OK...so who goes?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Rioli (retired), Solly (traded) Rama (hopefully on a mature rookie list)
delist Reynolds (surely) Bolton (enough is enough) Henno (his time has come) and that leaves another one....Peverill was on thin ice during the year but i think he may have just done enough to hold on.

Cartledge may be the one.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I know Im on my own here but keep Henno. We are screaming for a CHB and Hansen or Gumbleton are just going to leap into the role lie many believe. Henno played his best footy in 02/03 where did he play? CHB then Sheedy started f****** assing him around into the ruck and other stupid moves. Keep him and play him at CHB.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

boncer34 wrote:I know Im on my own here but keep Henno. We are screaming for a CHB and Hansen or Gumbleton are just going to leap into the role lie many believe. Henno played his best footy in 02/03 where did he play? CHB then Sheedy started f****** assing him around into the ruck and other stupid moves. Keep him and play him at CHB.
Yep, you are on your own. ;)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

boncer34 wrote:I know Im on my own here but keep Henno. We are screaming for a CHB and Hansen or Gumbleton are just going to leap into the role lie many believe. Henno played his best footy in 02/03 where did he play? CHB then Sheedy started f****** assing him around into the ruck and other stupid moves. Keep him and play him at CHB.
Oh bullshit. He did not play his best footy at CHB. His best footy was when he was injured, he made les mistakes.
Everybody keeps on talking about how good he was in 2001. Have a look at the players around him back then.

Henneman is ****** useless. If we want a CHB, we should just re-draft Cupido and put him at CHB, he would be much better than that f****** hack Henneman.

If he stays on the list it would be a dead set joke and show that Sheeds has gone completly senile and not willing to look to the future.

He has played 60 games and I have counted 3 good quarters.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Oh bullshit. He did not play his best footy at CHB. His best footy was when he was injured, he made les mistakes. Everybody keeps on talking about how good he was in 2001. Have a look at the players around him back then.

Henneman is ****** useless. If we want a CHB, we should just re-draft Cupido and put him at CHB, he would be much better than that f****** hack Henneman.

If he stays on the list it would be a dead set joke and show that Sheeds has gone completly senile and not willing to look to the future.
He has played 60 games and I have counted 3 good quarters.
Its not possible for him to play his best footy when he was injured because he didnt play. :roll: Yes I am aware of Ross's intentions with that comment but come on what else can I say? :P
Cupido wouldnt be better because he doesnt try as hard as Henno.
I still say its harsh to jump on Henno because he's being played horribly out of position. We allow other players some slack when it happens to them occasionally. It happens to Henno consistently and nothing is said in his defence, and that Ross buddy is bullshit.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Where is Hennemans best position? CHB, where he got carved up by Glen Jackovich a couple of years back? Where Sav Rocca kicked 5 on him in the first half?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:Where is Hennemans best position? CHB, where he got carved up by Glen Jackovich a couple of years back? Where Sav Rocca kicked 5 on him in the first half?
Jackovich? Probably one of the best footballers ever to play for the WCE and Rocca aint no slouch either.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

boncer34 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Where is Hennemans best position? CHB, where he got carved up by Glen Jackovich a couple of years back? Where Sav Rocca kicked 5 on him in the first half?
Jackovich? Probably one of the best footballers ever to play for the WCE and Rocca aint no slouch either.
Jackovich the forward, not the CHB. The one who did his knee twice yet still turned hennehack inside-out. While rocca is no slouch either, Henneman would get carved up by just about all the key forwards going around. Cant think of one that he might be able to beat.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Jackovich the forward, not the CHB. The one who did his knee twice yet still turned hennehack inside-out. While rocca is no slouch either, Henneman would get carved up by just about all the key forwards going around. Cant think of one that he might be able to beat.
Now your just getting technical :D
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: OK...so who goes?

Post by j-mac31 »

Filthy wrote:Cartlege is not "there" now that Chook has resigned and McKinnon is bigger, taller and older is therefore more experienced, so if if Hille/Chook had a LTI he could come up.
McKninnon is actually younger than Cartledge. Laycock gets injured all of the time. Hille is so overrated I feel like crying.

