Things to do during a Bye

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Things to do during a Bye

Post by grassy1 »

So,what are you guys up to this weekend?

Heading to another AFL match?The Ressies if they’re playing?Amateurs,Juniors or Country Footy?

The Races?Movies?Cuddle up to your loved one on a Cold Winter’s afternoon.Ok,keep that one to yourselves. :lol:

I have my own footy to go on a Wet,Wintery Saturday.The good thing there,is no eagles and Dockers fans cloggin’ up the Public Transport system,if I have to travel South.And No Zac Clarke to contend with.Whatever opinions are here of him,he murdered us frequently!

Whatever you do,ENJOY!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Things to do during a Bye

Post by Crazyman »

Working, poker, sfa else...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Poker at the Pub,Crazyman?

A few Jars to go with it? :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I see a Bye coming my way,Saturday week.

Might head to the Races after rushing around early for an appointment.Problem with Belmont Park,is getting there.If the Train doesn’t stop at Perth Stadium,the Shuttle Bus from Burswood might suffice and get me to an alternate(side)entrance.Half the Car Park has been dug up.Fantastic Timing,I don’t think. :roll:

The other alternative is finding out where Armadale(Red and Black Demons) are playing.

Won’t bother going to Mandurah for Peel v South Fremantle.It would easy to nod off on the return train trip and wind up far North,in Butler. :roll: :lol:

Then again,I could nod off on the return trip from Armadale.At least that won’t end up in Butler,which in years gone by,it used to.Or parts nearby!A pit stop at a pub for an hour or so,might keep ‘ole sleepy head upright! :lol:
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:22 pm Poker at the Pub,Crazyman?

A few Jars to go with it? :lol:
Not pub. Play at RSL (rissole as I call it)
NPL & APL mainly...

No buy in or $2 double stacks, rarely do add ons 👍
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ok mate.

Have a ball and make a packet! :wink:
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Watch other AFL games and pretend that we are the winning team haha. No seriously I am watching the cats demolish Richmondcurrently Hope Woosha and most of the team are watching. After a good start in Q1 Tigers are down 98 to 24 in Q3. Like us Richmond started playing panic football in frantic erratic bursts most of which ended up in turnovers and apart from their sloppiness they were f***** from that point onwards. One thing that impressed me was the Cats steady determination to get there and the obvious physical strength and fitness of that team in one on ones.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Watch Ash Barty in the Ladies French Open Final.

Go Ash! =D>
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:03 am Watch Ash Barty in the Ladies French Open Final.

Go Ash! =D>
BINGO! Go Ash!!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Rover99 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 pm Watch other AFL games and pretend that we are the winning team haha. No seriously I am watching the cats demolish Richmondcurrently Hope Woosha and most of the team are watching. After a good start in Q1 Tigers are down 98 to 24 in Q3. Like us Richmond started playing panic football in frantic erratic bursts most of which ended up in turnovers and apart from their sloppiness they were f***** from that point onwards. One thing that impressed me was the Cats steady determination to get there and the obvious physical strength and fitness of that team in one on ones.
Watch other AFL games, and.....barrack for the underdog or the one that seems to have got the rough end of the pineapple from the umps.
As for EFC relationship to playing Geelong - go watch a replay of our game V Cats - we actually played OK. It was an arm wrestle except they found a way (now and then) to get through our defences.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

nudder12 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:00 am
Rover99 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 pm Watch other AFL games and pretend that we are the winning team haha. No seriously I am watching the cats demolish Richmondcurrently Hope Woosha and most of the team are watching. After a good start in Q1 Tigers are down 98 to 24 in Q3. Like us Richmond started playing panic football in frantic erratic bursts most of which ended up in turnovers and apart from their sloppiness they were f***** from that point onwards. One thing that impressed me was the Cats steady determination to get there and the obvious physical strength and fitness of that team in one on ones.
Watch other AFL games, and.....barrack for the underdog or the one that seems to have got the rough end of the pineapple from the umps.
As for EFC relationship to playing Geelong - go watch a replay of our game V Cats - we actually played OK. It was an arm wrestle except they found a way (now and then) to get through our defences.
Wasn't talking about us playing the Cats. As you say we played a fair game that day and Geelong were having a night off anyway. Just our other recent, panic stricken efforts. And continuing my weekend's watching program I saw that Brisbane has become the new Essendon. Thanks Carlton. Living in Bris as I do these days, I actually hate the Lions more than the Scum.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Spending time at the mineral springs. Nice and refreshing. Weather has been sweet. Might even head to the tusker.