2 weeks for Shiel so

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

2 weeks for Shiel so

Post by desmondo »

How long for poster boy Cripps? :-" :-k
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: 2 weeks for Shiel so

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:41 pm How long for poster boy Cripps? :-" :-k
I’d be very surprised if he even gets cited. I didn’t see anything wrong with what happened.
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:53 pm
desmondo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:41 pm How long for poster boy Cripps? :-" :-k
I’d be very surprised if he even gets cited. I didn’t see anything wrong with what happened.
Thought i saw hard shoulder contact to the face/head region and thought the head was sacrosanct?. He knew what he was doing (had a quick look) then i reckon he left the ground also.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 pm
Thought i saw hard shoulder contact to the face/head region and thought the head was sacrosanct?. He knew what he was doing (had a quick look) then i reckon he left the ground also.
Yeah, I have no issue with him accelerating to gather the ball and then a split second later Mayne is right in his path. I don’t think he had any option TBH. Mayne put himself in harms way and came off second best. Nothing in it. I would be absolutely livid if I got done for that.
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:51 pm
Yeah, I have no issue with him accelerating to gather the ball and then a split second later Mayne is right in his path. I don’t think he had any option TBH. Mayne put himself in harms way and came off second best. Nothing in it. I would be absolutely livid if I got done for that.
Just curious, you reckon Shiel deserved 2 weeks?.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:00 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:51 pm
Just curious, you reckon Shiel deserved 2 weeks?.
Nope. But only because of his clean record.

There is a distinct difference between the two incidents. Cripps gathered there ball and then collided with Mayne - mainly through momentum.

Shiel decided to bump his opponent instead of going for the ball. And when you do that and hit the head, you’re going to get cited.
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Having a closer look you are dead-set right Ben. :oops:

I gotta stop drinking through games. :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Can you really tell with the MRP though? :roll: