2018 AFL Finals Series

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2018 AFL Finals Series

Post by grassy1 »

At the risk of getting myself barred from 6PR,I have sent a multitude of texts bagging the tripe out Eagles and Dockers fans,the WAFC,the AFL Commission,WA’s Sports Minister,6PR and despite the Whinging,Neil Mitchell for getting involved in the No show bulldust in the 1st place! :roll:

Oh well,off to Sport FM I guess. 8) :lol:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:48 pm At the risk of getting myself barred from 6PR,I have sent a multitude of texts bagging the tripe out Eagles and Dockers fans,the WAFC,the AFL Commission,WA’s Sports Minister,6PR and despite the Whinging,Neil Mitchell for getting involved in the No show bulldust in the 1st place! :roll:

Oh well,off to Sport FM I guess. 8) :lol:
Is this what Ray Hadley was banging on about?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Don’t know about Hadley’s banging ons until I see Mediawatch a week or 2 after he opens his Mouth.

I heard it from Ex Ump Gareth Parker on Singo’s Perth Station,6PR.

Something tells me this was one big wind up and even I fell for it,Hook,Line and Sinker! #-o :roll: :lol:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 pm Don’t know about Hadley’s banging ons until I see Mediawatch a week or 2 after he opens his Mouth.

I heard it from Ex Ump Gareth Parker on Singo’s Perth Station,6PR.

Something tells me this was one big wind up and even I fell for it,Hook,Line and Sinker! #-o :roll: :lol:
Oh I see.

There is some sort of fan led mob mentality that is going to try and influence the match by noise intimidation. Even more than usual in regards to umpiring. The swell of support is being drummed up by media there by the sounds of it.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Media driven for sure,feeding the Eagle Public here,like they’re the chooks!

It worked!It’s got them squawking like Chickens going off their rockers! :roll: :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 am Media driven for sure,feeding the Eagle Public here,like they’re the chooks!

It worked!It’s got them squawking like Chickens going off their rockers! :roll: :lol:
Ha ha, it reminds me of a skit with Tackleberry and Mahoney. What a maniacle situation :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Gee,there were a few. Was it the “Mahoney,I’m a Virgin!”scene? :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So, Collingwood into another GF. FMD. How has this f****** happened???

Let me think about this for a second. Since our “All Conquering” 2000 team that went onto lose the 2001 GF, Collingwood have made the 2002, 2003, 2010, 2011 and 2018 Grand Finals. Some good re-builds!

Other clubs who have made Grand Finals since 2001...

Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Geelong
Hawthorn
St.Kilda
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Adelaide

That’s 12 teams. The ones that haven’t...

Melbourne (just might get there today)
North Melbourne (who got to a couple of prelims)
Gold Coast (who entered the comp in 2011)
GWS (who got very close in 2016)
Carlton (who lost a couple of semi’s narrowly)

Then there’s us.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 am So, Collingwood into another GF. FMD. How has this f****** happened???

Let me think about this for a second. Since our “All Conquering” 2000 team that went onto lose the 2001 GF, Collingwood have made the 2002, 2003, 2010, 2011 and 2018 Grand Finals. Some good re-builds!

Other clubs who have made Grand Finals since 2001...

Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Geelong
Hawthorn
St.Kilda
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Adelaide

That’s 12 teams. The ones that haven’t...

Melbourne (just might get there today)
North Melbourne (who got to a couple of prelims)
Gold Coast (who entered the comp in 2011)
GWS (who got very close in 2016)
Carlton (who lost a couple of semi’s narrowly)

Then there’s us.
Well why Collingwood was gifted the old Olympic Swimming Centre (and Gosh's Paddock) as their training facility is beyond me (even though Brumby was a fan). Good facilities seems to have a fair bit to do with it.

Second, Collingwood wasn't afraid to finish well down the ladder and take the benefit of high draft picks over a number of years (as well as getting a soft draw the following year who finished 13 last year again?)

Third - Collingwood has not been worried about recruiting from other clubs ... but recruiting quality and young ... last night there were 9 players recruited from other clubs (Treloar, Adams, Aish, Mayne, Varcoe, Greenwood, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott, and Howe). 5 of these were first round draft picks while another 3 were second round).

