Why didn't we take Freo's offeR?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Twits wrote:Yes Keri, it is reference to my 2nd head. The 2nd head between my 2 legs measuring a lazy 10 inches!!!
and lazy it stays
he has two dicks?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: time to admit

Post by ealesy »

Twits wrote:You were outsmarted by the Mighty Freo. FREO WAAAYYY TO GO, HIT "EM REAL HARD SEND EM DOWN REAL LOW, OHHHH FREO, GOT THE OLD HEAVO, WE ARE FREO DOCKERS!!!
I really don't know what makes you a bigger dickhead:

1. You think Kepler Bradley can play CHB at any level of football.

2. You think Kepler Bradley will be a good addition to Freo football club. He may have a slight hope of doing this, if he was played as a key forward, but I don't see him getting a gig ahead of Pavlich or Tarrant!!

or

3. That as a supporter of a club with the most pathetic and laughable trading and drafting history in the game over the past 12 years, you still believe you don't look like a complete and utter tosser trolling other clubs for missing out on getting a dud draft pick, in a dud draft, in exchange for a dud.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

I believe it was a smart idea to delist Kepler instead of trading him for a 4th round. Reason being, we delist him and most likely Freo will pick him up in the PSD, and that leaves a "better" player for us to pick up if we choose to.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

sconsey wrote:I believe it was a smart idea to delist Kepler instead of trading him for a 4th round. Reason being, we delist him and most likely Freo will pick him up in the PSD, and that leaves a "better" player for us to pick up if we choose to.
not when you consider we have pick 5 and they have pick 6.
Rotten Ronnie
Top Up Player

Post by Rotten Ronnie »

gringo wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
gringo wrote:Hmmm. That's a lot of writing. I will deal with your ramblings in order:

1. If I did refer to Kepler as junk, it was in error. I should have said "junkety junk". Irrelevant, and unfunny.

2. EFC's recent inability to trade Kepler would suggest that "junkety junk" is a fair assessment of Kepler's worth to an AFL team. Irrelevant, and unfunny.

3. Regardless of points 1 and 2, EFC knew, or should have known, that Kepler would not be at the club next year. Accordingly, EFC's first port of call was to determine what we could trade Kepler for. They did know he wasn't going to be at EFC next year, and accordingly spent most of the week determining what his value could be.

4. Consistent with its mission statement of attaining the worst trades possible, Fremantle appear to have shown an early interest in Kepler. Yes.

5. Rather than move quickly to make this trade, EFC stated it wanted a first round pick for Kepler, and, initially stuck to its guns. Yes, that's called negotiation. Judging by media reports, we abandoned our unrealistic hopes of a first round pick by either Wednesday or early Thursday at the latest.

6.As a result, EFC missed out on trading Kepler to Fremantle for pick 56. Wrong. Our inability to trade Kepler for pick #56 did not result directly from our initially inflated view of his worth you describe in (5). Fremantle and us appeared to have come to an understanding early Friday that he would be traded for pick #40, only for them to change their mind to pick #56 right at the death knell, near 2PM Friday. Fremantle's actions in changing their mind at the last minute are what i consider to be the main cause of the result, namely, the trade falling over. Knights said Fremantle changed their position in the dying minutes, and to my knowledge, Fremantle did not attempt to contradict that version of events in their statements to the media, therefore i'm inclined to believe Knights' version.

7. Having trades 55 and 56 would have strengthened EFC's position during trade week – refer to my post of 12.28pm. Again, you're assuming the trade was in a position to proceed early enough during the trade period for us to then use whatever pick we attained from Fremantle to do a package deal. It wasn't. It wasn't in a position to proceed early enough for us to do a package deal, i believe, because, in addition to what i've described in (6), Freo had the upper hand in negotiations by dint of two things:
1) Kepler had already indicated to them and probably to us that he wanted to leave; and
2) He could be picked up for nothing by them in the PSD.

8. As it is, Kepler has been delisted without EFC receiving any consideration. This is completely unsatisfactory and makes EFC look reactionary and unprofessional. I'd posit that it would've been equally as unprofessional if we had've traded him for pick #56 right at the death, then not used that pick, and seeing as we weren't in a position to do a package deal with whatever pick we could've acquired from Freo for the reasons described in (6) and (7), that was the only use to which we would've ever been putting that pick. I'm happy that we took a stand against Freo's bullshit tactics, particularly when doing so will result in no substantive loss for us (which is the case in this instance), and i hope Kepler gets picked up by a club ahead of Freo in the PSD.
I've lost interest in responding to your rubbish. I can't resist point 5 though:

Based on your logic, if I turn up at a Ferrari dealership in my 1976 Datsun 180B, with the wheels falling off, the floors rusted through, a seized engine and a tyre missing that Filthy has been smoking and I say "Old mate, I'll trade this bad boy for your top of the range F50", it falls within the gambit of "negotiation".

Now, I might be wrong here, but I don't think the dealer is going to say " Cool your jets in our prospective buyers lounge for a couple of minutes while I speak to my superiors." Rather, he is going to give you ten seconds to leave the premises before the police are called.

Clearly then, the above scenario would be better termed "Dreamworld" rather than "negotiation". Unfortunately for us, it appears that the person driving the Datsun was Knights.
Good grief! What's the matter with you? Would you like the club to take him back through the PSD just to make you happy?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sconsey is on the right track, but hopefully one of the clubs before us (Carlton, Richmond, Dogs or Melbourne) pick him up.

And easley, dont get sucked in. He isnt a Freo supporter. Its one of us, just not sure who.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
And easley, dont get sucked in. He isnt a Freo supporter. Its one of us, just not sure who.
It's probably gringo himself. Twits only appears in his threads and only when he's "around".
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz or Gatsid will be able to work it out.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Could it be the great Bonce?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

dom_105 wrote:Could it be the great Bonce?
He is a Bradley lover, so quite possibly.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Twits wrote:Robbie, most likely he gets out of bed by firstly sitting up, then swinging his legs around, putting them on the floor and standing up. simple movements really.
I still think it may be beyond him. Damn, I'm sure this is BD.
Hmmm, I have my suspicions that it's bomberdonnie or Billy Duckworth too :wink:
Not guilty, folks. Whilst I think it was a bit disappointing that we couldn't get some sort of deal for Keps, I am not crazy enough to think he was worth a first round pick or will suddenly become a superstar for Freo or will be the first astronaut to really walk on the moon or whatever. Cheers. :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Twits wrote:Robbie, most likely he gets out of bed by firstly sitting up, then swinging his legs around, putting them on the floor and standing up. simple movements really.
I still think it may be beyond him. Damn, I'm sure this is BD.
Hmmm, I have my suspicions that it's bomberdonnie or Billy Duckworth too :wink:
Not guilty, folks. Whilst I think it was a bit disappointing that we couldn't get some sort of deal for Keps, I am not crazy enough to think he was worth a first round pick or will suddenly become a superstar for Freo or will be the first astronaut to really walk on the moon or whatever. Cheers. :shock:
Haha, I was deflecting from the intended BD in myself to other BD's. But I think I know the culprit - it's down to two. :wink:
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

So who do you reckon it is, Benny?
Mark Harvey?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:So who do you reckon it is, Benny?
Mark Harvey?
Na, Kepler Bradley :lol:
Essendunny
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

sconsey wrote:I believe it was a smart idea to delist Kepler instead of trading him for a 4th round. Reason being, we delist him and most likely Freo will pick him up in the PSD, and that leaves a "better" player for us to pick up if we choose to.
So we either get nothing or something that is worth nothing. However if we get something worth nothing, at least we can say to ourselves, 'We helped one of our own find a new home"
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

E4E, you have yet to answer my question.

If no-one wanted MJ, what would you have had them do?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

That would be a different story. However, teh comments by Knights, about MJ having a future in AFL and the rumors about Port being interests, lead me to beleive there were offers.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:That would be a different story. However, teh comments by Knights, about MJ having a future in AFL and the rumors about Port being interests, lead me to beleive there were offers.
What were they?
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
Twits wrote:Yes Keri, it is reference to my 2nd head. The 2nd head between my 2 legs measuring a lazy 10 inches!!!
and lazy it stays
he has two dicks?
no i mean it's floppy 100% of the time,, thats if he has a "second head"

:lol:
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote:Jazz or Gatsid will be able to work it out.
Twits isn't anyone on this forum as far as i can tell

BUT

i know who Rotten Ronnie is :P
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals