Why didn't we take Freo's offeR?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Jazz or Gatsid will be able to work it out.
Twits isn't anyone on this forum as far as i can tell

BUT

i know who Rotten Ronnie is :P
So do I. He was a mug who wore number 4 with great distinction! :lol:
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Essendon4eva wrote:That would be a different story. However, teh comments by Knights, about MJ having a future in AFL and the rumors about Port being interests, lead me to beleive there were offers.
How is it a different story when it's the exact situation we are talking about?

You think there were offers? Based on what? All of this vitriol, and you can't even back it up with anything stronger than rumours?

I have not the words.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:That would be a different story. However, teh comments by Knights, about MJ having a future in AFL and the rumors about Port being interests, lead me to beleive there were offers.
How is it a different story when it's the exact situation we are talking about?

You think there were offers? Based on what? All of this vitriol, and you can't even back it up with anything stronger than rumours?

I have not the words.
He makes it up as he goes along. At least he's consistent.
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I just wish his spell-check was. It's actually rather insulting to the English language, watching it get butchered like that.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Why would Port make an offer when they know they would most likely going to be able to pick him up for nothing in the PSD....doesn't make any sense on their part.

Highly doubted the would've offered us anything.

Think about, the moment we re-signed Dyson, it was pretty clear that at least one if not both (as it turned out to be) of Kepler Bradley and Mark Johnson would be delisted.

Why would Port take the risk of it not be Johnson I hear you think?

Because there was no risk of us re-signing Mark Johnson. Let's think about it for a moment.

We have a new coach who is talking about youth policies, developing the club for the future etc...how would offering a 29 year old out of contract player, whose best footy is behind him be fitting in particularly giving him another contract over a 22 year old KP player who has just shown he is worth a shot being played as a forward.

But the fact that other clubs aren't brainless morons who could see they did not need to bother making an offer to secure MJ really reflects poorly on us and how bigger arseholes we are not to find him a new home.

FFS....do you actually believe this club can make a decision that they do not deserve to be criticised for. I mean seriously it seems like you can create one idiotic reason after another to criticise any decision this club has made in the last few months.

How dare we not find Campo or Cole or Bolton new homes either...shame on us!!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

ealesy wrote:Why would Port make an offer when they know they would most likely going to be able to pick him up for nothing in the PSD....doesn't make any sense on their part.

Highly doubted the would've offered us anything.

Think about, the moment we re-signed Dyson, it was pretty clear that at least one if not both (as it turned out to be) of Kepler Bradley and Mark Johnson would be delisted.

Why would Port take the risk of it not be Johnson I hear you think?

Because there was no risk of us re-signing Mark Johnson. Let's think about it for a moment.

We have a new coach who is talking about youth policies, developing the club for the future etc...how would offering a 29 year old out of contract player, whose best footy is behind him be fitting in particularly giving him another contract over a 22 year old KP player who has just shown he is worth a shot being played as a forward.

But the fact that other clubs aren't brainless morons who could see they did not need to bother making an offer to secure MJ really reflects poorly on us and how bigger arseholes we are not to find him a new home.

FFS....do you actually believe this club can make a decision that they do not deserve to be criticised for. I mean seriously it seems like you can create one idiotic reason after another to criticise any decision this club has made in the last few months.

How dare we not find Campo or Cole or Bolton new homes either...shame on us!!!
There's just no pleasing some people, is there?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

ealesy wrote:How dare we not find Campo or Cole or Bolton new homes either...shame on us!!!
Apparently we found Campo a new home, he is sharing a place with Murphy, and Allan. They look at each other and laugh about how they had to move employers to get a decent pension.

We found Cole a bed in the kitchen of Krispy Kreme donuts, he is happy with that, saves him a fortune in petrol.

Bolton doesnt need a home, he just wanders about, wondering where his opponet might be. He is now known as "The Bolton Wanderer".
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Campo retired. Bolton retired. COle was a drunk.
SO basically two of those names, if Essendon had a hand in in forcing them out, would have nominated for the Draft, if they thought they could continue on. Based on that they made decision on ther own to retire.

THEREFORE, your list of names 'ealesy' are rediculous.

Eventhough, the rest of the post raised good points, we no Fremantle for a fact Fremantle made an offer. So it is also same to assume the same thing is possible with Mark Johnson.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Campo retired. Bolton retired. COle was a drunk.
SO basically two of those names, if Essendon had a hand in in forcing them out, would have nominated for the Draft, if they thought they could continue on. Based on that they made decision on ther own to retire.

Eventhough, the rest of the post raised good points, we no Fremantle for a fact Fremantle made an offer. So it is also same to assume the same thing is possible with Mark Johnson.
Listen, I had great difficulty in understanding your attempt at explaining what you have in the first place, but your last sentence is the biggest joke of the lot. Bring something to the table other than a hunch.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Bolton retired.
Well, officially Bolton 'retired' insofar as he announced his own departure rather than it being announced on his own behalf, but in essence, he was delisted.

Knights went around to his house the weekend before the Best and Fairest and pretty much told Bolts that we weren't going to be offering him a new contract and there was no place for him in the side in 2008. Armed with that knowledge, he fronted up at the B&F and informed everyone that he was "retiring".

The only real difference in current circumstances between Mark Johnson and Mark Bolton is that Mark Johnson wants to continue his AFL career at another club, whereas Bolton doesn't.
bluey

Post by bluey »

dom_105 wrote:Could it be the great Bonce?
Maybe, that loveable man is quite the master of disguise and quite a looker to I must say.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

BenDoolan wrote:

Listen, I had great difficulty in understanding your attempt at explaining what you have in the first place, but your last sentence is the biggest joke of the lot. Bring something to the table other than a hunch.
Dude needs to bring a dictionary to the table and go back to school. Please read your posts before you hit the post button. That last post of yours was nothing more than incoherent babble.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DC wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Dude needs to bring a dictionary to the table and go back to school. Please read your posts before you hit the post button. That last post of yours was nothing more than incoherent babble.
DC, BD and Myself agreeing. Amazing. How you been DC?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

DC wrote: That last post of yours was nothing more than incoherent babble.
Same as the first 900 or so.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

boncer34 wrote:
DC wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

LOL...not bad bonce, yourself?

I see you are hoping we get the other selwood. If he is as good as his brother he'll get picked up before we have a chance at pick 6. But maybe we might get lucky?
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bluey wrote:
dom_105 wrote:Could it be the great Bonce?
Maybe, that loveable man is quite the master of disguise and quite a looker to I must say.
i bet you can't keep your hands off him :P
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DC wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
DC wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

LOL...not bad bonce, yourself?

I see you are hoping we get the other selwood. If he is as good as his brother he'll get picked up before we have a chance at pick 6. But maybe we might get lucky?
He's not rated as highly as Joel in the professional circles so I doubt we'll end up getting him. But Scott's issue is that he suffered from a severe case of the I cant be f***** early on in his junior days. He had the talent so he let the talent do the work without actually putting any extra effort in. He's since solved that problem in the last 2 seasons so he will certainly keep developing at a rate of knots and in my opinion will be just as good as Joel or maybe a shade less. But not by much.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.