Why didn't we take Freo's offeR?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Twits

i

Post by Twits »

would not say we have not won any silverware Stocksy. Surely you remember the multiple Fat Rats Clackers cups we have won against Port Adelaide. Surely you remember these?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:Sadly, it still makes more sense than some of the stuff that gets posted in here.
:lol: :lol:
Essendunny
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

gringo wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
gringo wrote:By use it during trade week I mean we could have packaged up the draft pick we could have got for Kepler with another one of our draft picks for a higher pick in the draft. This could concievably have been done with a club looking for an additional pick in the draft.
We tried pick 55 + Bradley for pick 40, but Freo would take it.

They simply offered pick 56, and we said f*** it, whats the point? We wont use it if we wont a pick in the PSD (which we will use on someone)
What I was suggesting was that we trade Kepler to Freo for pick 56, and then package up picks 56 and 55 and offer both picks to another club for a higher pick who are looking for an additional pick in the draft.
Don't want to lay the boots in when you are down, but are you serious on this one? I can just see all the clubs falling over themselves to get a 55 & 56 packaged bundle! I bet the clubs that had picks 53 or 54 are really giving serious thought to swapping their picks for our bundled up picks of 55 & 56.

and BTW, has Popeye farted in here?
Twits

Post by Twits »

I think its time for you to all accept that Peter Jackson sells suits a lot better than he runs football clubs. Agreed...everyone???
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

bombercol wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
Rotten Ronnie wrote:Bradley's gone. Why aren't people happy?
Because we should have tired harder to make sure he adn MJ found new homes to continue there career's. Now it is up to chance. If it was good enough for Geelong to do it with King, we as supporters should expect the same thing.

Sorry that is not the proper formuls.

Essendon were right in what they did. They cannot do any wrong. Go Essendon!
Geelong and Collingwood were happy to receive low draft picks so they could use them to snare their father son picks. (They only have to use their lowest available selction of the draft).

It was worth their while.
Dont worry Col. This peanut never lets the truth get in the way of a good whinge. I dont know how the pathetic little fcker gets himself out of bed every day.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Twits wrote:I think its time for you to all accept that Peter Jackson sells suits a lot better than he runs football clubs. Agreed...everyone???
He makes a nice smoke too.

Btw, how are Delaney, Ridley, etc going? Lloyd and Lucas are still going ok I think. Cheers for that.....nice one.
Twits

Post by Twits »

Robbie, most likely he gets out of bed by firstly sitting up, then swinging his legs around, putting them on the floor and standing up. simple movements really.
Twits

Post by Twits »

Filthy Filthy Filthy Filthy, if you dont think old Keps mood will improve by 2000% being at a club on the rise with a genuine gun coach, you arent being serious.
Tell me again why did you not go after HArvs, do Essendon have a vested interest in us doing well. I mean Solly, Harvs and now Kepler??
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Twits wrote:Robbie, most likely he gets out of bed by firstly sitting up, then swinging his legs around, putting them on the floor and standing up. simple movements really.
I still think it may be beyond him. Damn, I'm sure this is BD.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
Twits wrote:Robbie, most likely he gets out of bed by firstly sitting up, then swinging his legs around, putting them on the floor and standing up. simple movements really.
Hmmm, I have my suspicions that it's bomberdonnie or Billy Duckworth too :wink:
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Solly? How long was he at the club before you suspended him?

You know what? If Harvs is good enough to turn Bradley into a decent player, then good on him. But if, as I suspect, he continues his good work as a gumby impressionist, I'll be waiting with the tissues, Twits.

And I assume the plural is in reference to your second head?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Twits

Post by Twits »

I am new to this board, its natural for people to assume you may know me. In the days i have been on there dont seem to be many posters, quite incestual if I do say so. But I can assure you I am a freo supporter, just with a soft spot for Essendon after living over there for a while.
But for the life of me, i cant fathom what is going on at your club right now.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Hmmm, I have my suspicions that it's bomberdonnie or Billy Duckworth too :wink:
Not even I am this much of a fckwit!!
Twits

Post by Twits »

Yes Keri, it is reference to my 2nd head. The 2nd head between my 2 legs measuring a lazy 10 inches!!!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
gringo wrote:Hmmm. That's a lot of writing. I will deal with your ramblings in order:

1. If I did refer to Kepler as junk, it was in error. I should have said "junkety junk". Irrelevant, and unfunny.

2. EFC's recent inability to trade Kepler would suggest that "junkety junk" is a fair assessment of Kepler's worth to an AFL team. Irrelevant, and unfunny.

