Adam Goodes Real Problem

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Adam Goodes Real Problem

Post by grassy1 »

I haven’t seen the Video,but I have noticed a review or two outlining the booing and Racism and you calling it out!

That’s Fair Enough!

But until Indigenous leaders including yourself,reign in the racist behaviour on the streets by indigenous people,mainly kids sadly,the overall societal problem of Racism will never go away.

Kids calling people on the streets White c**** is Racism and is no better than the Anglo Saxon buffoons who are outright Racists!

We must all work together to ensure Racism and then extremism fades away and disappear!Easier said than done,but we can only hope that is so!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Adam Goodes Real Problem

Post by Crazyman »

Well said grassy
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Yeah right. The biggest victims of racism in our country are white folk.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No,we’re not the biggest victims.

But it happens.Maybe not so much in Melbourne,but it does in Perth.

I’ve avoided Northbridge at Night for a Donkey’s Age,unless I absolutely have to,like go to a Function.

Wouldn’t go there otherwise.Avoid it like the plague.And being called a White c*** still constitutes RACISM!Why should I have to Cop that?
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

grassy1 - it should not be the problem but it is and there is more of it than people realise.

Racism operates both ways and anyone who thinks it doesn't is sadly mistaken. When I was a small child walking along the street with my Dad, people would stare and make a comment because he was black and I wasn't. It didn't matter much where we were it happened. I was waiting for someone to ask him if I was his kid or not. It cuts both ways.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Thanks for that mdso.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Unfortunatly we live in a PC world where if you slightly defer from the far left your a RACIST or an Ante Gay or Muslim... I hate this current environment...simple fact is...you be a role model...you be a decent honest contributer to your team...you will be ADORED. Look at Saad....look at Tippa.....look at Wanga/Long ect....Goodes was a cheap trick...talented yes...but played on this very sunject to get special treatment. Ask Mr Goodes how he would fair being called a drug cheat..a doper...ruined 12 plus players lives..media on his door step every day for 2 years with "new allegations".. Following your kids and wife? Maybe Jimmy needs the "Truth/Token" doco...not you! This is just the AFLs way of coforming YET AGAIN.
Image]
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Saw the Australian Dream tonight and despite my belief,it happens on many walks of Life,I felt pretty awfull when the Wholesale Booing was extended to Twittersphere and the Deadset Clown who come up with his own deadset Trashtalking Racist Video!

On the day of July 26 in 2015,was the day of Infamy at Subiaco Oval.All that booing!I knew it was Adam Goodes that was copping it,but why?I had my suspicions some racist comments were tossed in,under cover of the booing,but with my shit hearing couldn’t pinpoint what comments were made,from where or whom.

I was working there for 1 person,maybe 2.My primary concern at the time,was a duty of care for the guys.I was bouncing between 2 places,as they were at separate levels,getting food and drinks,checking on their well-being.

So I missed a bit of action as I do,when working such shifts.I’m not there for me,but to ensure others enjoyed a day or 3 at the footy,mainly Sundays,which if memory serves,July 26 that year most certainly was.

When I got to sit down,the booing continued.What did I miss?An incident involving Goodes?Was Goodes tagging someone that gave Eagles Fans the Shits(something I like to see often)?

I did see an Female Aboriginal Eagles Supporter jump up and yell out,”Leave him alone!”What I should have done was to stop and ask her,who she was defending.But regrettably,I was on the go again and missed my chance to find out what was bothering her.

I did hear people say an Aboriginal Lady was going crook at the crowd and may have been Lewis Jetta’s Mother.But I didn’t hear that until after the event.Too late for muggins here to join the dots.

But the Booing was Undisputed!

Racist?Don’t know,but I reckon people with better hearing than me will say there was!

What happened to Adam Goodes was a Disgrace on just a simple Booing Level.

That there was Racism in the Crowds,online posting and Videos made things WORSE,not to mention blundering Media Identities and/or Club Officials.Then the deadset Shitstirring in one Quarter!

Have things improved for the better?Sadly no,despite the best efforts by even Adam himself.

And tragically,the plight of Aboriginal people especially in Rural Towns of Western Australia doesn’t appear to be too much better,nor though has the rate of crime it appears,when the hopelessness of the plight of Aboriginals Is perpetuated in Alcoholism,drug addiction,crime and Yes,Racist Attitudes!It does happen the other way!If you asked me to whip out a whole bunch of stats to substantiate what I say,I couldn’t do so.

But you hear these stories far too often to deny it ever happens.

And we just seem to be going around in the same old Vicious Circle.

What can be done here?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yes, I watched it. Every Australian should watch it. Including the bigoted and racist ones.

I’ll put my hand up to say that I was one of the ones that booed Goodesy. Not because he is Aboriginal, but because I thought he got away with murder at the tribunal, staged for frees, and was a sook. That was my view. The more he complained about the booing, the more I was going to do it (not that there were many opportunities because they played us twice in Melbourne in about 10 years). I am saddened to think I added to the racist booing that was actually going on. My boo added to their boo, and boos just sound like howls as they described in the program.

The program opened my eyes and ears to how Aboriginal people feel about living in their own land. It is a disgrace what has happened over the years, and it is a disgrace how this country hasn’t done much to heal these wounds.