Fourth - Collingwood's recruitment and retention is strong - last night they played 7 first round draft picks (Pendles, Reid, Sidebottom, Grundy, Sharenberg, DeGuoey and Stevenson). That means that 12 of their 22 were first round picks.

By comparison - EFC have recently upgraded their training facilities and just started drafting talent from other clubs. More work to do yet, but on the way.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Go the Coasters. We cant let the filth get to 16 flags. My devious Bomber fan is coming to fruition....

1) Have Collingwood beat Whingemond to shut them up for the next 38 years

2) Lull The Filth into a false sense of superiority and cockiness which will work to stuff them up on Saturday

3) Have WCE smash Melbourne back to the stoneage and shut them up for another 20 years and lastly

Step 4 West Coast annihilate the Magpies so we dont have to put up with nonsense from their supporters for the next 30 years

Step 5 - Essendon revert to the truly ruthless and feared entity we knew from the 80s and win the 2019 flag. This making us the most successful team in AFL history.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I’d rather watch grass grow tomorrow and I get the chance to do so,watching a lot of nags run around on different tracks around the country.

Assuming all the tracks have been watered overnight,eh Michelle(Payne)? 8)

MH,if you think you have it bad with Filth fans,think how bad it is for me over here,with all the Bullshit Eagles fans Crap on about! :evil: :roll: :-&
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

By the way MH,in the horrible event the Filth(or the Eagles,can we have a Double Forfeit?)Bloody jags a flag and start crappin’ on about being the best,we’ll just tap ‘em on the Shoulder to count Total Flags Won,including the VFA and Night Flags.

And if that doesn’t shut the f****** up,remind them that Melbourne are also in front of them.

Don’t however bring the Scum into the arguement.Don’t wanna give that lot any undue encouragement,Thank - You! [-X
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Well The Eaglea did it in a truly epic grand final. For all you Filth hater like me it was the perfect storm in terms of losing one.

I am counting on the fact that when they won in 92 we won the next flag in 93.

I am confident we can make 2019 a premiership year.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I haven’t been this pumped since our 2000 premiership. Today felt like WE won the flag! What a game, WHAT A RESULT!!!!

Pies lead most of the day, lose it in the last couple of minutes. That goal by Shead is one of the best goals in history. Talk about pressure + difficulty. Unreal.

The look on Eddie’s face. PRICELESS!!!!!

Popping champagne corks all night. You f***'n beauty!!!

COLLIWOBBLES ARE BACK!!!!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Not a bad game,I’ll grant the neutral point of view that.

Spare a thought for anyone here who doesn’t follow the Eagles in WA.

I’m gunna cop all their Bullshit for Minths now.Especially the line “WA Footy is in great shape!”

Spare Me! #-o :roll: :evil: :-&

A stat required though.Counting VFA,has the Filth lost 30 Grand Finals Yet? :lol:
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:36 pm I haven’t been this pumped since our 2000 premiership. Today felt like WE won the flag! What a game, WHAT A RESULT!!!!

Pies lead most of the day, lose it in the last couple of minutes. That goal by Shead is one of the best goals in history. Talk about pressure + difficulty. Unreal.

The look on Eddie’s face. PRICELESS!!!!!

Popping champagne corks all night. You f***'n beauty!!!

COLLIWOBBLES ARE BACK!!!!
Yes!!! A fairy tale ending (sorry Grassy! :) Great game and both sides under enormous pressure at times. Not just Eddie's face but all of the Collywobble Generals having a stroke at once! And yes it was almost like we won! I nearly wet myself at the start when their banner disintegrated in the wind. An omen if ever I saw one, Wasn't expecting a good afternoon's entertainment but we sure got one. Loved little Rioli's effort. Great kicking game too.
2019 here we come!!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well if someone had to kick the Winning Snagger,perhaps it was good that Dom Sheed kicked it,given all the crowd he got from my Subi Mates.So good on’im! =D>

Now,if I can just find out what his old man’s name was,that’d be handy.

I knew a couple of Sheed lads when I were in the school tie.Probably a long shot,.....
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gf Loss no. 27

2 flags in 60 years

Gotta love those “wobbles”

But.....as an Essendon supporter, who am i to point fingers. We are the definition of mediocrity
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

But we can still hang shit on ‘em,right?!For starters,they got a Dream 5 Goal headstart and Still Blew it!

Wonder if Frank McGuire has said anything norsty to Eddie?! 8) :-" :lol: