Hypothetical. How would you run the draft?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Yeah agree don't like the zone idea that much, but like this lottery type idea for the first round. I remember in some newspaper they had a similar idea. And compared it to the America's drafting systems. (rugby and basketball I think).
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

It is the NBA drafting system. However they have a 30 team competition, with the entire bottom half being in the lottery.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:You do know he was responding to Tom's post?
Obviously I didn't. usually if you are not responding to the person directly above you, you will quote the person to avoid confusion.
Obviously not everyone on here has a giant chip on their shoulder. Also obviously most people take the time to use proper spelling and grammer at most times. Obviously some people should take a hike.
Offcourse avoid the point idiot. I made the wrong assumption, but it was a an understandable one. And it has nothing to do with having a chip on my shoulder or my spelling and grammar.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

nomolos wrote:Why should a team who could "possibly" be half a game out of the 8 be given a chance at getting number 1 pick.
Because that would only be a 1 in 36 chance of happening. So on average it would happen only once every 36 years. The bottom 4 idea is no good, and wont eliminate tanking. If you were 12th on % going into the last round, and couldnt make the 8, the temptation to tank would still be enormous.

The draft lottery system is the only true fair way of doing it.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Sure, but they wouldn't be tanking the entire second half of the season. ALl I know is it is alot better than the current system.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Sure, but they wouldn't be tanking the entire second half of the season. ALl I know is it is alot better than the current system.
Tanking is tanking. One game or twelve, it needs to be eliminated.

Honestly, what are you smoking? Im sure your attitude would be "The Chinese girl only used EPO in the Olympic year, at least she wasnt doing it all the time".
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Now, my attitude in that scenario, would be, "Good thing we caught her out".

No see, we can go through 100 different drafting systems and they will all have there negatives. You will not 100% remove tanking.
Actually there is one way. All 16 teams go into a draw with one ball each. That is the only way. However I would rather a team tank one game all season, then to have that.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I see you're playing stupid again.....looks like you're winning too.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Your lost mate.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I'm lost? You bring up a hypothetical where everyone gets one ball in the lottery, and I'm lost?

I'm sorry. My Fault. I forgot you're a complete fking idiot.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I said you wanted tanking eliminated completly. That is the only draft system that does that.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Essendon4eva wrote: No see, we can go through 100 different drafting systems and they will all have there negatives. You will not 100% remove tanking.
Actually there is one way. All 16 teams go into a draw with one ball each. That is the only way. However I would rather a team tank one game all season, then to have that.
But the lottery would eliminate the motivation for tanking.

Take this year. Coming into Round 22 Carlton were left with a clear choice. Win, and they would lose the first pick in the National draft. However, if they were to lose (which they did) they would be guaranteed, without question, the number 1 pick.

Having a lottery would eliminate any sort of guarantee, while retaining the principle of the draft, a shitter team (Carlton/Richmond/Melbourne) would be odds on to get the top pick.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Which is what I said with my first post. However robbie was unhappy it didn't eliminate it 100%. SO I gave him a scenario that would eliminate it 100%.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Which is what I said with my first post. However robbie was unhappy it didn't eliminate it 100%. SO I gave him a scenario that would eliminate it 100%.
Oh ok.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Which is what I said with my first post. However robbie was unhappy it didn't eliminate it 100%. SO I gave him a scenario that would eliminate it 100%.
How about one thats realistic retard? You know that wont happen. Actually you are that fking dumb, you may think it will happen.

After all, you are the moron who thought we had 3 picks in the first round. You are also the moron, who said Judd would pick more than one club.

Admitting you're a dopey arsehole may be the first step to your recovery.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

lmao! Hahah! So you admit there is no realistic scanerio to end tanking 100%? SO you must agree with what I said earlier.
And yes I was worng about the amount of picks we had. And yes, I thought if Judd realy cared about West Coast getting a good deal, he would have given West Coast two options to trade with. And?

I will show you hwo dopey I am, when you grow a set and use that address I gave you.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:lmao! Hahah! So you admit there is no realistic scanerio to end tanking 100%? SO you must agree with what I said earlier.
And yes I was worng about the amount of picks we had. And yes, I thought if Judd realy cared about West Coast getting a good deal, he would have given West Coast two options to trade with. And?

I will show you hwo dopey I am, when you grow a set and use that address I gave you.
No street number, no surname, so dont pretend you're braver than you are.