When Cartledge was given some decent game time, he showed serious potential, which Hille has never done IMO. Apparently tap ruckmen take longer to develop. But here's the compelling argument - so many people here say Bradley is "only 20" (nearly 21) and thus can't be written off yet. Cartledge is only 5 months older, you can't have it both ways.

Keep Carts.

Bye bye Henno, Bolton, Reynolds & Pev (too many slow, poor disposal midfielders) to go with the Rioli and Rama (whether he's a rookie or not).
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Re: OK...so who goes?

Post by AnarchicBomber »

j-mac wrote:
Filthy wrote:Cartlege is not "there" now that Chook has resigned and McKinnon is bigger, taller and older is therefore more experienced, so if if Hille/Chook had a LTI he could come up.
Hille is so overrated I feel like crying.

When Cartledge was given some decent game time, he showed serious potential, which Hille has never done IMO.
Pretty amazing that a guy who has never shown any serious potential was named captain of the club.

That, or your above statement is ridiculous. We'll let BTers be the judge.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

My spidey senses tell me Reynolds will be arsed, however Henno and Bolts will be kept on. We'll just end up booting a heap of kids who never really got a crack and still hold onto the players everyone else wants out.

In saying that I expect at least half of those players will really step up next season. Including either Bolts or Henno, but not both...

That's my premonition for the night ;)
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

I'd keep Cartledge. My theory is that with Ryder young, and Laycock injury prone, you need someone with some years on their body as backup to Hille.

If you delist Cartledge, we don't want to use a high pick on his replacement since we've got Hille, and effectively past picks #7 and #10 in Ryder & Laycock. So all you really want is backup, and at that cheap backup. So if we delist Cartledge, we'll only use one of picks #42 or #47 on the back-up ruckmen.

Personally, for a ruck, I'd prefer to have a guy who has had a few years in the system as backup rather than someone who was drafted this year at #42 or #47.

There is also the advantage that if Cartledge comes on, you'd be able to trade him next year. Also, you'd only need to keep him around for one year, and then with Ryder being a bit older and hopefully Laycock playing you could delist him then.

On a side note, I actually think Cartledge has a bit of potential, and I'd note that tap ruckmen (which is what Cartledge is if anything) take a while to come on. However, even if I didn't think he was going to be anything more than filler, I'd still prefer him as backup for a year than someone who's drafted at picks #42 or #47.

Also, Cartledge was taken as a 17yr old with pick #30. I'd give him a little more time. We could delist him and rookie him, but if Hille and one or Ryder are injured for a little bit, having spare ruckmen on the rookie list won't help any.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Megan wrote:players will really step up next season. Including either Bolts or Henno, but not both...

That's my premonition for the night ;)
I see you have hit the bottle rather early tonight.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Rosso, who said I stopped hitting it all season, the way we've been playing?; )
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

I agree with all of the players that people are bantering around for delisting. Henno, Reynolds, Bolts, and maybe Pev. With the others obvious absentees being Solly, Rama and Rioli. But with some of the talk on here about passing on some draft picks makes me feel physically ill!!!!! This is supposed to be a super draft full of awesomely talented kids. Surely we have to use ALL of our picks and fill our lists with these kids. Has to be better than re-drafting has beens like Cupido, etc. Getting 7 of the most talented kids in the country onto our list has to be a good thing!!!!!!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I agree with antcl. I can't really see why so many of you want to delist Cartledge. Whilst he hasn't done anything fantastic yet, there does appear to be some potential there at least.

Megan - I really hope you're wrong (that we delist mainly young players who haven't been given a go and hang on to older players who still haven't shown anything). But, like you, I have this nagging suspicion that this is exactly what might happen. Hope we're BOTH wrong!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rioli, Solly and Rama all gone.

Reynolds, Cartledge and Henneman would have to be gone the last one will come from Bolton, Pev and Lee. Nash and Johns are safe but out of contract along with McPhee.

I don't think Jolley will be elevated as we need the space for the kids from the draft. Hocking and Firman should be kept as 2nd year rookies.

Now that Solly has gone i think Bolts will stay for at least another year. Will we have 2 picks on the PS draft or just the one??