Lloyd Rumour

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Lloyd Rumour

Post by swoodley »

Here's a juicy one for you all;

A friend of mine who knows an employee at the club was told by the employee that there is a lot of talk inside the club about Lloyd asking for a trade to Sydney.

I told her that it sounds like a pile of crap but if it does happen, you heard it here first.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Its crap!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Why Sydney? Does he have family there or business interests or something? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Nah I wouldn't give that any cred.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I would have deleted the thread but swoods is a good guy, he wouldnt make that crap up. Though his friend clearly enjoys rattling his cage a bit.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Well even if he did want to go to Sydney, we would be telling him to get f***** because he's contracted and Sydney are a bunch of rapidly declining old men who would not be able to offer us anything of value.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:I would have deleted the thread but swoods is a good guy, he wouldnt make that crap up. Though his friend clearly enjoys rattling his cage a bit.
Thanks Ross :D

Actually, my friend is as fanatical a supporter as they come and does know a few people employed at the club.

Whenever we talk on the phone, we usually spend over an hour talking to each other and most of the time it's about Essendon.

She is not rattling my cage, just repeating what she has been told.

But as I said earlier, I do think it's a pile of crap
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

whilst it smells of complete BS, if something like that happened it would be HUGE.

and essendon would be screwed...no coach, no captain, what next the water boy walks out on the club...(just remember to shut the door...)
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Give them Lloyd in the hope they return Richards to sender :-k [-o<?

andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I'd hit that for Malceski and their first round pick. Malceski has been awesome this year and his disposal by foot is incredible. With picks 6 and 9 we could get one of the prime midfielders (Cotchin, Ebert, Masten, Palmer, Morton) and either Rance or Rioli.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

andrewb wrote:I'd hit that for Malceski and their first round pick. Malceski has been awesome this year and his disposal by foot is incredible. With picks 6 and 9 we could get one of the prime midfielders (Cotchin, Ebert, Masten, Palmer, Morton) and either Rance or Rioli.
Selwood?
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Sounds like Caroline Wilson bullshit if you ask me. Lloyd has never ever said anything but the fact he wants to end his career at EFC and whilst in theory a trade for Lloyd would attract some top quality young talent in return, It wont happen.

Unlike the round ball game, our game still has room for sentiment and club chamions are not looked apon as expendable property. Whilst champions like Lloyd, Lucus or Fletcher are unlikley to be part of our next GF side, they will be goin no where, they are red and black through and through. Trading them will rip the heart out of our club both on the field and off it with a member revolt the imminent result.