G train in the draft.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

G train in the draft.

Post by Sismis »

Thought he'd decided he'd had enough, not the case apparently. Something to do with the board maybe?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I imagine he just didn't want to play for St Kilda anymore and this was his way out... either that... or he genuinely changed his mind.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Megan wrote:I imagine he just didn't want to play for St Kilda anymore and this was his way out... either that... or he genuinely changed his mind.
a la Mal Michael

I wonder what E4E thinks of this disgusting situation? He was quite critical of clubs that didn't "look after" players when they were delisted. Now what about the player who has denied their club an opportunity to trade for them if they wished to continue their career.
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Did Grehig finish a contract at the end of the year.

Because if not St Kilda are a pathetic rabble for not learning from what we did to Brisbane last year, when we screwed them out of Mal Michael for free.

If he was still contracted and they didn't force him to sign a retirement clause stating that he would not nominate for the Nat/Pre-season draft then the Board should be sack.....oh wait??!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Megan wrote:I imagine he just didn't want to play for St Kilda anymore and this was his way out... either that... or he genuinely changed his mind.
a la Mal Michael

I wonder what E4E thinks of this disgusting situation? He was quite critical of clubs that didn't "look after" players when they were delisted. Now what about the player who has denied their club an opportunity to trade for them if they wished to continue their career.
Now, now.....
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Looks like you all got the wrong idea...he had gone to Europe with his long term partner and things went belly up so he rang St Kilda to see if he could get back on their list. St Kilda are the ones who actually lodged the paperwork with the AFL.

Gehrig (or his manager) has said that he will only play for St Kilda and that if anyone else drafts him he will stay retired.

St Kilda have apparently asked him to consider all this carefully, because after the trade period, they don't have a heap of cash in their salary cap and so if he does make it back, he will be on a lot less than last year.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

swoodley wrote:Looks like you all got the wrong idea...he had gone to Europe with his long term partner and things went belly up so he rang St Kilda to see if he could get back on their list. St Kilda are the ones who actually lodged the paperwork with the AFL.

Gehrig (or his manager) has said that he will only play for St Kilda and that if anyone else drafts him he will stay retired.

St Kilda have apparently asked him to consider all this carefully, because after the trade period, they don't have a heap of cash in their salary cap and so if he does make it back, he will be on a lot less than last year.
If I was his partner and I'd been looking at his ugly mug long term I'd dump him as well.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote:
a la Mal Michael

It is hard to have an opinion on this subject. Here is why. If Gherig genuinly wanted to retire and get out of the game at first, but realised it was the wrong decision...fine. However, if Gherig has no intention to retire and new all along he wanted to just get out of St Kilda, then it is poor form. Espicially considering St Kilda is the club where his career was resurrected.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
a la Mal Michael

It is hard to have an opinion on this subject. Here is why. If Gherig genuinly wanted to retire and get out of the game at first, but realised it was the wrong decision...fine. However, if Gherig has no intention to retire and new all along he wanted to just get out of St Kilda, then it is poor form. Espicially considering St Kilda is the club where his career was resurrected.[/quote]

Did you happen to read my post before you typed this?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
a la Mal Michael

It is hard to have an opinion on this subject. Here is why. If Gherig genuinly wanted to retire and get out of the game at first, but realised it was the wrong decision...fine. However, if Gherig has no intention to retire and new all along he wanted to just get out of St Kilda, then it is poor form. Espicially considering St Kilda is the club where his career was resurrected.[/quote]

[/quote]

My bet is that he read it twice!! :lol: :lol:
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

swoodley wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
a la Mal Michael

[/quote]

Nope, I didn't. Read Doolan's quoted him, posted and left. Cna't be f***** ready all of our posts. Have more important things to do in my life.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
a la Mal Michael

Nope, I didn't. Read Doolan's quoted him, posted and left. Cna't be f***** ready all of our posts. Have more important things to do in my life.
[/quote]

Well learning how to communicate in English is obviously not one of those more important things in life.

I mean come on I can handle the odd typo, but that sentence above, while I expect I know what you are saying, it's impossible to be 100% certain.