Franklin

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Franklin

Post by bomberdonnie »

The Hawks have denied it so it can't be true
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Given where he's come from,I sincerely hope he hasn't REGALLY SCREWED UP.But the longer this DRAGS ON,the WORSE IT LOOKS,....... :( #-o :oops:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

apparantly the media know whats going on but the AFL have told them if anyone says anything then they will be without a job, Andy D and whoever are still working it all out trying to determine whether the stuff found in his car when pulled over will constitute a 3rd strike or not. AFL told Hawks he can't play until they decide what to do

that's the updated story my boss's "connected" mate told him today

the fact Andy D came out and gave buddy a push to sue for defamation if he felt need be, just says to me that there is something serious going on
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:apparantly the media know whats going on but the AFL have told them if anyone says anything then they will be without a job, Andy D and whoever are still working it all out trying to determine whether the stuff found in his car when pulled over will constitute a 3rd strike or not. AFL told Hawks he can't play until they decide what to do

that's the updated story my boss's "connected" mate told him today

the fact Andy D came out and gave buddy a push to sue for defamation if he felt need be, just says to me that there is something serious going on
So if he plays this week and we hear nothing the whole matter must be over then?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

whenever he plays will mean the end of it you would have to assume, regardless of what went on if anything
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Names this weekend, so assuming that he is fine and it was nothing.

Even if he was, its a stupid rule. Sports should only be concerned if a player is taking performance enchancing drugs. Otherwise its a players stupid fault putting himself at a disadvantage.

fwiw I reckon there has always been some sort of supplement(legal or otherwise) culture at the hawks. When they play.(Although I stress that I do not think they would be doing anything illegal). they look awfully pumped up and a few of em carry awfully glazed looks across their faces when they play. Sort of same look you see amongst certain high flying types.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

little_ripper wrote:Names this weekend, so assuming that he is fine and it was nothing.

Even if he was, its a stupid rule. Sports should only be concerned if a player is taking performance enchancing drugs. Otherwise its a players stupid fault putting himself at a disadvantage.
fwiw I reckon there has always been some sort of supplement(legal or otherwise) culture at the hawks. When they play.(Although I stress that I do not think they would be doing anything illegal). they look awfully pumped up and a few of em carry awfully glazed looks across their faces when they play. Sort of same look you see amongst certain high flying types.
Agreed
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gossy7 wrote:
little_ripper wrote:Names this weekend, so assuming that he is fine and it was nothing.

Agreed
SO the AFL should overlook all criminal activity by its players then.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

j-mac31 wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:

Agreed
SO the AFL should overlook all criminal activity by its players then.
That's a stretch. If you want to make that comparison, what you'd be suggesting is that the AFL should actively look for other criminal activity. Which is absurd as it sounds. Although the AFL sure like to act like God, they are not the police.