Congratulations Dawgs!

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Congratulations Dawgs!

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:17 am

So did Sydney put their immediate Premiership Ambitions ahead of his Welfare?

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:03 am

I am not watching the wrong game. I have watched this game for almost 50 years and I haven't seen a more biased performance by umpires ever. You watch they will become the new Hawthorn who can do no wrong.

Sorry I am not a person that has the Bulldogs as my second team. To be honest I don't like them at all and never have. So why do I have to be happy for them?

I have criticised their free run with free kicks all year. As the Cinderella team they have been well and truly looked after in regards umpiring this year.

At one stage the free kick count was 17 - 4. I could understand it being 4 for the Swans if it was say 8 to the Dogs or 17 to the Dogs and 12 to the Swans. I.e. they are paying a lot of frees either way or not paying frees either way.

Don't tell me some frees don't influence results because they do especially in tight games.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Actually keep going with this Arguement MH,because it gives me an excuse to Say the Dockers Reserves(Peel or Peelmantle)got the Free Kick Count 19 - 6 in their Favour.No danger the Authorities wanted a Freo Flag,err I mean a Peel Flag,at any cost,was there?! 8) :twisted: 8)

As for the Doggies,yeah,they're my second AFL Club and with all the shitty luck they have had,especially in Preliminary Finals,something had to happen their way for once.

A bit like the Cats between '64 - '06.A stack of Losses in the Grand Final,be it bad luck,playing against Champion Clubs,shooting themselves in the foot or paws.Any way they could cock it up,they did,even with Gary Ablett Snr,terrorising us all,kicking 10 Goals plus Frequently,but in a losing team.

It all fell into place beautifully in 2007,with 3 Thumping Wins!

A bit like the Doggies,though in s slightly different context.4 Wins of a variety of margins,NO ONE expected them to Win,let alone the First one.Most of us thought,they were Dead in the water,with too many injuries,cruelling their chances once again!

The Swans weren't disgraced.That's of little consolation to the Red and White Faithfull,but they can hold their heads up high.They busted their buns,got a bit of a rough ride on the Free Kick Count,but the Doggies were just that bit more desperate in the Final 15 Minutes.The Swans played a great part in a great game.Tell hubby,better luck next year. :wink:

Footnote - I Especially Loved their Win over the Egirls!Bewdifull! :twisted: 8) =D> [-X vingertje

Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Ever! haha Jesus Christ.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:56 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:I am not watching the wrong game. I have watched this game for almost 50 years and I haven't seen a more biased performance by umpires ever. You watch they will become the new Hawthorn who can do no wrong.
I have. It mainly involved games in Sydney for the Swans.
Sorry I am not a person that has the Bulldogs as my second team. To be honest I don't like them at all and never have. So why do I have to be happy for them?
You don't. It's obvious that the Swans are your second team. Hence the bias you have for them.
I have criticised their free run with free kicks all year. As the Cinderella team they have been well and truly looked after in regards umpiring this year.
Perhaps they earned their free kicks? Or do you think they were charity?
At one stage the free kick count was 17 - 4. I could understand it being 4 for the Swans if it was say 8 to the Dogs or 17 to the Dogs and 12 to the Swans. I.e. they are paying a lot of frees either way or not paying frees either way.
Is there a rule that says free kick counts must be even - or close to it? Instead of looking at the number of frees, how about explaining the ones that were wrong or missed. I agree the slide in rule decisions were wrong. But they also missed a lot of holding the ball decisions which the Swans benefitted from. Even Chris Scott mentioned it after their loss to the Swans (and I believe you called him a sook - much of which you're doing now...)
Don't tell me some frees don't influence results because they do especially in tight games.
Yeah, they do. The simple thing is, don't infringe, and those free kicks won't make a difference...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Its okay everyone you will all see what I am on about when we are the recipient of getting royally crucified in a crucial game against the new love child of the universe.

I don't really have a second team but I was sympathetic to the Swans cause yesterday because of my other half's support of them.

I don't expect the free count to be even and in my example of what you might expect I mentioned ratios that were still decidedly uneven i.e. 8 to 4 or 17 to 12. However, when the count is 17 to 4 in an even game I ask questions.

I reckon the umpiring had been pretty good throughout the finals series until yesterday.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Love Child with the People maybe.

