SOLLY AND JJ

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

SOLLY AND JJ

Post by mrredfox »

It has been reported that solly and jj have both been offered 1yr deals but both are seeking more.

Solly would still be a required player by other clubs and it looks more and more like he will be traded.

JJ had a bad start to the season but showed in the later half that he still has something to offer, but with the up and coming younger midfield his presence is not as heavily relied on. I for one hope JJ stays, has a good year and proves a few people wrong. I dont think too many clubs would be interested in JJ so his options may be limited to accepting the 1 yr deal or take his chances in the pre-season draft and maybe not ever play senior footy again.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

JJs second half of the year was sensational. If the club are serious, they'll offer him two to three and he'll stay.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

This topic was on old BT about 6-8 weeks ago so obviously nothings changed in that time.

Maybe that's a sign that the club is sticking to it's guns on this issue.

Even though JJ had a strong second half of the year, he is now at the stage where he is more injury prone and the club probably doesn't want to risk giving hin a two year deal and seeing him break down (a la Rioli).

Solly should biteb the bullet and take the one year and then rty and prove the club wrong.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

The question would be what would we get for Solomon? The answer sweet fa comes to mind.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

We must keep Solly. We need him. He is one of those rare players that when he plays he makes the team walk that little bit taller. He gets the tough jobs when Fletch doesn't play.

He needs to drop a few Kgs and he will be back to his best.

His last 2 pre seasons have been stuffed up with injury. If I was Solly I would take the 1 year on offer and play for another contract.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

it's hard to decide what to give them both but JJ should get 2 years and solomon 1 year is what i think should happen, gives JJ the confidence of his club and solomon gets the kick in the pants i think he needs
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BERT wrote:We must keep Solly. We need him. He is one of those rare players that when he plays he makes the team walk that little bit taller. He gets the tough jobs when Fletch doesn't play.

He needs to drop a few Kgs and he will be back to his best.

His last 2 pre seasons have been stuffed up with injury. If I was Solly I would take the 1 year on offer and play for another contract.
I agree. He needs to lose bulk. He has slowed, he's had knee issues and his torso is huge. The combo has slowed him substantially. The easiest thing to help would be to lose some bulk.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

JJ will get his 2 year deal. Sheeds said something along the lines of JJ earning his 2 year deal in the second half of the season.

I'd like to see Solly kept, but I think the 1 year deal should stand. His form has been fairly poor, and I think that Cole is a player who would be able to take his place in the team, but is quicker and has a better kick. He should take the 1 year deal.
Daniel.
DazMan32
Top Up Player

Post by DazMan32 »

JJ must be offered a 2 year deal. He deserves a little respect from the club.

If solly doesnt like the 1 year deal then trade him for whatever we can get and if no-one wants him delist him.

No where near worth a 2 year deal, and his undisiplined play is becoming ridiculous. Ive lost all respect for him as an AFL footballer. Great bloke dont get me wrong and is probably great around the club rooms, but on the park he is hurting us.

1 year or nothing i reckon, and even next year must smarten up if he wants to get a game.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

agreed. solly doesnt deserve to be negotiating for a longer contract.

JJ deserves better though.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

Look where JJ finished in the B&F after a foot injury Pre season.
He bleeds red and black.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

I reckon JJ deserves 2 years. He did win a B & F and he has been a fantastic servant of the club over the past few years.

Solomon on the other hand had to be talked out of leaving the club a few years ago and hasnt had a good season for a long time.

He could consider himself lucky being offered 1 year. Its a warning from the club that theyre not going to tolerate passengers on the list.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

give JJ two years already!