnit?I don’t know,but I have a feeling I know who,because he is as hard as nails.

Now,with Strnodica out,I can’t see Old Easts getting past West Coast,Dammitt!Stranger things have happened in footy and sport and most of us are crossing our fingers and toes,but not holding our breath.Maybe,... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Now I have seen the notices,I feel I can reveal now with sadness(particularly if any ex West Aussies over East knew him),that the Perth Football Club,has lost a much respected part of Match Day Operations and The Club,our League Runner,Simon Jenkins.

Simon,known to many as Jenks was much loved and respected by many in the local Football and Cricket circles,be it Perth Football Club,The Good old Sunday League with the Vic Park/South Perth Raiders,or 2 Cricket Clubs in his younger days.

Though many knew you Jenks,far better than me,I have always enjoyed our yarns over a few beers,sharing our genuine love of the Perth Footy Club,Sunday League Footy League,particularly after a Raiders Home Game,or Friday Night in the Rovers Bar during Footy Season,when yourself,Lidds,Casts,Ginna,Bidds and many others,would enjoy a few Beers after training,watching Friday Night Footy(be it your Tiges’ or my Bombers).

You were as fit as a Fiddle,running frequent messages for the past few years for Coach Earl Spalding.As hard as it was blowing the Final Siren at Peel,signifying another missed Finals campaign,it must have been much harder for you,busting your boiler,to help get us over the line,week after week.

You left us far too young at 50,particularly your immediate Family.You were always great company,with a pleasant demeanour,with barely a bad word said about anyone,or even anything.You will be missed greatly,in Family,Sporting and Work Crcles,no doubt!I will miss you mate!

Cheers mate,Grassy.

Rest In Peace,Simon Jenkins.