3. Regardless of points 1 and 2, EFC knew, or should have known, that Kepler would not be at the club next year. Accordingly, EFC's first port of call was to determine what we could trade Kepler for. They did know he wasn't going to be at EFC next year, and accordingly spent most of the week determining what his value could be.

4. Consistent with its mission statement of attaining the worst trades possible, Fremantle appear to have shown an early interest in Kepler. Yes.

5. Rather than move quickly to make this trade, EFC stated it wanted a first round pick for Kepler, and, initially stuck to its guns. Yes, that's called negotiation. Judging by media reports, we abandoned our unrealistic hopes of a first round pick by either Wednesday or early Thursday at the latest.

6.As a result, EFC missed out on trading Kepler to Fremantle for pick 56. Wrong. Our inability to trade Kepler for pick #56 did not result directly from our initially inflated view of his worth you describe in (5). Fremantle and us appeared to have come to an understanding early Friday that he would be traded for pick #40, only for them to change their mind to pick #56 right at the death knell, near 2PM Friday. Fremantle's actions in changing their mind at the last minute are what i consider to be the main cause of the result, namely, the trade falling over. Knights said Fremantle changed their position in the dying minutes, and to my knowledge, Fremantle did not attempt to contradict that version of events in their statements to the media, therefore i'm inclined to believe Knights' version.

7. Having trades 55 and 56 would have strengthened EFC's position during trade week – refer to my post of 12.28pm. Again, you're assuming the trade was in a position to proceed early enough during the trade period for us to then use whatever pick we attained from Fremantle to do a package deal. It wasn't. It wasn't in a position to proceed early enough for us to do a package deal, i believe, because, in addition to what i've described in (6), Freo had the upper hand in negotiations by dint of two things:
1) Kepler had already indicated to them and probably to us that he wanted to leave; and
2) He could be picked up for nothing by them in the PSD.

8. As it is, Kepler has been delisted without EFC receiving any consideration. This is completely unsatisfactory and makes EFC look reactionary and unprofessional. I'd posit that it would've been equally as unprofessional if we had've traded him for pick #56 right at the death, then not used that pick, and seeing as we weren't in a position to do a package deal with whatever pick we could've acquired from Freo for the reasons described in (6) and (7), that was the only use to which we would've ever been putting that pick. I'm happy that we took a stand against Freo's bullshit tactics, particularly when doing so will result in no substantive loss for us (which is the case in this instance), and i hope Kepler gets picked up by a club ahead of Freo in the PSD.
I've lost interest in responding to your rubbish. I can't resist point 5 though:

Based on your logic, if I turn up at a Ferrari dealership in my 1976 Datsun 180B, with the wheels falling off, the floors rusted through, a seized engine and a tyre missing that Filthy has been smoking and I say "Old mate, I'll trade this bad boy for your top of the range F50", it falls within the gambit of "negotiation".

Now, I might be wrong here, but I don't think the dealer is going to say " Cool your jets in our prospective buyers lounge for a couple of minutes while I speak to my superiors." Rather, he is going to give you ten seconds to leave the premises before the police are called.

Clearly then, the above scenario would be better termed "Dreamworld" rather than "negotiation". Unfortunately for us, it appears that the person driving the Datsun was Knights.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

You'd know all about incestual, wouldn't you? :wink:
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

All this over Bradley.

The guy was a clutz, and will never be a player. I for one am glad he is no longer on the list, he was a hack. Even after playing under Knighta and winning the B&F, Knights still didnt want him. That should say it all.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

DC wrote:All this over Bradley.

The guy was a clutz, and will never be a player. I for one am glad he is no longer on the list, he was a hack. Even after playing under Knighta and winning the B&F, Knights still didnt want him. That should say it all.
Amen.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Twits wrote:Yes Keri, it is reference to my 2nd head. The 2nd head between my 2 legs measuring a lazy 10 inches!!!
and lazy it stays
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

*Ahem*

On a serious note (showing my lack of draft knoweldge);

If Kep was traded during the week, would that mean that he would have to have named a price on his head before moving??

If he goes into the PSD, does that mean that Freo then get to nominate his worth??

If this is the case, then Freo have been smart in not having to name a price for the deal. Smart pool.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T