Everitt OUT the door at Hawthorn

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

i dont think we want evertt, passed his best, nad I don't think we really need him, need other positions filled much more desperatly.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

mrredfox wrote:
spadera wrote:We would be stupid not to get Everitt.
We havent had a ruckman for a few years.
Getting the best tap ruckman in the league makes sense.

what is HIlle? Everitt is way past his best, he may be able to tap but his work around the ground is less than average. Stick with Hille and Laycock, Ryder will put on some beef over pre season and be used as pinch hitter. If we are aiming at a g/f in 3 years why get an old hack that will only last 2?
very good point BUT im feeling the buzz at essendon at the moment that they will give it a red hot go in 2007, injuries permitting of course

you may not agree but far out im full of hope for 2007
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I wouldn't mind seeing Spider swing past Essendon on his way to retirement. It would have to be a pick up in the PSD though. We could use someone like him to teach the lads how it's done in the middle, although Cartledge showed something in his last game.

If Everitt gets to PSD I'd expect Carlton would pick him up before we'd get the chance though, given there extreme lack of anything in that department.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. It could be more than coincidence that the club he has played at has finished at or near the bottom for the past five or six seasons.

He is past it and if the club wants Hille and Chook to develop then they need to be given room to establish themselves. Plus there is Ryder who should get more game time as he further develops and Cartledge needs to be given more game time to show whether he can make it or not. Bearing in mind ruckmen take longer to develop.

Getting Salmon and Allan set back Hille's development IMO.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I certainly wouldnt trade for him as I think we have other priorities ATM but If he is the best available at pick 2 in the PSD then I'd say take him.

Chook is injury prone, Ryder isnt ready and Cartlage may not be up to it. Like White from Melbourne this year, Hill would be a better player if he had the suport of another ruck and Everitt is a great tap ruck who can also go forward.

Everitt is also likely to still have 3 -4 years left in him barring injury if he is played in a ruck tandem rather than carrying the duties alone.

In addition, His contribution to the developement of Chook, maybe Cartlage (if he is still listed) and most importantly Ryder would be invaluable as he without doubt the best tap ruckman of the last 10 years.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Don't think Everett was very popular with fellow players at Whorethorn, but.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

He wasnt popular because he wanted to go to Sydney for his last two seasons. If he did come to us im sure he would be very happy and would get along with most of the boys at the dons.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

With Grant gone, Spider will go back to the Saints.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I was just about to post that Sismis.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Sismis wrote:With Grant gone, Spider will go back to the Saints.
Bookmark that.

Heard that a few weeks ago that St.Kilda were the club where all the interest was coming from.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Crowny wrote:Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. It could be more than coincidence that the club he has played at has finished at or near the bottom for the past five or six seasons.

He is past it and if the club wants Hille and Chook to develop then they need to be given room to establish themselves. Plus there is Ryder who should get more game time as he further develops and Cartledge needs to be given more game time to show whether he can make it or not. Bearing in mind ruckmen take longer to develop.

Getting Salmon and Allan set back Hille's development IMO.
I agree re: your development points.
However the reason players like Sam Mitchell look so good is coz Spida is tapping it down their throats.
But I still dont want him.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Actually I was reading somewhere that the unpopularity had to do with a few " sharp" financial outcomes that seemed to favour people "close" to him.
Sol wrote:He wasnt popular because he wanted to go to Sydney for his last two seasons. If he did come to us im sure he would be very happy and would get along with most of the boys at the dons.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

rama_fan wrote:
Sismis wrote:With Grant gone, Spider will go back to the Saints.
Bookmark that.

Heard that a few weeks ago that St.Kilda were the club where all the interest was coming from.
The funny thing is, that Thomas was interviewed by Triple M on Saturday and Quartermain, Taylor etc asked him "is there any possibility that Spider Everitt will be playing for the Saints next year" - Thomas took a moment long dramatic pause and stated a definitive- "No" which was greated with histerical laughter from the whole commentary team.

It appears now that Thomas may have been talking out of school as it will be him not "playing for St.Kilda next year".