It's been a big stoney week in football!

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
F111
Essendon Legend

It's been a big stoney week in football!

Post by F111 »

Yaran. Admits he smoked ice in 2016.

Buttress. Admits he made disastrous decisions under the influence of etoh and cocaine.Go Saints. Their comments might be interesting.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: It's been a big stoney week in football!

Post by s'dreams »

Don't mention Yarran .... some goose in here will suggest recruiting him.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am Don't mention Yarran .... some goose in here will suggest recruiting him.
I'd like to commend him for coming out like he did. Good luck to him, hope he has a trouble free life from now on and is able to do good things.

But this goes to the AFL in general. You're aware of this issue. You choose to hide the problem by bracketing it as a "mental health issue" and not a drug issue. He was on the gear while playing. That is against S6 of the WADA code. This is a fact. How this continues to be ignored is beyond me. Either the testing regime (in competition) is a total farce, or they are deliberately ignoring a breach against the code. That is corruption at its best.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

All of that Ben.

If they didn't know at Carlton, all the staff must have been walking around with their eyes closed. It was apparently pretty obvious, he was in a bad way. How he wasn't reported to the AFL or ASADA by someone is a miracle. Part of the deal, maybe? How he was playing on the stuff, unbelievable!

Good on him for turning his life around - not many can or do. The AFL ought to give him a position in the integrity squad. He would certainly have the runs on the board in terms of being able to get the sniff if its out there and do some good work in the community.

Good luck Chris.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 am
s'dreams wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am Don't mention Yarran .... some goose in here will suggest recruiting him.
I'd like to commend him for coming out like he did. Good luck to him, hope he has a trouble free life from now on and is able to do good things.

But this goes to the AFL in general. You're aware of this issue. You choose to hide the problem by bracketing it as a "mental health issue" and not a drug issue. He was on the gear while playing. That is against S6 of the WADA code. This is a fact. How this continues to be ignored is beyond me. Either the testing regime (in competition) is a total farce, or they are deliberately ignoring a breach against the code. That is corruption at its best.
Whatever you do don't mention the war :wink: :lol: