WAFL Season Bouncedown on Saturday July 18

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: WAFL Season Bouncedown on Saturday July 18

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:34 am I think I’ll just say this tonight,after 23 long years of waiting.

Perth Are in the Finals!!!!!

Ok,a bit more!

Get well soon,Arthur!(92 year old property men).
Well, that’s pretty awesome! All the best to the long suffering fillisters lol :lol: =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy,go to Perthfc.com.au and click on to the Facebook section(middle left)and view the ecstasy of the Red and Black on The Final Siren.

Also note,how some DILL,left the Siren going,whilst fumbling around for a straight time,to write the necessary info on the Time Sheet! :-" #-o :roll: :lol:

A few cynics would say,you lot achieved that,only playing 8 games(except for 7 games in the Ressies,no Peel).But sod it,that was what was put in front of All the Clubs for this year.Some Clubs didn’t even want the season to go ahead,some suggested Perth was one of them.If it was,I’m glad we didn’t get our way.

If there was NO Community Transmission,by all means play.If it was too risky,then that’s it for 2020.The WAFL went ahead,after AWFULL “graciously”stopped the season in it’s tracks earlier on.As if we couldn’t make that decision ourselves?! :twisted:

And with all the twists and turns that took place on the last day,I’d to think it was Worth it!But whatever happens,we have 3 weeks to go,to guide the season to it’s end,when the PREMIERSHIP Team finishes it’s Lap of Honour.A season we didn’t think was at all possible.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Finals Time for the 2020 WAFL Season

1st Semi Final
WEST PERTH v PERTH
Arena Joondalup 1.35PM

2nd Semi Final
SOUTH FREMANTLE v CLAREMONT
Fremantle Oval 2.30PM

My expectations,putting down the Red and Black Glasses are that West Perth will progress through to the Preliminary Final to play Claremont at Claremont Oval,most likely next Sunday.No AFL,but the A Grade Amateur Grand Finals are on.Wonder who will get the bigger promotion from 7WestCoastMedia,given the Eagles sponsor the Amateur Competition?! :-" #-o :roll:

My fervent hope is for my beloved Demons,to upset the Apple Cart and bury a 9 year hoodoo in West Perth.

Motto -

Now’s a Good a Time as Any!!!!!

Caaaaarrrnnn The Mighty Demons!!!!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hear The Mighty Demon Roar

In the Crowd of 4 000 or so,for a short while.

Agonising Defeat to our Constant Nemises in West Perth,having secured an 8 point lead midway through the Final Quarter,before a sequence of Unfortunate events,saw the lead slip away to a more cunning opponent,who had their own bad memories to fix from last year’s Home Elimination Final Loss to the weagle so and so’s!

Really not sure how many Attended the 1st Semi Final today at Arena Joondalup,but geez,seeing all that Red and Black flow through the Les Fong Gate,was a real sight for sore eyes.

Admittedly,many went to Arena for the 1st time in 26 years of it’s existence,many jokingly referring to it as South Geraldton.But they sure found Arena Joondalup today.Many of whom looked like the last of the Baby Boomers or many Generation Xers,with their kids in Demons Gear,some of whom will simply convert to Essendon because of the Colours,as opposed to Melbourne’s Demons.Blue ain’t a True Demon Colour,unless you watched Monkee back in the 80’s!

Yeah,we lost.But despite losing Logan McDonald and Nathan O’Driscoll to the Draft,we probably get 3 Gun Midfielders back in Yeo,Masten and Byrne to get the Ball Rolling.Just need a restructured Forward Line for new Coach Gary Moss to set up!

Connor McPhartland is another very promising up and comer to keep an eye on in future,hopefully,

And hopefully,those fans stick by us and go more often than before.By simply going to the Footy and supporting the players,I reckon the Supreme Effort will come,more often than not.

That Mighty Demon Roar Will be Heard More Often than Not in Future!!!!!

Music to thine footy ears!!!!! :twisted: :lol: vingertje
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Today is WAFL Grand Final Day
In the excitement of Perth actually making the LeagueFinals,I’ve been a bit reticent to report further,probably due to diverting my attention to Sport FM,as regards to WAFL Footy.

2 Grand Finals have already been determined.But for now,I won’t report on them until it’s all over!

I will simply give you the Fixtures for all 3 Grand Finals and if you haven’t looked,you can tip yourself a Winner if think you know WAFL in any way.

In chronological order,....

Reserves
East Perth v Claremont

Colts
Claremont v Subiaco

League
Claremont v South Fremantle
Fremantle Oval,3.10PM

My Tips were as such
East Perth by 15 points
Claremont by 6 points
Claremont by 3 points

If I haven’t already given a spiel about the Grand Final Venue,I will tonight.I probably will anyway,whether I have or haven’t! :roll: :lol:

Catch you later!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Out by a Goal in the last,though it was South who prevailed by 3 points,not Claremont.

5.10 40 - 5.7 37

23 and a Half Minute Last Quarter.That shouldn’t be happening in a Grand Final,let alone the Last Quarter in a Grand Final,but it did!No reflection on the Timekeepers!

That’s Channel 7’s Fault(they demanded it,though we pay them,Worse Luck!)and the Stupid Clots at the Western Australian Football Commission,who slavishly fell in with the AFL Competition and Bloody 7 when they didn’t have to.

IDIOTS!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

South Won their 14th Flag,their 1st since 2009.

Blaine Wilson stood out for me in defence for South,whilst Jai Bolton after a bit of a personal mid season crisis,played outstandingly well to Win The Simpson Medal with 35 Disposals!After a bit of slight course correction,his Football has improved.But whether that finally gets him drafted,remains to be seen!He certainly deserves a chance if you ask me.

I guess if he doesn’t nominate,he’s happy to stay at Claremont,but to be fair,I’m not entirely sure,he’d want to entertain a move East and I wouldn’t blame him really.Things are improving in trying to Bec down Covid19,but they’re not great just yet,so watch this space.

In other games,East Perth broke a 37 Year Drought in the Ressies,always holding sway to Win 9.12 66 - 5.7 37.Christian Amadeuri Won The Merv McIntosh Medal and the Young African kid I mentioned(Sebit Kuek) a few weeks or so back,kicked a couple of Goals,one a pearler I believe.Good on him,hope he goes far in Footy.

In the Colts,Subiaco won it’s 2nd Colts Flag in 3 years,with an Emphatic 59 Point Thumping of Reigning Premiers,Claremont after losing twice previously to the Tigers,including the 2nd Semi by 15 points.Trying to remember where from,but I got the vibe the Lions felt they weren’t far off Claremont and they were confident showing and they delivered in Spades!

Watch out for Mel Whinnen Medallist,Lachlan Varnisen.He’s got big cred on his Talent.

Congratulations to all the Premiers.Commiserations to the Runners Up,which happened to be Claremont 3 Times,worse luck for them.They are no less a Club for it,just a bit of a lousy day for ‘em,really.

The’re still a Very Good Club.but the festering issue of Zones will rear it’s ugly head again and for starters,one such zone change to it’s Northern Limits,will be met with a collective GROOOAANN,because it’s the old Juggernaut,Subi!

But there’s no doubt in my mind Claremont’s Zone goes way too far North and should stop at the Northernmost limit of City Beach,where Subi gets it’s Traditional Zones of Scarborough,Innaloo,Karrrinyup and North Beach back and so they should.

There’s a AWFULL lot of water to go under the Bridge,particularly as to what happens with the Inquiry into the WA Football Commission,it’s Executive Makeup and more pointedly,just how much interference Bloody Nisbett and West Coast run for the f****** AWFULL Commission!

It’s been a good season,considering Covid19 Alone.And I’d love to think it can be next year,only longer!

But like WAFL Supporters,I couldn’t trust AWFULL,Nisbett and Co as far as I Can kick them!And what they get up to behind closed doors,worries all of us!

More on that some other time,maybe even tomorrow! 8) :wink:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Very Nasty Rumour on Perth Radio this morning,that West Coast’s Marketing Manager is in line to be the next CEO of the Western Australian Football Commission.

Deane Peters if memory serves!

It’s not him,but the fact that he’ll be an extension of Bloody Nisbett,therefore an Extension of the f****** AWFULL Commissions!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: