Scott Lucas

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote:Did you read the initial post? I said we are re-building for an era where Lucas will be gone. How hard is that to understand?.
YES I GOT THAT. AS I CLEARLY MENTIONED ABOVE I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR INITIAL POST SAID AND THE POINT YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE...I was merely pointing out that it extermely rare for a gun KPP to be traded ever, even when they are coming to the end of their career.

I was making no comment about whether that is good or bad, merely pointing out the difference, between Scott Lucas and Jason Johnson.

I was also pointing out your argument that everyone was saying footy had passed JJ by when he wanted a 2 year deal was utter bullshit given the reaction on this Board when the club initially refused to give it to him.

HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND!!!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

SO becuase it is rare, means it is wrong? DO you want to think about what is best for the team or do what is popular?

Why bring up JJ again when the post you quoted was only referring to Lucas?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Did you read the initial post? I said we are re-building for an era where Lucas will be gone. How hard is that to understand? SO instead f letting him retire and getting nothing, lets put his name out there and see what we can get.
Plus, it was implied Johnson is not playing well because we went to trade im. he is not playing well because the game has passed him by.
So you think he wasn't upset at Sheedy for wanting to trade him?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think he was upset, but I don't think his poor form is because he is upset.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:I think he was upset, but I don't think his poor form is because he is upset.
It's funny how things turn out. He was livid. Then he had a say on whether Sheedy should stay or go. Guess what he said?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote:SO becuase it is rare, means it is wrong? DO you want to think about what is best for the team or do what is popular?

Why bring up JJ again when the post you quoted was only referring to Lucas?
You complain about people who don't read your posts and then you do the exact same thing yourself.

Where in my post did I say either way that it was either a good or bad idea to trade Lucas. I was merely pointing out why Lucas is not likely to be shopped around.

I personally don't think we would get a decent enough trade for him for it to be worthwhile shopping him around. What is he 30?? Got maybe 2-3 years, even a team that is a contender and needs a key forward to give them that added push would be unwilling to give away a gun 20-24 year old midfielder for him.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Trading Lucas or Lloyd would hurt the team psychologically as well. The players were hurting when Hardwick, Caracella and others got moved on, imagine what it would do if someone like Lucas or Lloyd gets put on the trade table.... it makes no sense at all. :?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Didnt answer my question about Lloyd and Fletcher I see E4E. Does this same theory apply to them?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

No.
Lloyd is uor captain and hasn't had to play the positiion that Lucas has, therefore it ahs taken less of a toll on his body. Plus I think Lloyd at least has a physical presence and if you look at a David Neitz, he is still gowing strong. So I thnk Lloyd will be around longer than Lucas.

As far as Fletcher goes, we do not have alot of young guys who can take that spot down back, except for Ryder.

If the same theory applied, I would have said 'trade one of these guys', instead of trade Lucas.

Now, 'ealesy'. The first sentance I posted is referring to your's first post saying it is rare to trade KPP.
And then you started talking about JJ, when the post you were referring to was about Lucas.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:No.
Lloyd is uor captain and hasn't had to play the positiion that Lucas has, therefore it ahs taken less of a toll on his body. Plus I think Lloyd at least has a physical presence and if you look at a David Neitz, he is still gowing strong. So I thnk Lloyd will be around longer than Lucas.
I think you need to do a bit of research. Lucas has been one of the most durable player in the league. When was the last time he missed a fair chunk of a season? Lloyd LOL, has just come back from a 12 month hamstring injury that threatened his career! Neitz???? He is as fragile as an egg shell at the moment. Would most likely retire at seasons end.

And just for the record, Lucas has played 244 AFL games out of a possible 279 in 12 years!!!!!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

scotty is an absolute champ, why do these posts even come up?

can it be deleted?

what sort of idiot suggests trading a club legend, and the last years best and fairest?

that would be like the dogs trading west, saints trading harvey etc
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:No.

As far as Fletcher goes, we do not have alot of young guys who can take that spot down back, except for Ryder.

If the same theory applied, I would have said 'trade one of these guys', instead of trade Lucas.

Now, 'ealesy'. The first sentance I posted is referring to your's first post saying it is rare to trade KPP.
And then you started talking about JJ, when the post you were referring to was about Lucas.
And which blokes have shown at any stage at all that their likely to be ready to take over from Lucas next year?
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Please delete this topic mods!!!!!!! This is embarassing to us so called supporters, trade away Lucas........LMAO!!!!! Get a grip E4E!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I have from thes tart off this topic till now been saying Gumbelton. Short attention span huh?

And 'ace076' why is it embarrasing? Have I said trade him because he sucks? I've said since our club is looking at the era after Lucas is gone, I feel he is one guy we can trade and get some value for.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:I have from thes tart off this topic till now been saying Gumbelton. Short attention span huh?
Probably should re-read what I said champ. I asked who at any stage in their career SHOWN they are ready to takeover next year?
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Your name and your philosophies are one of the great paradoxes I have seen!! Think culture and fabric of the club, and the damage your ideas would do to it!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Shane_Mead
Top Up Player

Post by Shane_Mead »

Essendon4Eva is soooo right on this one that it's not funny. We shuld traid Lucus and get the best pick in the draft!

I'm with you E4E!!!
I like wrestling.

With obese women.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Shane_Mead wrote:Essendon4Eva is soooo right on this one that it's not funny. We shuld traid Lucus and get the best pick in the draft!

I'm with you E4E!!!
Hi Rob.
Shane_Mead
Top Up Player

Post by Shane_Mead »

Lolz my name is Shane you dumbo, cant u see my username!

Lolz u people are dumber than my borther.
I like wrestling.

With obese women.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Your name may be Shane, and Scotty's name is LUCAS dumbo!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED