WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Post Reply
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 am

I won’t say much say now,but already my eyes are rolling. :roll: #-o :o :evil:

And that’s not the fault of the Women playing Football at State League Level.

But I truly believe they are being used as a Wedge to Divide WAFL Supporters and drive our support base further south.

More on that later,but I’ll be curious to know who of my old Ozfooty mates will twig 1st.

WAFC CEO Gavin Taylor said with a straight face,that so far the feedback was positive,knowing full well the critics are out on the town or face down in a ditch or pillow,whilst this story gets released at the dead of Saturday night. :roll:

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9177
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by boncer34 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:13 am

Be less cryptic Grassy
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Taylor,the WAFC and their AFL Mates have recreated the Women’s Football League in WA and are generally going to slot their Games into WAFL Fixtures as Curtain Raisers,shunting our Reserves and Colts off to Sundays.

Sounds ok to any dreamy eyed idealist,but this doesn’t do the ladies any favours ironically.

And it certainly isn’t a hit with WAFL Supporters,despite Taylor’s claims about the feedback. :roll:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 am

Apparently they had the season launch yesterday.

Be curious to know why there wasn’t any Fixture release.Even if the Competition doesn’t start until May,you’d think the WAFC would let the ladies know where and when they’ll play.

:roll:

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 am

grassy1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 am
Apparently they had the season launch yesterday.

Be curious to know why there wasn’t any Fixture release.Even if the Competition doesn’t start until May,you’d think the WAFC would let the ladies know where and when they’ll play.

:roll:
Ha ha crispy chicken. You’ve got to wonder about these things sometimes. Was there a point where it was tested before use? You have to doubt it. The mind boggles. Should be in the terms and conditions.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 am

Whatever the Terms and Conditions,you’d think the WAFC would release the bloody Fixtures!

It should be a source of frustration for the ladies,but I get the feeling the WAFC are up to something!Like finding a way to piss WAFL Supporters Off!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:43 am

The WAFC are bad enough Windy.Have been for Decades!Making bad decisions mainly with the State Competition comes naturally to them.

Just when you think things are settled,letting the Eagles and Dockers Weasle their way back into the competition at the end of 2012,things go downhill again.

Now they have our State Team(Western Australia),playing as a Curtain Raiser to a Dockers game.That’s bad enough by itself,given the Dockers and Eagles fans don’t subscribe to Interstate Football.

But given Western Australia Play in Black and Gold Colours,guess who the Dockers opposition is that day?

Richmond.

I wonder where the WAFC intend to plonk us WA supporters that day? :roll:

About the only good thing about it,is we’ll be buggering off anyway.To the State Game’s Post Match Presentations.Inside or Outsude Perth Stadium!

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:59 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 am
Whatever the Terms and Conditions,you’d think the WAFC would release the bloody Fixtures!

It should be a source of frustration for the ladies,but I get the feeling the WAFC are up to something!Like finding a way to piss WAFL Supporters Off!
Is it a matter of synergistic opportunities though? Alignment with sponsor based practicalities?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:11 am

They’ll probably try and dress it as such Windy.

But in the end,I fear the ladies will be used as a Weapn,rather than as an asset.

The powers that be will probably wheel the ladies out to give a positive spin on any criticism,but woe betide anyone who dares speak out against their Aggenda.

They’ll be contractually obliged not to be critical! :roll:

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:17 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:11 am
They’ll probably try and dress it as such Windy.

But in the end,I fear the ladies will be used as a Weapn,rather than as an asset.

The powers that be will probably wheel the ladies out to give a positive spin on any criticism,but woe betide anyone who dares speak out against their Aggenda.

They’ll be contractually obliged not to be critical! :roll:
Newspeak? Oceania? 1984?

:lol:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:39 am

1984.

All 3 maybe.

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:39 am
1984.

All 3 maybe.
All 3 are the one thing. 1984 is here in many ways.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 pm

True!

In the meantime,I will be looking out for the new Competition’s Fixtures.I could be looking for a few weeks. :lol:

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:43 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 pm
True!

In the meantime,I will be looking out for the new Competition’s Fixtures.I could be looking for a few weeks. :lol:
I suspect as we near March 1st, there will be an announcement of sorts...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 am

I’ll be surprised! :roll: :lol:

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 am

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 am
I’ll be surprised! :roll: :lol:
Is there anymore on the Gavin Taylor accusation that the WAFL state league being difficult to work with?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 pm

I would have thought it was the other way around,Windy.To many supporters,Taylor is just a messenger boy for his masters at the WAFC and the AFL.

Have you got a link to any statements he made about that?

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:44 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 pm
I would have thought it was the other way around,Windy.To many supporters,Taylor is just a messenger boy for his masters at the WAFC and the AFL.

Have you got a link to any statements he made about that?
None of it was reported here I think grass. My relo over there would know though. He's the one that tells us all the goss from WA...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: WAFLW to Shake Up the WAFL Competition

Post by grassy1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm

For awhile,the Clubs DID actually have a good,settled working relationship with the WA Football Commission.But the f****** Admins at West Coast and Fremantle just had to barge in again and things have been Shithouse for the WAFL since.

Albeit with 2 Rounds less,Attendances for the Home and Away Season plummeted to a Decades long low,despite all the BULLSHIT from Le WC,Dorkers,WAFC and Channel Eagle about how things will be just fine,with extra exposure.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post Reply