Yze

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Yze

Post by Gossy7 »

Yze to Geelong, Kingsley and 3rd rounder to Dees is the rumour!?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Geelong win out of that, even though Yze is hideously overrated by Melbourne supporters.

Kingsley should never get another game of AFL.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The problem for Kingsley is that Geelong always expected him to play as THE key forward when he is obviously more suited to a hff role getting taken by the 3rd or 4th defender.

You only have to look at his performances against the bombers to know he can play.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

I agree with Jimmy, Yze is a very overated player. He is never consitant with the games he plays, and is a long way off being one of the better midfielders/foward flanker as bruce or davey is.
If Geelong get rid of Kingsley, there is going to be even more pressure on Tom Hawkins to replace him as 'the key forward' and to perform at the highest level in his first year of AFL
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Id be dead set surprised if that trade was legit.

Geelong have an excellent midfield and two of the best small forwards going around. Surely their first and foremost priority would be to get another big man up forward.

They simply cannot realistically expect tom hawkins to step up into the no 1 or 2 forward role in his first season can they?

If I were Geelong I'd move heaven and earth to get Bradshaw over from Brissie.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Yze sums up Melbourne. Plays well when it's going there way but when the pressure is on they have more passangers than an Indian train carriage.

They will never win a flag with soft blokes like him, Green Johnston etc
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BERT wrote:Yze sums up Melbourne. Plays well when it's going there way but when the pressure is on they have more passangers than an Indian train carriage.

They will never win a flag with soft blokes like him, Green Johnston etc
My thoughts precisely, and i'd add Robertson, Wheatley, Moloney and White to that list. All blokes capable of playing outstanding footy, but do it so infrequently it doesn't matter.

But don't ever try telling that a Melbourne supporter; they'll try to rip your head off.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

BERT wrote:Yze sums up Melbourne. Plays well when it's going there way but when the pressure is on they have more passangers than an Indian train carriage.
Spot on Bert ...

I reckon the only reason Yze's been getting a game in recent times is to keep the continious Games streak going....

Mind you if I was Melbourne I wouldn't want Yze overtaking Stynes record
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The Dees don't really need Kingsley and aren't going to give up Yze to have him.
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Won't happen Yze won't leave Demons and cant Kingsley go in the PSD or am I mistaken and he has to be traded. A lil off the topic of Yze. But I think Kingsley should get another go at a club worth it. Might not be the nubmer 1 target forward bit harsh on a guy of his size, but would think that he is a handy forward. But who would get him, really depends on if he can go PSD or not.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Cant see it happening. Geelong have more than enough midfield small forward types as it is. Arent some of them struggling for opportunity.

As far as their big forward stocks go Nathan Ablett could be the goods so they wouldnt have to rely on Hawkins alone.

Dont think the Demons would give up Yze for Kingsley. Isnt Yze their vice-captain or in their leadership group?
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Doubt it will happen. Yze is over rated, kingsley is nothing special though. Melbourne probably getting the win because they get a pick.