Aka: Missed him.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Filthy

Aka: Missed him.

Post by Filthy »

Just on ABC news "Jason Akamanis' manager has confirmed his client wishes to join the Western Bulldogs."

Oh well. :roll:
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

One of those, would have been good if it happened, but hey not overly disapointed it didnt trades I think.

Looks like the Power brothers will play together.....
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Alot of power at brisbane :P God that was a bad joke
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

not a done deal yet, they still have to satisfy Brissy and we know how trade weeks work.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Power + 2nd round pick 4 Aker
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Dizzy_69 wrote:Power + 2nd round pick 4 Aker
Gee how dumb are the Bears? They could have had our 2nd round pick plus as sweeteners to prove what nice guys we are thrown in Reynolds, Bolton and Henno for free!! :idea:
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Filthy wrote:
Dizzy_69 wrote:Power + 2nd round pick 4 Aker
Gee how dumb are the Bears? They could have had our 2nd round pick plus as sweeteners to prove what nice guys we are thrown in Reynolds, Bolton and Henno for free!! :idea:
LOL :lol:

I wouldnt be surprised for another team to be involved to help the dogs get Aker
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

It will be done quickly. They will be working on it now. I think it will be a strait swap. Power fot Aka.
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

you reckon?

Brisbane dont have a lot of cap room. Power and a draft pick would suit them you would reckon.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Dogs should be chasing KP, not another runner.
Daniel.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Hmmm....My wife is rapt! She is a die hard Western Bulldog Member.I'm sure he will take the dogs that extra step next year...... :evil:
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

From Todays Courier Mail By the man himself......

VERYONE understands how I got to the position of wanting to go to another club. I'm not here to talk about that.
I thought I'd explain what goes through someone's mind when they're planning a move. There's many varying factors and they're all important.

I'll try to put them in order of priority.

To me the No. 1 issue I wanted to discuss and try to learn about the clubs I've spoken to is the culture of the place. It's of the utmost importance.

I want to know the place thrives on hard work and preparing, where people can be themselves and individuals are welcome but everyone works hard together on the track and in games for a common cause.

I guess that means hand-in-hand with culture is the list of players. I am definitely looking to join a team on the rise. Not necessarily a star-studded side that's going to win the premiership this year or the next, but one that can push towards the summit.

The question you ask yourself when looking over a potential new club's list is this: do you go to a club for top money if you're going to find yourself tagged every week and the focus of everyone's expectations, including the fans who don't yet know you that well?

In an improving side, the opposition coach always has to consider who to tag and that sort of environment is conducive to success. You may be marked one week but if another teammate has a day out chances are it'll be his turn next.

No doubt the coach is an important key.

I look for a coach that will work with people and support people. Every player wants that, they want to know they can relax, feel at home, feel able to be themselves because happy footballers are more productive footballers. On a more personal note, it was important to me to know that everybody there wanted me.

One club wanted me to front the leadership group to convince them to take me. That's not my go, It is the coach that should make those decisions not the players.

A plan for the future was important.

I was impressed by clubs that explained to me their goals. I'm not just talking about on-field, but the way they intended to grow and improve the place. I wanted to see a clear direction and to be told the role they proposed I would play in that plan.

The final factor for me was the right deal.

It's a juggling option between two factors, the length of the contract and the size of it.

You want to get what you believe you are worth, within reason, and for the right amount of time. I couldn't see the point in going after a big-buck one-year deal.

Once you are armed with this information, you make your decision.

While this is a complex process in thought, in some ways the choices are obvious, or should I say the clubs of choice become more obvious.

Once you're able to clearly identify and understand what you are after and what they are after, the decision is relatively easy.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

danstar84 wrote:Dogs should be chasing KP, not another runner.
Bradshaw is out of contract as well...and Not happy with what's on offer.

Bradshaw AND Aker for Power another player or 2 and draft picks ???
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Brisbane would be after the Bulldogs first pick if they want Bradshaw as well
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Dizzy_69 wrote:Brisbane would be after the Bulldogs first pick if they want Bradshaw as well
and they'd probably GET IT
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

dodgey wrote:
Dizzy_69 wrote:Brisbane would be after the Bulldogs first pick if they want Bradshaw as well
and they'd probably GET IT
Thats true!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bulldogs wouldn't need bradshaw would they??
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Ahh well....

Who else should we look at now?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gossy7 wrote:Ahh well....

Who else should we look at now?
i say offer the lions something they cant say no to for aker, we need him and we have plenty to offer in exchange
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Well that's dissapointing. I was quite looking forward to seeing Aker in the red and black...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.