PSD

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

PSD

Post by doogle »

Gourdis, Arrowsmith or McGinnity

or

Collard, Mourish or someone else with experience.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Bit of a raffle to see who we end up with. But given our obsession with WA talent over the last two drafts, and our WA & Clontarf Academy connection with Ashley Prescott now in the ranks, i wouldn't be remotely surprised if we took a punt on Clayton Collard. He was a massively talented junior who could be worth a gamble.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

Hey jimmyc, you get my reply on the misunderstanding we had?

Apparently collard is training with Ninthmond. It was in the paper, thought they were also interested in Pfeiffer or Richards.

I forgot Bellchambers, a ruck who slipped through.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yeah i got it, no dramas.

I saw that article Re: Richmond & Collard in The Age. I'll post if for others to see, below. Seems as though Richmond haven't yet made their mind up, although they're tossing up over a number of possibilities.
RICHMOND is considering using its prized first selection in the pre-season draft on the best untried talent that was overlooked in Saturday's national draft rather than a seasoned performer.

The Tigers yesterday held a trial for 14 players who did not make the cut on Saturday, and yesterday confirmed that they might not pick a seasoned AFL player — either uncontracted or delisted — in next month's pre-season draft.

With the Tigers contemplating picking a kid with their first choice — with which clubs usually hope to land a proven uncontracted player — the pre-season draft could see the unprecedented situation in which the top three choices are all juniors.

Carlton and Melbourne, which have the second and third choices respectively, also are giving strong consideration to overlooking the thin pool of delisted and uncontracted players.

None of the first three in the pre-season draft are interested in Adelaide forward Scott Welsh, who is committed to join the Bulldogs on a two-year deal.

"It won't necessarily be a seasoned player and it won't necessarily be a junior," said Richmond football director Greg Miller. "We've got no preconceived thoughts at the moment."

Miller said, however, that the Tigers would be willing to look at uncontracted Brisbane Lion Ashley McGrath, who, Welsh aside, would be the best seasoned talent available at this stage.

McGrath has indicated he is interested in joining Fremantle and returning to his home state, but it might prove difficult for him to get past the five clubs ahead of the Dockers.

It is unlikely that he would walk out on Brisbane for a Melbourne club.

Miller said the Tigers would "make a significant improvement" to their list with the first choice not only in the pre-season draft, but also in the rookie draft — which has assumed greater importance for all clubs.

Miller said the club had already reduced the 15 from the trial to "five or six" who would be invited to train with the club before the pre-season and rookie drafts, which are both held on December 11.

Miller said former Fremantle player Clayton Collard, an unfulfilled talent who disappointed in his brief career as a Docker, had been invited to train at Punt Road. Former Collingwood ruckman Guy Richards is another who had been training with the Tigers.

Miller named some of the players whom the club was considering drafting in either the rookie or pre-season draft. They were Jeremy Laidler and Ashley Arrowsmith from the Calder Cannons, Daniel Gourdis (Perth) and Jared Patrenko (Woodville-West Torrens). Gourdis also is about to start training at Richmond.

The Bulldogs have the fourth pre-season pick, to be used on Welsh. Essendon is next and then the Dockers, who have already picked up ex-Bombers Mark Johnson and Kepler Bradley in the national draft, and left a spot open for another seasoned player — perhaps McGrath — in the pre-season draft.

Carlton is contemplating upgrading a rookie, such as tall defender Michael Jamison, rather than using its pre-season pick, a decision that would further reduce the pre-season draft. Other clubs can only participate in the pre-season draft by delisting a player before the final cut on December 1.

Former West Coast forward Ashley Sampi has been training with Melbourne, and the Demons will weigh up the merits of taking him. Sampi needs to impress after a troubled year at West Coast, because the Demons could opt for another untried junior.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Do we even have a pick in the PSD? We drafted 4 guys and promoted 2 rookies. We delisted 2 guys and the other 4 retired. Am I missing something?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

2QIK4U wrote:Do we even have a pick in the PSD? We drafted 4 guys and promoted 2 rookies. We delisted 2 guys and the other 4 retired. Am I missing something?
Yeah, we've got a pick in the PSD. We actually got rid of 7 in total - Cole, Campo, Hird, Heffernan, Bolts, Johnno and Bradley.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Ah - Cole, how could I forget him?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

plus mckinnon got delisted - off rookie list
and hocking and rama promoted from rookie list
so 3 rookie list spots.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Now that Lloydy is on the vets list we can have 2 picks in the PSD if we want to... maybe arrowsmith and collard will be our choices!! Bellchambers would have to be a chance as well.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

A bloke I work with was telling me about a young ruckman, Joel Schoma I think his name was. Apparently did quite well in the draft camp, and is improving dramatically. Might be worth a look at. I'll see if i can find anything about him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

2QIK4U wrote:Ah - Cole, how could I forget him?
Quite easily. His 2 year stint was totally forgettable.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

2QIK4U wrote:Ah - Cole, how could I forget him?
I'm trying.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

After his effort on ALMOST FOOTY LEGENDS,if we get Patrick McGinnity,I'm sure the jokers in the locker room will give him some handy directions on which way to kick.

Other than that,he's worth a look.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

When is the PSD?
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Next Wednesday I believe.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Tuesday 11th of December I believe actually.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Correct
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"