Ben Cousins

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Ben Cousins

Post by Gyoza » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:12 am

Winning yet again. Time to lock him up before he hurts someone through his stupidity?
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Ben Cousins

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:24 am

The guy is a complete f****** wreck. Another Ice casualty. This won't end well.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:35 am

Hey Vlad, how's West Coast's duty of care to Ben Cousins going?

Clearly they had to of known of his issues long before it blew up, but as long as he was able to run out week in and week out and help them win a Flag, which they did in 2006, they did not give a shit and did not lift a finger to help him.

The culture that was clearly in place at the club when he got there (think Chris Mainwaring) certainly would have been a significant factor in creating the issues he is facing today.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:15 pm

BenDoolan wrote:The guy is a complete f****** wreck. Another Ice casualty. This won't end well.
Indeed.

Given he's no longer in the AFL, the media should leave him alone.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 pm

I really feel for him, he's obviously got many issues to deal with. He needs all the support he can get.

Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:50 pm

In this day of preoccupation with drug use and the AFL... Cousins is a great example of what CAN happen when clubs ignore the culture.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:01 pm

It really is a shame that this is what he will be remembered for.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:52 pm

robrulz5 wrote:It really is a shame that this is what he will be remembered for.
Just like Mainwaring, Mullane and many others...so much talent, so much ability, so much stupidity...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:18 am

This lad must want to rename himself Benny Hill,with all the running around he's been doing lately,almost shirtless.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Oh, hello again. Yes, it's that time again. The time where Benny gets high as a kite and does some stupid things. And the time again where the authorities somehow let this f****** menace get away with it with another "check into your local fruit cake shop and you'll be right" response. I guess he's on his 25th last chance now...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:16 pm

You could never expect the Spainish Inquisition here,with the many Last Chances Benny C gets! :roll:

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:25 am

grassy1 wrote:You could never expect the Spainish Inquisition here,with the many Last Chances Benny C gets! :roll:
I think he's in competition with Daniel Kerr to see how many VRO's they can ignore

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 pm

ealesy wrote:Hey Vlad, how's West Coast's duty of care to Ben Cousins going?

Clearly they had to of known of his issues long before it blew up, but as long as he was able to run out week in and week out and help them win a Flag, which they did in 2006, they did not give a shit and did not lift a finger to help him.

The culture that was clearly in place at the club when he got there (think Chris Mainwaring) certainly would have been a significant factor in creating the issues he is facing today.
The way Ben is going sadly he'll be catching up with Chris sooner rather than later.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:37 am

Up or Downstairs? :-"

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:42 pm

BenDoolan wrote:Oh, hello again. Yes, it's that time again. The time where Benny gets high as a kite and does some stupid things. And the time again where the authorities somehow let this f****** menace get away with it with another "check into your local fruit cake shop and you'll be right" response. I guess he's on his 25th last chance now...
Couple of things that others might have noticed also... at the end of every footy season Ben seems to go off on a bender and also at other times. Footy was structure for him. Putting him in jail won't stop him using and in most states, there are more drugs in jails, than outside.
I am not one who believes in harm immunization as a part of a drug program. People get clean from being clean, not from being half clean. There are plenty of people around whose system cannot tolerate any alcohol or drugs legal and illegal. And; it has become too simple and socially acceptable to blame addiction for just plain, old, bad behaviour.

Everyone has a their own story about their personal pain and suffering. If you want your life to change then you have to implement change and the way you respond to the things that happen in your life. We can't control everything that happens in our world and its foolish to think we can. Anyone can make people be compliant, by standing over them, manipulating or using emotional blackmail and intimidating them in some way but; you cannot make them internally cooperative. Only the person themselves can make that change. The truth is, that many hurt people, often hurt other people and then hurt themselves some more.

I wonder, if Ben needs intensive compulsory rehabilitation and why no one such as his family medico's have not stepped in and suggested this (Like a section 42 under the Queensland Mental Health Act. That is you are institutionalised for your own safety and the safety of the community for up to 12 months. There was also a pretty good follow up daily, weekly, monthly, program and supervision afterwards.) Meaning no one can get out until a team of Doctors/Psychiatrists (they use to be more thorough than the Parole Board, thank goodness) family are consulted and listened to, until the results are on the board, say you are fit, healthy and of sound mind. If you try to break free and break out, the Police will be notified and you will be arrested under the Act, bought back and have to start all over again. And; while you are inside, you can actually learn a thing or two about yourself. Your destructive patterns and way of being, mental/emotional triggers and behaviours etc. It is a lock up hospital with bars on the windows/doors but like a MOTEL ON THE INSIDE. ALL programs are compulsory not discretionary.

While your needs are being met by using bad or inappropriate behaviour, why would anyone bother changing their behaviour? Until self awareness happens, no one changes their behaviour long term. The same old, same old, continues to continue....terrible for everyone involved, wife, children and family. I've got my piece of paper which says I am sane but I don't know about the rest of you bastards out there..................

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 pm

The way he is going,he'll end up having someone collect a piece of paper,that Certifies Eternity! :(

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:58 am

grassy1 wrote:The way he is going,he'll end up having someone collect a piece of paper,that Certifies Eternity!

:(
Sadly a death certificate, most likely.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:15 am

Obviously learnt a lot,from his mate,Mainwaring's passing,eh? :roll:

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:00 am

mdso wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Oh, hello again. Yes, it's that time again. The time where Benny gets high as a kite and does some stupid things. And the time again where the authorities somehow let this f****** menace get away with it with another "check into your local fruit cake shop and you'll be right" response. I guess he's on his 25th last chance now...
Couple of things that others might have noticed also... at the end of every footy season Ben seems to go off on a bender and also at other times. Footy was structure for him. Putting him in jail won't stop him using and in most states, there are more drugs in jails, than outside.
I am not one who believes in harm immunization as a part of a drug program. People get clean from being clean, not from being half clean. There are plenty of people around whose system cannot tolerate any alcohol or drugs legal and illegal. And; it has become too simple and socially acceptable to blame addiction for just plain, old, bad behaviour.

Everyone has a their own story about their personal pain and suffering. If you want your life to change then you have to implement change and the way you respond to the things that happen in your life. We can't control everything that happens in our world and its foolish to think we can. Anyone can make people be compliant, by standing over them, manipulating or using emotional blackmail and intimidating them in some way but; you cannot make them internally cooperative. Only the person themselves can make that change. The truth is, that many hurt people, often hurt other people and then hurt themselves some more.

I wonder, if Ben needs intensive compulsory rehabilitation and why no one such as his family medico's have not stepped in and suggested this (Like a section 42 under the Queensland Mental Health Act. That is you are institutionalised for your own safety and the safety of the community for up to 12 months. There was also a pretty good follow up daily, weekly, monthly, program and supervision afterwards.) Meaning no one can get out until a team of Doctors/Psychiatrists (they use to be more thorough than the Parole Board, thank goodness) family are consulted and listened to, until the results are on the board, say you are fit, healthy and of sound mind. If you try to break free and break out, the Police will be notified and you will be arrested under the Act, bought back and have to start all over again. And; while you are inside, you can actually learn a thing or two about yourself. Your destructive patterns and way of being, mental/emotional triggers and behaviours etc. It is a lock up hospital with bars on the windows/doors but like a MOTEL ON THE INSIDE. ALL programs are compulsory not discretionary.

While your needs are being met by using bad or inappropriate behaviour, why would anyone bother changing their behaviour? Until self awareness happens, no one changes their behaviour long term. The same old, same old, continues to continue....terrible for everyone involved, wife, children and family. I've got my piece of paper which says I am sane but I don't know about the rest of you bastards out there..................
Looks like that sick bastard in Brisbane slipped through the mental health cracks...

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:38 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
mdso wrote:

Looks like that sick bastard in Brisbane slipped through the mental health cracks...
Cracks? There is nothing to crack it is an enormous hole.