Why the AFL is Bad for Australian Rules Football

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Why the AFL is Bad for Australian Rules Football

Post by grassy1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:04 am

This is something I might have posted 1000 times over.

A fella called James Cheatley of theroar.com.au wrote this opinion piece and to me,he’s right on the money.

But instead of your’s truly banging on about it,I’ll let you guys be the judge.

F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Why the AFL is Bad for Australian Rules Football

Post by F111 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:04 am
This is something I might have posted 1000 times over.

A fella called James Cheatley of theroar.com.au wrote this opinion piece and to me,he’s right on the money.

But instead of your’s truly banging on about it,I’ll let you guys be the judge.
Does it deserve a link?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:15 am

It didn’t show up?

Try www.theroar.com.au

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:12 pm

As a dumb question...

30 odd years ago, the AFL (then VFL) was an organisation that ran 12 clubs - 11 in Victoria, one in Sydney and was about to set up private teams in Perth and Brisbane. It had no formal relationship with the VFA or State or Territory footy leagues.

How then has it become the owner of the game including setting the rules for all leagues, in charge of country footy and overseer of all matters pertaning to the game (except maybe the ammos).

Just curious
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Various bodies,including the AFL Clubs handed too much power to the AFL on a platter,pretty much.

It stemmed mainly from the problem,that much of Football at VFL and State League Level(certainly WAFL)was broke,or running with bad losses.So back then,I could accept them putting many aspects of Aussie Rules on a correction course.

I could handle the AFL as a body overlooking many competitions,administrating Fairly and responsibly,realising each and every level of our National Game,was an asset.Instead it has turned into a monster,seeing fit to control and manipulate just about every aspect of the game.Often it seems to piss off many people instead of listening to them,especially in the constant changing of the rules and consequently the game,which suffers greatly!

I could go on,but you get the idea.The AFL Executive has become an Arrogant out of control monster,that knows no bounds as to how Arrogant it can be!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:36 am

The Australian Football League have become a conglomeration of companies all of whom which support and are supported by the AFL "boys club'. Its a license to print money. From catering to merchandise, with their own media journalists, radio and t.v. broadcasting rights, to building and buying sports stadiums. They are a very powerful organisation with networking genius, who use and abuse their position of power. They control their brand with an iron fist. As a Training Organisation they employ and train thousands of people in many varied occupations. They pay NO tax and have many connections in State and Federal Politics and other Corporations. Its ALL ABOUT entertainment.

Many believe the AFL, are ruining the game of Australian Rules Football. From continual rule changes and total confusion on the field by umpires and players alike, with the fans voicing their disapproval at the game's ruination. The AFL Tribunal who decisions are as confusing as the umpiring decisions and reporting players. The new Behavioural Guards at Stadiums to stop fans booing or becoming upset and vocal.

What the AFL have conveniently forgotten is, the game is about the fans and supporters because without them there is NO game. They will vote with their feet. There is much discontent and angst. A failure to act by the AFL and simply ignoring problems which could have been nipped in the bud, blew up into full on confrontation. The AFL employed Behavioural Guards to prevent fans getting out of control and to stop racial and other abuses. Beware of the AFL Police.

If you are fed up or pissed off there is always Foxtel.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:30 am

Sorry,Foxtel’s out.This Rabbitoh’s supporter never heard any apology from News Corp or front page Cinfession saying WE WERE WRONG TO KICK YOU OUT SOUTH,SORRY!

I sponge off them at the pub and TAB,watching them for free. :lol: