Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:45 am

Apparently the AFL have released some figurines of leading players for each Club?

Why not go back to the past on these and release some consisting of Club Legends?

Reckon the Clubs might clean up if that were to happen and might make the young ones of today a little more aware of who created their Club’s past History and Success!

In our case,you’d have for starters(and these guys are my favourites) -

John Coleman
Dick Reynolds
Bill Hutchison
Norm McDonald
Gordon Lane
Jack Clarke
Ian Shelton
Ken Fraser
Kevin Sheedy(Coach Figurine)
Simon Madden
Tim Watson
Terry Daniher
Bill Duckworth
Kevin Walsh
Mark Harvey
Gary O’Donnell
Michael Long
James Hird
Joe Misiti
Mark Mercuri

......and so on.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:01 pm

I wouldn’t mind getting some. Are they around $80 a pop?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:02 am

I honestly don’t know mate.

I was simply more interested in the Retro Aspect,that each Club could sell for the History Buffs!

I loved Longy,but I wouldn’t mind having a Normie McDonald Figerine,as well as Longy’s. :D

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:02 am
I honestly don’t know mate.

I was simply more interested in the Retro Aspect,that each Club could sell for the History Buffs!

I loved Longy,but I wouldn’t mind having a Normie McDonald Figerine,as well as Longy’s. :D
John Coleman would be a good one to get!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Oh yeah,Coley for Sure! =D>

Don’t think there’d be any for Willie Dick though,even though we loved Wilbur Post over here! :lol:

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:15 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:39 pm
Oh yeah,Coley for Sure! =D>

Don’t think there’d be any for Willie Dick though,even though we loved Wilbur Post over here! :lol:
Willie Dick, well there’s a name! Whatever happened to him? Was supposed to be a dynamo.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 am

Haven’t seen him much these days.I believe he was at a Perth Home Game this year,for a Past Players’ Reunion.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:53 am

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 am
Haven’t seen him much these days.I believe he was at a Perth Home Game this year,for a Past Players’ Reunion.
Just curious Grassy, why Wilbur Post?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:43 pm

I’d have to ask the fella who calls him that,Windy.It’ll be a while before I see him.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:50 am

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:43 pm
I’d have to ask the fella who calls him that,Windy.It’ll be a while before I see him.
Interesting one. Bit of a cryptic nickname. Mister Ed - Head... Dick - Head?

:?:

Long bow to draw, but that’s all I got! :lol:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Steady on with the Dickhead thing.

Willy ain’t that,I can tell you.

A Short Term Australian Kangaroo Captain Might fight that bill,eh Greg(Inglis)?! :evil:

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:31 pm
Steady on with the Dickhead thing.

Willy ain’t that,I can tell you.

A Short Term Australian Kangaroo Captain Might fight that bill,eh Greg(Inglis)?! :evil:
Hahaha, classic! :lol:

In line with it, it still ponders much! That buddy of yours needs to come up with it! Could it be a thing about architects? Post??

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:47 am

Well,unless I bump into him at a Christmas Party,I probably won’t see him until late March or early April.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:43 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:47 am
Well,unless I bump into him at a Christmas Party,I probably won’t see him until late March or early April.
It’s just a curiosity that’s all. Something happened that made him return home from memory. Had big raps on him but never fulfilled that extonation

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am

I can only guess that nickname derived from Mr Ed.

Yeah,a pity it didn’t work out and it showed when he played for us in ‘93,compared to his great form in ‘91.

There was more attention paid to the new kid on the block at Lathlain,Winston Abraham.

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am
I can only guess that nickname derived from Mr Ed.

Yeah,a pity it didn’t work out and it showed when he played for us in ‘93,compared to his great form in ‘91.

There was more attention paid to the new kid on the block at Lathlain,Winston Abraham.
Well that’s an utter disgrace :evil:

Why on earth would they recruit him to the club if they didn’t intend on allowing his needs?

The administration must have been complete bollock jugglers back in the day.....

[-(

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am

I meant the fans and supporters Windy.

But yes,the Pres(better known for association with Placid Ark)and some of his cohorts weren’t exactly flash administrators.

More later,...

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:48 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am
I meant the fans and supporters Windy.

But yes,the Pres(better known for association with Placid Ark)and some of his cohorts weren’t exactly flash administrators.

More later,...
Any word on this Grass?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by grassy1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Just that our Well connected President in Race circles,had a big stake in Placid Ark.He also lead the push internally to have the Club relocated from Lathlain to Canning Vale.The Motion was defeated.

His successor got up to more sneaky ways to try it on,such as getting an awfull lot of postal support out of thin air to get the motion up,after getting the Presidency the same way. :roll:

As for Willy,the Club somehow overlooked his 150 games to get him Automatic Life Membership,when for some reason one P.Bosustow got it and hadn’t qualified.That was an arrangement of convenience when that happened, :roll: Most supporters believed the Board got him that to shut him up in the local Media.

That worked a treat,I don’t think. :roll:

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Figurines?How about a Retro Look?

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:41 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:24 pm
Just that our Well connected President in Race circles,had a big stake in Placid Ark.He also lead the push internally to have the Club relocated from Lathlain to Canning Vale.The Motion was defeated.

His successor got up to more sneaky ways to try it on,such as getting an awfull lot of postal support out of thin air to get the motion up,after getting the Presidency the same way. :roll:

As for Willy,the Club somehow overlooked his 150 games to get him Automatic Life Membership,when for some reason one P.Bosustow got it and hadn’t qualified.That was an arrangement of convenience when that happened, :roll: Most supporters believed the Board got him that to shut him up in the local Media.

That worked a treat,I don’t think. :roll:
That’s a snub if ever there was one.

A challenge should be lodged with the board. Disgrace.

Post Reply