In my view, this country is a great place. But it has a dark history, and an ignorant present with indigenous people. It needs to acknowledge this and deal with it. The Andrew Bolt types need to open their hearts and minds, or f*** off.

It’s about time (with 2020 vision) to grow up. Become a republic, create a treaty with indigenous people, and change the constitution to include them. No more invasion day, as they know it. A new beginning that is inclusive and embraces their culture.

If there’s a referendum on this, I know which way I’m voting.

And lastly, I want to apologise to Adam Goodes. I added to the feeling of his despair. Not what I intended, but that’s what it did. He is an outstanding individual. Champion player, and champion bloke. The way he was treated, was a disgrace. The comments aired on the program that were aimed at him absolutely sickened me. Whatever his campaign, I am with him 100%. He only wants to do good. Goodes by name, and Goodes by nature.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yes mate,agree with most of what you say.

Though it will take time for the Republic(and a new Australia Day,plus Flag))to arrive.The usual suspects from the Monarchists will jump and down,no matter how good or bad the New Republican Model will be,so again it’s up to the Republicans to come up with a Good Outstanding Model that you can’t say no to and the Floodgates will open at the Ballot Box,in all 6 States and 2 Territories.

In the meantime though,what can be done to really improve the plight of our 1st People and also our attitudes?!The attitudes has to be a 2 way street mind you,otherwise the same old problems will keep revolving,which just does our collective head in! :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am Yes mate,agree with most of what you say.

Though it will take time for the Republic(and a new Australia Day,plus Flag))to arrive.The usual suspects from the Monarchists will jump and down,no matter how good or bad the New Republican Model will be,so again it’s up to the Republicans to come up with a Good Outstanding Model that you can’t say no to and the Floodgates will open at the Ballot Box,in all 6 States and 2 Territories.

In the meantime though,what can be done to really improve the plight of our 1st People and also our attitudes?!The attitudes has to be a 2 way street mind you,otherwise the same old problems will keep revolving,which just does our collective head in! :roll:
Attitudes need to change. This won’t happen overnight, but we need to start somewhere. And until this nation puts in place meaningful reconciliation platforms, attitudes will never change.

I believe the major change has got to come from those who took their land, their dignity, their kids away. They were totally disregarded as humans. If they hold bitterness and resentment for that, I can totally understand it. What have we ever done to try and repair the damage caused by that? The typical Bolt style response “but this happened two hundred years ago, I am not responsible for what happened back then” has got to be replaced with “we want to make amends, and we want to work together with our indigenous people to make this happen”.

If the comment by Adam on the program is genuine and sincere (we don’t want any more handouts, just a hand up), then I believe the government needs to extend its hand and do so.
Essendunny
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:15 am
grassy1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am Yes mate,agree with most of what you say.

Attitudes need to change. This won’t happen overnight, but we need to start somewhere. And until this nation puts in place meaningful reconciliation platforms, attitudes will never change.

I believe the major change has got to come from those who took their land, their dignity, their kids away. They were totally disregarded as humans. If they hold bitterness and resentment for that, I can totally understand it. What have we ever done to try and repair the damage caused by that? The typical Bolt style response “but this happened two hundred years ago, I am not responsible for what happened back then” has got to be replaced with “we want to make amends, and we want to work together with our indigenous people to make this happen”.

If the comment by Adam on the program is genuine and sincere (we don’t want any more handouts, just a hand up), then I believe the government needs to extend its hand and do so.
I agree with all the comments and sentiments. Its horrifying to discover the racism and insults thst existed even within our own lifetimes ( well the older lifetimes anyway). But a cartoon of Goodes showing his belly just won the Archibald prize and turned the prize into a social justice issue. Im just wondering if I can do one of Essendon being raped by the Umps for next year?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Rover99 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:44 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:15 am

I agree with all the comments and sentiments. Its horrifying to discover the racism and insults thst existed even within our own lifetimes ( well the older lifetimes anyway). But a cartoon of Goodes showing his belly just won the Archibald prize and turned the prize into a social justice issue. Im just wondering if I can do one of Essendon being raped by the Umps for next year?
I was a bit annoyed about that the painting appropriates the experiences and actions of Nickky Windmar and Tony Foley. Apart from that I don't have a problem with it. The guy can paint (as some of his previous entries have shown).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I wondered about Adam(Goodes)being portrayed that way.

I don’t really follow the Archibald that closely.I just tend to find out from time to time who Won it and what the painting was about.

But I don’t recall Adam doing the same as Nicky.His actions and his words spoke his own message and if he didn’t lift the Guernsey and point to it,then the picture doesn’t really portray him accurately!

But hey,I’m no expert on The Archibald Prize and maybe Adam didn’t have to actually do what Nicky do,to be portrayed the same way.

I guess pointing in some ways still isn’t polite.But pointing out a spectator who Regally and racially screwed up,was probably the one thing that stands out first for me,when he was seeking redress on a bad situation!

Maybe that image should have been better used to portray Adam,in his efforts to call out Racism.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He replicated the Nicky Winmar gesture. There’s a photo of it somewhere (not sure if it was used to promote an indigenous round or if it was for one of the documentaries).
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ok Ben,thanks.

Interesting scenario that.