That Awfull Mob in AFL House are probably still brooding about the One that Got Away,the week before. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

McLachlan threw out a line about Byes to make his mob feel better about themselves

Boo hoo Gil,the Premiers weren't GWS.Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that,the A League best send a few kegs down to Doggieland for protecting their Investment,the West SYDNEY Wanderers. 8)

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm rapt for the Doggies and celebrated hard

But unless you are totally ignorant to the rules of the game there is no way you can argue that the Dogs didn't get a bit of a free ride.

But as I'm in the GO THE f****** DOGGIES camp it didn't bother me in the slightest.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Do the Umps pay Frees for In the Back anymore?

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:53 pm

grassy1 wrote:Do the Umps pay Frees for In the Back anymore?
Nope. Just as they don't pay holding the ball...or taking out the legs by sliding in...or throwing the ball...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:36 pm

BenDoolan wrote:That was an absolute corker of a game. Unbelievable result. Dogs win flag from 7th position...has that ever been done before? I don't think so. But they earned and deserved this flag. Beat West Coast in WA. Beat the reigning premier. Then beat GWS in Sydney. And this today =D> =D> =D>

Ryan Griffen must be rapt :lol:

Tom Boyd was huge today. Liam Picken also. Josh Kennedy was a Norm Smith Medallist if the Swans got up.

The pressure within every contest was unreal. Would easily be my favourite GF since 2000.
In the end they made Sydney look - second best.

Best game of footy I've seen in a long, long time. Well deserved, enjoy living the dream boys.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:10 pm

I was most definitely not on the Bulldogs Bandwagon.

First I don't understand getting into another team as much as so many people did. Then there was everyone jumping on to the extent that they were acting as though their team was winning and it got worse each week of the finals. There the was the final double whammy of everyone assuming that we were all on the Bulldogs Bandwagon and telling us how we all were, even though a select few weren't.

I consider myself a dick, but was called "contrarian" several times on Saturday/Sunday, which is probably a nicer way of putting it.

f*** 'em.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:08 pm

j-mac31 wrote:I was most definitely not on the Bulldogs Bandwagon.

First I don't understand getting into another team as much as so many people did. Then there was everyone jumping on to the extent that they were acting as though their team was winning and it got worse each week of the finals. There the was the final double whammy of everyone assuming that we were all on the Bulldogs Bandwagon and telling us how we all were, even though a select few weren't.

I consider myself a dick, but was called "contrarian" several times on Saturday/Sunday, which is probably a nicer way of putting it.

f*** 'em.
i feel the exact same way you do, except i dont consider myself a dick.

i dont care for the dogs (or the swans for thatmatter), but people here saying you should be happy for them??? why? i dont care at all about them or their drought.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:34 pm

j-mac31 wrote:

f*** 'em.
They don't call me Mary Mary Quite Contrary for nothing. Yeah I hear you.

I was happy they got rid of Hawthorn and glad they actually made it to the GF but the way people carried on it was as if their team was there and actively barracked as such. I AM happy for their true blue supporters that have basically stuck by them through thick and thin.

We need to harness a black and red level of fanaticism to push our own club forward especially after what we have endured over the last 4 years.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 pm

j-mac31 wrote:I was most definitely not on the Bulldogs Bandwagon.

f*** 'em.
I'm the same. I can watch non Essendon games without any emotion. I just enjoyed the games. I don't get how people can choose a team for the finals. I hate all other clubs but I'm bitter and hold grudges and every club has pissed me off at some stage. Especially in the last 4 years. I will never forgive or forget Gordon doing the AFL's bidding after Hird, Thompson and co were charged.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:12 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:My other half is a Swans supporter so I was watching the game from their perspective. I wasn't aware that it was compulsory to jump on the biggest bandwagon in history. I don't begrudge their supporters some joy but I really think there is something seriously anomalous for a team not to even get one free kick in an entire half of football in a game that was in the balance most of the time.

If you are okay with lopsided and biased umpiring precedences please dont complain if it us (the bad drug cheats) that will be on the wrong side of this in the future. As David Zakarakis commented apparently the side in rule doesnt exist.
I agree the free kick count was definitely lop sided. In fact, I thought the umpiring was very confusing. Exactly what were they paying a free for??? There were several head high tackles and no free. I wonder if the players were as confused as some of us were? I bet the umpires won't be as relaxed when we are playing with a full team again. We'll get pulled up right, left and centre.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.