MJ

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Jabbie
Top Up Player

MJ

Post by Jabbie »

Anyone heard anything about Mark Johnson departing Windy Hill, come trade week? This morning's Pssst reckons he's off to Port Adelaide and Dean Wallis "is almost certain to...join Mark Harvey at Fremantle."
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Possible. I unfortunately watched the last 20 minutes of the amazing cave in with Bendigo Bombers yesterday. He wasn't setting the world on fire, but then again, the whole team capitulated into a complete RABBLE. Dyson was embarrassing in those 20 minutes.

It would be a shame to lose MJ in my opinion, but I'm only holding onto hope more than anything. I liked the way he played his career with us. I always have great admiration, more time and more patience for those who display courage and strength for our club. It makes me sick that people want to keep soft cocks who don't want to get dirty, but would love to see the end of blokes like MJ.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Last 2 years MJ has been linked to a move to Port!
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Let him go i think.. i'd be happy to take a 3rd round pick for him, he wont be part of another essendon flag.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

DYSON#2 wrote:Let him go i think.. i'd be happy to take a 3rd round pick for him, he wont be part of another essendon flag.
yep it's time for the EFC to make the harder decisions and for the fans to actually understand why they are making them for once
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

MJ was an angry man yesterday, looked ready to belt someone.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yep, i read that. Firstly, i'd note we're talking about Craig Hutchison here, so anything said in the Psst column needs to be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

But assuming the rumour does have some substance, it wouldn't necessarily be surprising and i think such a move could be win-win for both parties. It very much reminds me of the Damien Hardwick move - both players were pushing 30 and were playing in Essendon sides on the downward slide, Port were pushing for a Premiership and needed an old, aggressive head in defence. Port have taken a few of our blokes over the years (Kingsley, Mahoney, Hardwick) and got good value out of them, so it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to replicate their past successes and do the same thing with MJ.

In terms of picks, you'd hope we'd be able to get Port's second pick for him, which will be pick 33 (given that there'll be two priorities handed out to Richmond and one of Melbourne or Carlton). That's a fair deal in my opinion. I doubt Port would give up their first pick (#16) for him.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

dom_105 wrote:MJ was an angry man yesterday, looked ready to belt someone.
He belted a few of them didn't he, even kicked 1 i think.

Post by Guest »

As for Dean Wallis, wouldn't be at all suprised if he headed west.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Only two years ago MJ was our best (or one of our best) and most popular player. Sad comment about the passage of time that now many people think he is past it.

I must say that I really like MJ but this year I have seen him mixing the good (even the very good) with absolutely shocking turnovers and this on a quite consistent basis. I am confused, it will be really sad to lose him though. :(
Red and Black Forever
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Scott wrote:
yeah gave one a swift kick to the shins by the look of the footage
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I would love MJ to stay as his toughness is an asset to the side and we lack players like that. Unfortunately though his form over the last two seasons just hasn't been up to scratch and in a game where i expected him to dominate for Bendigo, his form was again very inconsistent.

the time may be rght to let Johnno go i think.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

If MJ does stay I think he would be most valuable in a fwd pocket. We saw it a couple of years ago and glimpses this year that when he goes forward he knows where the sticks are.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

f****** idiot ABC commentators.

Johnson takes a punch to the guts and retaliates they're comment?

"Clearly nothing in that, Johnson plainly over reacting."
Tools.
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Post by jayden1990 »

He played on the ball in 2005 when he had that great year and kicked 30 odd goals !!....
why isnt he being played lik that this year ?

Post by Guest »

jayden1990 wrote:He played on the ball in 2005 when he had that great year and kicked 30 odd goals !!....
why isnt he being played lik that this year ?
His engine is not what it never quite was! :D
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I've heard the same mail from someone who allegedly has a connection inside the club - how true it is, I don't know. The mail was that MJ is off but JJ is staying.

Anyone else not quite see the logic in that? Not that I don't think both players have something left to give, but surely you'd pivk MJ over JJ at the moment?

Or is that just me?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:I've heard the same mail from someone who allegedly has a connection inside the club - how true it is, I don't know. The mail was that MJ is off but JJ is staying.

Anyone else not quite see the logic in that? Not that I don't think both players have something left to give, but surely you'd pivk MJ over JJ at the moment?

Or is that just me?
It probably has something to do with JJ having another year on his contract while MJ doesn't? I'm actually not sure if MJ's contract expires or not, so I don't really know. But out of the two, I'd stick with MJ.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Scott wrote:
yeah gave one a swift kick to the shins by the look of the footage
That happened right in front of me. The guy was sniping MJ every time he ran towards the ball. Was obviously a coaches decision to put him out of the contest. Sadly for MJ, it worked...

He's a goner at the tribuneral...

:|
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

keri wrote:I've heard the same mail from someone who allegedly has a connection inside the club - how true it is, I don't know. The mail was that MJ is off but JJ is staying.

Or is that just me?
I don't see the point in keeping JJ over Johnno either. I know JJ is under contract but i would rather keep Johnno for another couple of yuears and replace JJ in the side with Hocking.