How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers

Post by grassy1 »

On the Back of the AFL Commission threatening to delay AFL action at the new Perth Stadium for a year or worse,if the State Government didn't give this greedy Mib a share of other sports' stadium profits and not putting a cent towards it's construction,I quite literally stumbled into an article I have read before.

Called how the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers,the article by Gregg Easterbrook of The Atlantic,provided for sobering reading about the NFL,but then got me thinking as to why the AFL spent so much time in the USA.They get inspiration about their their many harebrained ideas from the US,but worse still,inspiration on how to badger governments for a greedy cut,at great expense to others.

Hope the WA State Government holds their line and doesn't buckle to a bunch of Greedy,blackmailing bunch of Bullies.I'd be very interested to see if that AWFULL mob really would send their matches back to Subiaco Oval(or Domain Stadium).

Don't know if this link will work,but here goes,......

theatlantic.com/m...taxpayers/309448/
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers

Post by grassy1 »

Deal reached at the New Stadium.

A lot of Backslapping going on between the WA Government,the WA Football Commission,West Coast,Fremantle and AFL Chairman,Richard Goyder.

Seems pretty Smug if you ask me.I don't mind footy getting it's Fair Share.But what's the Catch I wonder(to Taxpayers),given the AFL Commission put barely a Red Cent towards the building of this new Stadium of our's?!

BankWest Stadium or Optus Park?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Been doing quite a bit of reading from 1 Peter Fitzsimons,in light of this issue being drawn to my attention on Offsiders today.

Short of barely hearing a word about what the NSW Government's intentions were with Stadiums,I got my teeth into Fitz's opinion pieces on 3 Stadiums being bowled over and rebuilt,at a Cost to the Taxpayer of $2Billion.

Now it could be that many consider Fitzsimins to be a Sanctimonious,Granny Herald,Left Wing Windbag(A big like myself I confess :roll: ),re-reading a Gregg Easterbrook article or 2 on NFL excess,I tend to believe Firzsimons is on the Right Track,allowing for Richard Hind's alternative viewpoint on the ABC Website.

But the critical issue for me,is how Governments approach this Issue of Stadium Building and Government Spending and right now the NSW Government is in the Gun.

The Premier seems to be digging her heels in,against the advice of even her own Ministers,such as the State Treasurer and Finance Minister and possibly a brewing Backbench Revolt,but is forging ahead anyway,backed by News Limited Editors or Journalists.

Will her stance pay off?

Crazyman,what do you think?

Lastly,I wonder if Fitzsimons is aware of Gregg Easterbrook and his NFL articles?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Be curious to know,if our State Government sacrificed a few Million to those Blackmailing,Leaching C**ts at AFL House,after the latter mob threatened to take their Bat and Ball and stomp back to Subi Oval,when the 2 Parties were at a Stalemate,over a deal with the New Stadium.

Sacrificed Millions at the expense of a place like Landsdale Farm,an Education Farm that lost $100 000 in annual funding,by our Cost Slashing State Government.

I don't mind Governments making Savings,but not at the cost of places like Landsdale Farm,a very popular place with kids and guys with Disabilities,as well as the General Public.

And certainly NOT to benefit Bloodsucking,Blackmailing,Sporting Organisations that Don't contribute a Red Cent to building the new Stadium.

My Goodness.I wonder where a Certain Sporting body or 3 in the Country are getting their lessons from?A few trips to the US might lend a clue or 2.

:-" :roll: :-& :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just to Round off my spiel on Big Sporting Organisations v the Taxpayer for the time being,just hope the WACA doesn't get a Red Cent of the $50Million it hopes to get from the State Government,.with all the cutbacks going on.

Get the money from Corporate sources Miss
Mathews(WACA CEO).
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

New Stadium had it's Public Launch on Sunday.

Sounded all hunky dorey.

Now,what's the catch?! :-"

Crazyman,I've been keenly following Fitzy's articles on your Premier's 3 Stadiums Debacle.

Seems like she's pressing on though,without worrying about the Cost to the NSW Taxpayers though.She seems to think the returns will be worth Bowling over 3 Perfectly good
Stadiums,to rebuild them all over again.

Over in the US,ever so curious about how much it cost Californian Taxpayers to build the Collossus,the LA Rams are heading for?!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Following Dan the Man’s proposed Stadium Ca$hFlash and a somewhat Cloudy picture on just exactly how much the AFL is contributing to this(and with Stadiums they happen to own),I suggest now is the time,for the Humble Victorian Taxpayer make themselves familiar with Greg Easterbrook.

Toss in Fitzy(Peter Fitzsimons)to fill all of us in on NSW Stadium matters and the picture becomes clearer on just how much,the public at large,might be taken for a ride.